I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Sunday, December 25, 2005

YES JACKIESUE..THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS


I got an unexpected but very happy to get phone call this morning. Thom called. We acted like nothing ever happened..which is what we do in our family.We the De Nile Family..We had a long chat about the girls, mojo, the cowboys, etc. Then he said they were having Christmas at 12:30 and did I want to come and see what all the girls got for Christmas..said of course...we said our goodbye's and we both said I love you. I hung up and burst into tears..yup old hard case weeps..usually at sappy movies but the kids can make me cry all the time..it's what they are good for.So off I went to Bellmead, which is about 15 miles from West.(damn Brett Farve just threw an interception in the endzone, fuck) and faced the music. It was like nothing happened. Of course..I got to see all the gifts the girls got. Judas priest they made out like bank robbers. Watches, credit cards, clothes, buddahs, money,every lotion and skin care product known to woman kind and pedicure stuff. Unbelieveable..I got a gift card which was a nice surprise and will put to good use..Thom showed me all the pictures he took of the San Francisco trip and the ski trip to Colorado..Especially liked the ones taken at Candlestink Park in San Francisco during the cowboys, niners game...That was really cool..We had a great dinner, Candy, Thom's wife always makes a great meal..she even made homemade whipped cream for the pies which was really excellent.Then Scott(Thom's stepson, who is 15) and I and Candy played Texas holdem.The girls left to go to their other grandparents and Candy's sister came with all the kids, so I knew Candy likes to 'be alone' with her family so I kissed everyone and waddled back to West. Was a perfect Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Jackiesue you sure did have a great Christmas, it's all about family, isn't it. It is so great to see you post on the weekends now instead of "signing off" until Monday. Nothing like your own PC, I felt the same way about when I got mine. Glad everyone is on speaking terms ( a warm and fuzzy feeling, he he). Thanks for the post I really enjoyed it. I love your style of writing anyway. You say 'em as you see 'em and fuck the rest. Rock on!!!!!

Cassandra said...

Yes, you can still vote!!

Re: your comment on my Dad..
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Can you hear me now? :)

Cassandra said...

Jackiesue...do you have an answer for my latest post???

Cassandra said...

I just knew you would know what it is!!!

Lisa said...

i'm so glad that you had a good christmas and made amends (though silently) with thom.
thanks for your comments on my blog. you crack me up.

Denise said...

Aw fuck! No more name calling?! Oh well....that's OK. Glad you had a good Christmas!

apositivepessimist said...

well i sure will miss that nick. cracked me up the first time i read it.

but i guess all good things must come to an end aye.