I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Friday, August 11, 2006

1980...WEST TO WACO MOVE...





















I decided I needed to put some distance between 'me and Roger'...haha..anyhow..he was bad news and even if it took me till 1986 to completely get him out of my system..(ok, he was super in bed...and he always said"as long as I have a face...you have a place to sit"....)so he was hard to shake loose...Every time I would think ok, this is it...I would sit on that damn face again..damn..I need a cigarette...
So I moved the kids and I to Waco..we lived in a little city on the ski
rts of Waco, called Beverly Hills..I swear!..We had a big house and huge yard..which was terrific after that apartment in West..I still had my big ole red Chevy Truck and tended bar for ahile and then some customer tried to put the moves on me and was going to impress me with a job and what he thought would be a fast quick piece of ass..Why is in men think all women will fuck for a job? So he gave me the job and I told him to take a hike...He was a manager from Dallas and was checking out the Jones-Blair Paint store, so I got a job as Jackie of all trades for Jones-Blair.Which is where I met my friend Wiggley...he was the store manager and we hit it off right off..We were partners in crime...I also became friends with his wife C.and babysat for their sons who are in mid to late 20's...One of the sons we sat for fell in love with MOJO who was about 7-8 and crawled in the bathtub with her fully dressed...She freaked out..he was about 2..
I h
ad already worked with Jones-Blair paint so I was ok for awhile, but those paint contractors didn't want me there at all...women .yuck..unless I wanted to have sex with them after work...When I came to work there were pin-up pictures all over the place..it didn't bother me at all, but knew how to get to them...so one day I brought in pictures of Howie Long in gym shorts doing excercises in a Sports Illustrated magazine...Now not once had I ever said anything about those half naked and naked women..not once..but man you should have heard them whine and carry on about those pictures of Howie..called him homo, said he probably had a little dick from doing steroids.I finally showed the difference between being insecure and being ok with yourself by bringing it to their attention that it didn't bother me to see all those naked women, but it sure did bother them to see ole Howie in shorts...could it be that they were the one with the pencil dicks????? the next day....all of the pictures were gone..haah
The painters would come in and give me paints to match but wanted w
iggley to do it..'don't you try and do it, you'll fuck up my paint'..well, wiggley had been teaching me everything he knew and not only became very very good at matching paint, but was better than him in matching stains..which is really hard to do..and you either have the eye for matching ..or you don't...so finally after matching all these colors for them and letting Wayne take the credit, he said tell them your doing it...so I did and after the initial freking out of men in whites..they decided maybe I was ok...I also did deliveries, went to Dallas in our truck and brought back shipments, worked with decorators with wall-paper and paints to go with them...I really did love it.
Wh
ile I was becoming a paint expert..the world and us in particular were on first name's with some terrorists...
6 U.S. emba
ssy aides escaped from Iran with Canada's help.The F.B.I.'s undercover operation "ABSCAM"(for Arab scam) implicates public officails.The U.S. breaks all diplomat ties with Iran.Eight U.S. service men are killed and five are injured on hlicopter and cargo planes when they collide in abortive desert raid in rescuing american hostigages in Teheran.The Shaw of Iran died at 60.Iraq troops hold 90 square miles of Iran after invasion;and the 8-year war began between Iraq and Iran.Ronald Reagan became President of the United States..yup, we're being lead by a fucking actor..if we were going to get an actor as a president, why couldn't we have elected..Oh I don't know...Jack Nickleson?...Least we would have had a few laughs while it was coming down around our ears...When Reagan was president..Iran let the hostages go..fuckers..Three nuns and lay workers were found shot to death in El Salvador. If it wasn't bad enough...some bastid shot and killed John Lennon in front of The Dakota where he lived in New York City.I am not going to mention the name of the jerkoff that killed him..he doesn't deserve a mention..I will never forget watching Monday Night Football and having Howard Cosell tell us that John Lennon was dead...fuckity fuck fuck fuck....even with all good intentions..the music didn't make up for the loss..
I know lots of you grew up and loved this music..but as far as Iam concerned much of it was garbage...sorry...
"Another nail in my heart"by Squeeze,'My Girl'by Maddness,
'Ant Music'by Adam and the Ants,'Dream about fun'by Mark Whi
te,'Babooshka'by Kate Bush,'Baggy trousers and Embarrassment'by Madness. "Bank Robber'by Clash,'Clones'by Alice Cooper,'Dancing with myself'by GenX,'Echo Beach'by Martha and the Muffins,'Do you remember rock and roll radio and I wanna be sedated by the Ramones.'Eight Day'by Hazel O'Connor,'Misunderstanding'by Genesis,'Don't do me like that'by Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers,'Fade to Gray'by Visage,'Fashion'by David Bowie,'Fantastic Voyage'by Lakeside,'Fool for your loving'by Whitesnake.(my oldest son's favorite band at the time)'Games without frontiers'by Peter Gabriel,'Heartbreaker and Hit me with your best shot'by Pat Benetar(MOJO's favorite band)'Hungry heart'by Bruce Springsteen,'I can't stand up for falling down'by Elvis Costello,'I got you'by Split Enz,'I want to be straight'by Ian Dury and the Blockheads.
wheeee,
are we rocking yet????
'Can't help myself'by Flowers, 'Celebration'by Ko
ol and the Gang,'Ita, My Baby,and Cheap Wine', by Cold Chisel,'Enola Gay'by OMD,'China Town'by Thin Lizzy,'Coming up'by Paul McCartney,'Could you be loved'by Bob Marley and the Wailers,'Crazy Train'by Ozzy Osbournes Blizzard of Oz.'Everybody's got to learn sometime'by the Korgis,'Kill the Poor'by the Dead Kennedy's,'Killer on the loose'by Thin Lizzy,'Meltdown'by the Romones,'Let's go round again'by Average White Band,'Living after Midnight'by Judas Priest, and Love and first night'by Kim Hart....
yeah little rock and rollers...get it on.(fuckme till I boogie oogie oogie)
'It
's differen't for girls'by Joe Jackson,'Let my love open the door'by Pete Tounshend,'Special Brew'by Bad Manners,'Don't stand to close to me'by the Police,'Rock and Roll ain't noise pollution'by AC/DC...(yeah...right..this rock and roll was)
'Feels like I'm in love'by Kelly Marie,'Save Me'by Queen,'So lonely and six pack'by Police,'Rescue' by Echo and the Bunnyme
n,'There's no one quite like Grandma'by St. Winifred's School Choir(what the fuck?)..'Spirit of Radio'by Rush,'Private Life'by Grace Jones,'On the Radio'by Donna Summer,'Aces of spades'by Motorhead,'All night long'by Rainbow,'All the way from America'by Joan Armatrading,and who could ever forget:"Simon Templar/2 pints of Lager and a Packet of Chips'by Splodgeness Abound'......
'Plea
se don't go'by K.C. and the Sunshine Band,'Rock and You'by Michael Jackson,'Do that to me one more time'by Captain and Tennille,'Crazy little thing called love,another High'by Blondie,'Funky Town'by Lipps INC.,'Magic'by Olivia Newton-John,'Upside Down'by Diana Ross,'Woman in Love'by Barbara Striesand,'Sailing'by Christopher Cross,'Lady'by Kenny Rogers,'(Just Like)Starting Over'by John Lennon,'Brass in Pockets'by Pretenders,'Together we are beautiful'by Fern Kenney,'Start, Going Underground and the Dreams of Children by the Jams,'Working my way back to you,and Forgive me Girl'by Teh Detroit Spinners,'Geno'by Dexy's Midnight Runners,'Suicide is Dangerous..Theme from Mash,'Crying'by Don McLean,'Xandu'by Olivia N one bites the dust'by Queen,'Atomic, Call Me, and the Tide isewton-John and ELO,'Use it up and wear it out'by Odyssey,'The winner takes all and Super Trooper'by ABBA."Ashes to Ashes'by David Bowie...
well, I don't know about you..but I'm plumb wore out....and I just found another half sheet with more songs and country too....yowza yowza.....
'The long run'by the Eagles,'Stomp'by Brothers Johnson,'Staring at the rude boys'by The Ruts,'Talk of the Town'b
y The Pretenders,'Three Little Birds'by Bob Marley and the Wailers,'To cut a long story short'by Spandau Ballet,'Touch too much Whole lotta Rosieby and You shook me all night long'by AC/DC,'Turn it on again'by Genesis,'Turning Japanese'by The Vapors(this song would stay in my head for days....drove me nuts)'We are glam'by Gary Numan,'You may be right'by Billy Joel,'Theme from New York.New York'by Frank
Sinatra,'Steal away'by Robbie Dupree,'Fame'by Irene Cara,'Against the Wind'by Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band,'Longer'by Dan Folgleberg,'I'm alright'by Kenny Loggins and last but not least for the rock and roll segment...:"WHIP IT....WHIP IT GOOD...." by Devo......
While you were getting down and dirty with ^the above..I was drinking and going country with 'Ain't living long like this'by Waylon Jennings,'I Believe In You and Love me Over again'by Don Williams,'My heroes have always been cowboys'by Willie,'I'd love to lay you down'by Conway Twitty,'True love ways'by Mickey Gilley,'Looking for love'Johnny Lee,'On the Road again'by Willie,'Faded Love'by Willie and Ray Price,'Old Habits'by Hank Williams Jr.,'2-story house'by George Jones and Tammy Wynette,'Theme from Dukes of Hazzard'by Waylon Jennings,'It's Hard to be Humble'by Mac Davis,'Women I've never had by Hank Williams, jr.....and a song that is probably the greatest tear jerker ever wrote and no one sings it better than George Jones...."He Stopped Loving Her Today".
It was written by my good friend Mike E. who lived here in West almost all his life till he moved to Georgia with his new bride..He had to do the same thing that Willie and many others did..he sold the song for about $50 and it has become one of the greatest country songs ever...if by some chance you are out of the loop about this song..you must..trust me on this..you must hear it...
ok...another one bites the dust.....see ya next year.....

13 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

Whitesnake. Saw 'em in concert. Loved 'em. *sigh* Tell your son I was probably his soul sister back then. I just KNEW that (icky) David Coverdale would leave Tawny Kitean and take me away! Ha!

And Howie Long. Jaysus. I want that man. I wanted him back then and even more so now. Good for you, sticking his smoking ass up at the paint store! Well done! My Dad met him years ago while working at a medical center in VA. Howie lives there. My Dad said he's a total stand-up guy...no ego problems. I almost became a private nanny for him and his wife...it was that or finish my degree.

*writhing in pain*

I gave up working for hottie smart man Howie to be a teacher. *sniffling*

Carina said...

Ooohhhh, now you're talking the paint contractor chickie language!
Shit there was some horrible music in 1980. I'd forgotten.

Sling said...

You can actually match stains??...You rock!!..That is the hardest damm thing to do.

Donna said...

Hah Jackiesue Vs. The boys. Sounds like Wiggley was a good dude.

Unknown said...

Why as some men like that, thinking women can't do "a man's job"? I got shit like that where I work now but after 27 years they've figured out that I do a better job than some of the others.

Nancy said...

JS you have the gift of story telling. No one can quiet tell a story like you. I love it. You always get a smile from my silly face!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jackisue I know the Allman Brothers Band and Marshall Tucker Band. We come from the same area !

Nit Wit said...

most of the music that year did suck. that's also the year I had temporary insanity and married my first wife The Wandering Shrew.
Gee, I finally came up with a name for her that fits.
Hell, I have trouble matching my socks and I only wear white ones.

Anonymous said...

1980...the year I graduated high school (I won't tell you it was Vidor High School) and started college (Texas A&M...another mark of shame on my record).

Wow, I'm a huge George Jones fan. He was a friend of my mother's family and lived just down the road from my Aunt and Uncle in Vidor for several years. I even met him once at a concert in Lake Charles that my aunt took us to. And, yes, he was drunk as a skunk *laughs*.

"He Stopped Loving Her Today" is undoubtedly his best song ever! It can still make me cry to this day.

Josh said...

When I first saw the picture you had of that Squeeze album, I thought the yellow lettering said "Bastid Story." I thought Apos might have had a hand in it.

apositivepessimist said...

jesuschriiiiiiiiist...my beloved Cold Chisel eh AND Split Enz.

who could ever forget Devo.

lol @ Josh.

Anonymous said...

Ever been to Ft. Bend County (Texas) Jackie? I lived there as a boy.

JBlue said...

Loved that story about Howie.