I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

LEARNING FROM COMICS


Ok, in case no one reads the funny paper but me..(do people still call it the funny paper?)..i will recap doonesbury...mike doonsbury is sitting on his chair watching tv.bush is on tv..saying"Have I made any mistakes? Yes, I started a terrible and completely unnecessary war. When we couldn't find any weapons of mass destruction, I then pretended the main mission was to spread democracy. I have not made us any safer. On the contrary, my actions have earned america the scorn of the world and created a vast new generation of terrorists.I regret putting over a million service people in harm's way, with 1,700 dead and many thousands wounded so far. And as a Christian, I greatly mourn the continuing loss of innocent Iraqi lives, the total of which is several times greater than the number lost at the world trade center. In short, I am so very, very sorry.......
then in a little brink mike''s summer daydream comes to an end..
and for something interesting from the funny paper..mallard fillmore by bruce tinsley is usually something i read and then bitch about..because i ususlly disagree with him..he is the christian rights voice...so power to the people..anyhow...this sunday he has mallard saying"this just in....The Spanish American war is over, and we lost...at least in the sense that we''re still paying 3-percent"Spanish American war tax...on our phone bills every month..congress voted to end the tax in 2000, but somebody vetoed the bill(clinton)...please write your lawmakers and tell ''em how you feel about this tax..and let 'em know the war is over and its safe to come out now..." then he says you can even use the handy e-mail form at the americans for tax reform website.atr.org....
I for one would like to see that 3-prcent tax off my phone bill...but since it comes from the right..im leery..but will check it out....
for those who are interested..rocky is back...he came home ate a can of cat food, a slice of cheese, some cooked chicken, the juice from a can of tuna, licked his balls went to sleep for about 6 hours and then left again...this is the life i would like to live...eat, fight, fuck and sleep...hell, except for the fucking part..it is my life.oh, and l dont have balls to lick..
yesterday was one of those weird texas days..was hot, hot as the flames of hell and it was thundering out...no rain..just thunder for about 2 hours...think it was the goddess playing pool..i swear i will figure out how to scan some pictures and will do it this week..my daughter sent me a recent picture of her and man, she is back to her old beautiful self..i know im a little one sided about her but i think when you see her you will agree..she is 5' 9" and weighs about 140 or less..strawberry blond hair, green eyes, her mothers honkers and a big ass grin...sooo proud of her...i swear i will put the pictures on..this week...
....do i smell pie

No comments: