I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

.......I GIVE MY HEART TO YOU.......


Or at least someone's heart...

There was article in my DAM News and thought it was kinda sorta interesting...They asked people what their favorite love song was...these are some of the people and their picks..then you can add yours...what's your favorite love song and by who(whom??)

Derek Luke-actor- AS by Stevie Wonder.
Richard Linklater-director- I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS by Ella Fitzgerald.
Mercedes Mchal-actress-IN YOUR EYES by Peter Gabriel.
Ludacris-rapper- WOOZY by Ludacris
Art Alexakis-singer-YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL by Joe Crocker(as long as I don't have to watch him sing it.)
Johnny Dubowsky-singer-WILD HORSES by The Rolling Stones.
Jaret Reddick-singer-OPEN ARMS by Journey.
Lisa Loeb-singer/songwriter-REUNITED by Peaches and Herb.
The Game-Rapper-LET'S GET IT ON by Marvin Gaye.
Lady Soverign-Rapper-DIRECTOR by Avant.
Timothy Bottoms-Actor- THE MELODY OF FRIENDLY PERSUASION.
Joey Lauren Adams-Actress-HE STOPPED LOVING HER TODAY by George Jones.
Rocco Deluca-Musician-BABY'S IN BLACK by the Beatles.
Sylvester Stallone-Actor-OOH BABY BABY by Smokey Robinson.
Jennifer Hudson-Actress-singer-MY FUNNY VALENTINE ...no artist..
Amos Lee-Singer-anything by Merle Haggard.
Nick Cassavetes-Director-YOU'RE STILL THE ONE
Jeff Lipsky-Writer-Director-SEA OF LOVE by Cat Powers..


So.............what's your favorite love song?...If I had to pick one...it would be IT'S ALL IN THE GAME by Tommy Edwards...but I also think AT LAST by Etta James is pretty great...
Happy Valentines Day ......

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Valentine HUGGSS!!

"At Last" would be at the top of my list too!!!

Love ya JS!!!

Sling said...

I know it's probably cliche,but "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Bros. is in the top favorite love songs for me..
Happy Valentine's Day JS!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm depends on my mood.

I do like Wild Horses, and In Your Eyes is a classic.

Unknown said...

HUMMMMM - do you mean a love song as in "our song" or a song to make love to. "Love to love ya' Baby" by Donna Summer is a killer song to get it on with, the beat is just right and the vocals (all the moans) really gets you in the mood

yellowdoggranny said...

lauren: i decided years ago if i ever got married again, i would walk down the aisle to AT LAST..
sling: i love love love the righteous brothers...sigh*
mimi: those are a couple of my favorites too..
junebugg: well, if it's to make love to.it would have to be something by Barry white or issac hayes...
but those moans in love to love ya baby are pretty hot..

apositivepessimist said...

Hunters and Collectors...“Throw Your Arms Around Me”.

Funnily enough that is also one of the songs that will be played at my demise. My sister is the keeper of this knowledge. She so better not cark it before me aye.

apositivepessimist said...

oh and hey YOU, thank you fer that luscious comment of yours at that site. I was stoked.

Nit Wit said...

A better place to be, by Harry Chapin.

At least i consider it a love song.

Me and The Boss were so busy cutting the Ice off her car to get her to work at 4 AM that we didn't even say Happy Valentine's day until she came home and stopped by my work at 8 or so last night.
I think it's about 5 degrees.
I want global warming right now!

Allan said...

'Shot Down in Flames' by AC/DC.

yellowdoggranny said...

apos: if she goes first..we'll see to it for you...I don't think I have heard that song..
hey, I only said what I think and feel ...
nitwit: think how cold it would be 'without...global warming'....
allan: you crack me up..

Josh said...

"Hallelujah", the Leonard Cohen song, as covered by Jeff Buckley.

dom said...

Genesis - Follow you, follow me
Awesome song !
It might have been Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars, but I heard Debbie sing it ~~Giggles~~