I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

DANNY BOY


o danny boy, the pipes, the pipes are callin',
from glen to glen, and down the mountain side,
the summer's gone the roses are all fallen,
and now 'tis you must go, and i must bide.

but come ye back when spring is in the meadows,
or when the hills are hushed and white with snow,
ye'll find me there, in sunshine or in shadow,
o danny boy, o danny boy, i love you so

but if ye come, and all the flowers are dyin',
and i am dead, as dead i well may be,
then you will find the place where i am lyin',
and kneel and say an ave there for me.

and i will hear, though soft your tread above me,
and then my grave will warmer, softer be,
and you will bend and tell me that you love me,
and i will wait in peace unti you come to me.


frederic edward weatherly..."DANNY BOY"....

this is a song garanteed to make me weep...no matter how many times i hear it...

No comments: