I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Friday, January 27, 2006

LIBRARY HAUL


Yesterday was the 4th Wed. of the month when I get my social security check..so did most of my running around today.Paid house payment, water bill, went to the grocery store and then to the library. I made out like a second story man...I picked up Michael Connelly's The Lincoln Lawyer, which I am really enjoying.I like his books very very much...Then I got a first time author Elisabeth Robinson's book The Hunt Sisters. It sounds like those books that you consider a gift and looking forward to reading it.Then I thought I would try a mystery writer that I have never read before Tom Corcoran and the title is Air Dance Iguana.The cover was a pretty green and the font looked good ...ha...so thought, what the hell..Actually the other two books are by author's I have never tried before, Patricia Henley's In The River Sweet and The Memory of Running by Ron Mclarty...Plus I have to pick up 3 more that Henrietta culled for me from the Waco Library.They used to come twice a week for deliveries and pickups, but with the gas being so high, they cut it back to once a week..So I am all excited..new books, and the Lincoln Lawyer smells so good...I don't know if someone had it and sprayed it with perfume or what the deal is, but I put my nose in the book and smelled really good..I just reread that and yes I often put my nose in my books and smell them..I love the smell of print on paper in books..and if it has leather binding, Im damn near in hog heaven..Ahhhhh, life is good.Have my pot of tea steeping, eating christmas candy I got for 70% off at the $store, the house is nice and snuggly warm and Im listening to Harlem Nocturne....fuckme till I purr

4 comments:

Astronaut said...

Have you ever smelt a book that's about 80 years old, very odd...

BriteYellowGun said...

What? No "Million Little Pieces", lol! That guys only going to get richer!

Cassandra said...

Ahh... you sound as content as my kitties...

Lisa said...

i LOVE the smell of books. the smell of used bookstores or the library. i may just try to read a book tonight. haven''t had the concentration in so long. but i'm inspired by your post. thanks js!