I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

THE LINCOLN LAWYER BY MICHAEL CONNELLY


This is a book review of one of the best books I have read since the last James Lee Burke book..This book gets 5 star's out of 5...It is smart, witty, suspenseful, has great characters, terrific story and written better than anyone else could have..I fucking loved it.Want to see Michael Connelly do a series on this group of people. The good guys are good, with a touch of sneakiness, and the bad guys are really assholes. This book is the reason why I didn't go to sleep until 9am. I could not put it down till I finished it. Thinking about how I can tell you what it is about without blowing away the story. A defense lawyer who works out of his Lincoln..in southern Calif. married and divoriced from a prosecutor with an 8 year old daughter, who although is spoke about and he spends time with is never a part of the story...it is all about the case..the case of a Beverly Hills playboy who is arrested for attacking a woman he picked up in a bar and an old case the lawyer lost....if you don't read another book the rest of the year..you have to read this one...this my friends is a YAFTA...you have to read it....

11 comments:

dom said...

Does it have pictures?
Count me out then

Cassandra said...

will homosexuals get me if I don't?

Linda said...

Can't concentrate enough to read a novel but it sounds like a good read,

Cassandra said...

Glad Mojo's doing better. Just seems like excess sleep is now my main lingering withdrawal symptom. Even though I've only been up since 2:30 this afternoon, I already feel like I could go to sleep. I may do that after trying to catch up on Dom's blog. He left me a comment that I had 69 new posts to get caught up on... Fuck
I just posted about how I was almost caught up reading blogs if it wasn't for Sooner and his novel length posts and Dom posting 50 posts a day...

Cassandra said...

You have a new picture on your blog...

texlahoma said...

I'm kinda like chattymoon about books. I probably have A.D.D. but I'll tell my wife she reads about three books a week.

Unknown said...

I think I will order the book and read it. It sounds good and I have been in the mood for reading lately. Catching up on the novels I have and haven't read yet. Thanks for the recommendation.

dom said...

I love the shitting rhino pic :-)
WD babs

Scottish Toodler said...

Sounds awesome!! I love YAFTA's!!!

Charlene said...

I've read a lot of Michael Connelly. I've not read a bad one yet. Sometimes one of those fiction writers will write 10 good ones and a stinker sneaks in, but not Mr. C.

Charlene said...

I've read a lot of Michael Connelly. I've not read a bad one yet. Sometimes one of those fiction writers will write 10 good ones and a stinker sneaks in, but not Mr. C.