I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I AM GODDESS....HERE I ROAR...

Some time the world just shickels the tits out of me...I read this article and while I respect everyone's rights to worship their religion in the way they see fit..some of them give me pause...like this:
JUDGE:PORK SOUP PLAN VIOLATES RELIGIOUS RIGHTS..
Paris---A top French judge ruled than an extreme-right group cannot serve pork soup to the needy, saying the charitable handouts aim to discriminate against Muslims and Jews who don't eat pork because of their faith.Judge Christian Vigouroux of the Council of State, the country's highest administrative body, said that such giveaways by the far-right group Solidarity of the French threaten public order. His ruling upheld a decision by Paris Police to refuse permits to the group on the grounds that such handouts could spark angry reactions.

I don't even know where to start..first of all I will jump right in and piss off the Muslims and the Jews..and the Hindu's while I'm at it...If you are starving and you are a Musliim or a Jew and a pig is standing their with bacon and pork chops wafting from him...I say God(Allah) will understand...bar-b-que that sucker and chow down...I don't think you were meant to starve so you can uphold some tenet written a kabillion years ago..when they didn't have refrigeration and Pork spoiled and would kill ya...(that's my way of thinking)..and all them hungry folks in India running around in their Sari's, stick thin and the streets are full of cattle is just an un healthy way to live..or die as the case may be.....the cows eat and get fat and the people starve and get skinny...maybe they should be runway models..I just don't see why people should go hungry and starve because of some outdated religious belief...and for those schmucks that are making pork soup knowing that the Jews and Muslims won't eat it and will go hungry...shame on you...assholes...figures they would be French...

Like Will Rogers said:"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie,' until you can find a rock.".....

In a new online poll, radio listeners in the United Kingdom have given Queen the nod as best British band of all time, besting the Beatles and Rolling Stones. BBC Radio 2 held a special three-hour show on New Year's Day during which more than 20,000 listeners voted by e-mail , text message or phone. Wueen topped the Fab Four by 400 votes.
They have got to be kidding!....I love Queen...really really love Queen.....but no way are they better than the Beatles or the Stones...Beatles first, Stones second, and then Queen....Beatles just for the song writing alone...

Did I tell you I made the Dallas Morning News?....and it wasn't for being arrrested outside of the Crawford Ranch....ha..
When they held the voting for Texan of the Year, I voted for Ann Richards...they printed my letter...which said:"No one represents, represented or ever will represent Texas in a better light than Annie.Man, do I miss her."...tada...
Mine was one of 7 letters printed about her...cool...

and finally...some good news....does anyone remember me bitching and whining and pissing and moaning about the Dallas Morning News when they changed the format? They made the comics and the crossword section into a magazine style and made it impossible to do my crossword puzzles with out alot of folding, pleating and shifting?....well, I guess the squeaking wheel does get oiled first..or at least finally.Because after months of bitching, whining and pissing and moaning in hundreds of emails to the editor....they changed it today...I was so happy I did a little old lady jig in the living room, to the horror of Annie who was embarassed for me....
Even better news...Nephew Phillip called me today and the computer is in the mail..ups..should be here by Firday at the lastest...and it's not just a new brain..it's new monitor and keyboard..I'm so excited...he also said the sweetest thing..said 'he loved me..but he liked me too...'...ain't that swell....?
So have patience and I will be back this week-end blogging from home...thank the Goddess.. oh and the nephew...
fuckme til lI have stock in Dell...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot Damn, first!

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I got excited about being first. What??? Well hell, what can I say, it don't take much to excite me in my old age.

Congrats on the new 'puter, watch them zombies this time

Anonymous said...

You really are a mover and shaker down there in Texas. Really glad that the newspaper knows who is important and that the computer is coming. I won't be able to eat pork for a long time without thinking of this blog. hehehe

Anonymous said...

freddy might have been the best frontman and showman but the band wasn't even in the same league as the beatles and stones.

Anonymous said...

I might have to agree with you in your ordering of the three bands, though as Leo pointed out, Mr. Mercury was the best frontman. Sure, John Lennon was a swell person and an inspiration for lots of folks, but when it comes down to pure entertainment, Freddie has him beat. And Mick Jagger... I'm not even considering him.

Pretty cool to have a relative that both likes and loves you. Sometimes some relatives are only lovable by obligation.

Anonymous said...

I'll take Queen over the Beatles ANY day!! The Stones. . . They really need to just go away. . . It's embarassing. . .

Poor Annie. . . She had no idea what she was getting in to. . . LOL!!

Great news on the new 'puter!!! It'll be great to have you back on a regular basis!!

Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

If we're not supposed to eat animals, why the fuck are they made out of meat?
Anyway, looks like that new number-cruncher's the shit.
And speaking of shit, what happened to the Dallas Cowboys? Atleast they don't have the inconsistency problems of the Indianapolis Dolts. They either RULE, or they SUCK.
Unfortunately, it's been many, MANY moons since "Cowboys" and "RULE" have been used consecutively, or even in the same sentence.

apositivepessimist said...

Eighth!! :))

The only thing I embarrass when doing a middle aged jig is the spiders and I say "fuck 'em".

Doing another middle aged jig because you'll soon be coming to us from yer home again.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Cowboys caught that Zombie virus that did your last computer in.
New computer oh boy oh boy, it's gonna get even more interesting around here soon.
Lets hope that the UPS driver's in Texas are smarter than the one that Denise had in Tenn.
Although I bet you could light a fire under their asses. I just hope it gets there quick.
Just another way religion causes more misery and death.
Now here I go being a ray of sunshine again.

Anonymous said...

See, I've never rated the Beatles much, and the rolling stones don't even deserve capital letters. I never realised what a fucking fantastic singer Freddie was until they did a concert in his memory and other so-called 'singers' tried to sing his songs - and all failed miserably. The only one that could get anywhere near was Axle Rose surprisingly.

But I'm right there with you on the pork and religion thing. The only thing you can't eat on a pig is the oink as far as I'm concerned.

Great news on the pooter though!

Normy said...

Yeah... beggars can't be choosers... if you're poor enough to eat in a soup kitchen, who would have the clout to say, "Oops, sorry can't eat this, I'm a Jew." then go back out on the street and be hungry again. Hmm.

That's interesting they picked Queen over the Beatles and Stones... I love them all three but I never figured the Brits would de-throne their Beatles as the top all-time British band.

yellowdoggranny said...

junebugg: i swear there will be no more zombies..i will scan every e-mail with that stop sign virus protector...plus nitty is going to send me some spy wear thru the mail...huh nit wit?
Jan:so far the only thing I haven't managed to make the Dallas AM News do is bring back Ballard Street during the week...bastids..
Ruby:I agree..Freddy was the greatest frontman..but the Beatles ruled...wrote the best songs ever..and the Stones may be a bunch of old farts but if you are an old fart like me and saw them from the beginning..well..it's a whole different story...
Josh:yup...can pick your friends but you cant pick your kinfolk and if you happen to have some you love AND like..well...that's a good thing..
Lauren: i am sooooo excited about the new computer...hope it is waiting for me on the front porch when I go home...sigh***
Galt:damn cowboys...who knows what happened to them...they blew it..
if we weren't supposed to eat meat..why do they taste so good..
apos: I like doing jigs...makes my titties bouce..
nitwit: we have a great ups driver..he has been my driver for 13 years and remembers Nate the pittybull dog and used to carry treats with him so he would have something for him when he would bring me stuff..he loved nate..so he's a good guy..anyone that loves my pittybull dog is ok by me
Beany: i found the tape of the concert they gave for Freddie at the used shit store and got it for .25cents...they ruined every song they tried to sing of his...made me reallly miss ole freddy..
normy: besides...pork just tastes soo damn good...I bet if those Muslims and Jews every had a bacon lettuce tomato sandwitch and pork chops they would change their minds real fast..

Anonymous said...

Ack! I lost my link to you, and my feeble mind would not give up the name of your blog. It took me forever to figure out that I could get it from Imagine blog, where I got it the first time.( of course, I am the one who put the milk for my coffee into the cats bowl of kibble this morning.. so its no wonder..
Don't ya just love the Odd Thomas books? And you are interested in Mayans?
me too.

I feel very much the same as you do about giving up books.. can't be done.. at least, it is just not right..
I have done it on occasion, but it is not easy.

Glad to hear that you will be getting a new computer tomorrow.. Life with no pc is hell.

oh, and the curtains.. how about deep red?

later
k

JBlue said...

I dunno, Jackie Sue. I do like Queen a lot.

Anonymous said...

I went to the post office yesterday and picked up two boxes, one for you and one for my sister. I mailing her a book titled Ask And It Shall Be Given, when I told her that she said No more books. I have too many books and I thought to myself who the fuck does she sound like? Oh Yeah, JackieSue.

I've been really out of it for the last two weeks. Sorry. When I had the cat scan there was this spot that is leading to my MRI on Feb 1st, to check out the spot a little closer...my mind wonders and forgets and now the virtigo...

So if you don't get your box by Saturday let me know. I would like to hug and kiss your nephew but that would be inappropiate behavior, so thank you nephew. :)