I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, March 12, 2007

ANYONE WANT TO DONTATE MONEY TO THE BUSH LIBRARY?


Looks like the only one that is donating money to the George W. Bush Library is.................George W. Bush..
In an article found in my DAM News...it says:
BUSH DONATES $107,440 MORE TO OWN LIBRARY.
'98 governor's race funds push his total above $300,000...by Todd Gillman(Washington Bureau
Washington: Donations to President Bush's planned presidential library are t...r...i...ck...ling in---(my spacing) from George W. Bush himself.
He has cleaned out his 1998 gubernatorial campaign account and sent the last of it to the George W. Bush Library Foundation, a new state campaign filling shows. The $107,440.76 donation, dated DEc. 18, pushed the library's hope chest above $3000,000, all from Mr. Bush and donors from previous campaigns..
(so let me get this straight....................he's been planning the GWB Library since he took office, as that is what all presidents do...and so far they have raised just over $300,000 and it's all his money....Oh happy day...this is hysterical...how funny is that...)
Other donations thta might have come in remain secret.(Who the fuck wants anyone to know that they gave money for a library for a President ..who can't fucking read.)..There is no law requiring presidentail libraries to disclose funding sources, though some gifts do come to light because the donors themselves, in this case, the Governor Bush Committee-are subject to state or federal disclosure laws.
In October, Mr. Bush sent $194,904 left from his 2004 re-election effort. The Bush-Cheney committee reported the donation in early January to the Federal Election Commission.
A search Tuesday of federal records and those filed with the Texas Ethics Commission(what a joke THAT is) showed no other donations to the library...(no doh!)
The site selection committee led by longtime Bush friend Don Evans, has yet to start working to raise money, said spokesman Taylor Griffin. (Yeah, let me see the list they are going to work from...fired, oops, in jail, oops, fired, good job brownie, ooops in jail...)
Southern Methodist University has been the sole finalist for the library since December.(and Baylor University is still pissed..although I am happy as a fat lady with chocolate)
Philanthropy experts and officials at other presidential libraries say donors generally seek recognition. And libraries built by former presidents have voluntarily identified most,, but not all, donors.
"We're at an early stage in a multiyear process, and those decisions will come later," Mr. Griffin said. (yeah, some times between nunyafuckingbusiness and hell freezing over.)"The committee is really focused on the site selection right now and hasn't gotten to the fund-raising part of it."(which has to do with the fact that people are protesting at the site because Bush dosen't want anyone too see his papers...yeah, great library with no presidential papers...and for that matter..no fucking books...oh shit, this is just getting better and better.)
The House of Oversight and Government Reform Committee will hold a hearing this morning(last week) on the lack of mandatory disclosure of donations to presidential libraries..(Hmm...what a great name..the House of Oversight and Government Reform Committee...............where were they when ole George was nominated for President by the Supreme Court and lied his way into the second term?
...fuckity fuck fuck fuck....

Ahh, I love bipping on ole George..he's such a easy target...mabye I'm just in a good mood, because we got rain all night long and are expecting more...I love Texas when it rains...especially in the Spring..when there is always the promise of bluebonnets right around the corner..My little front yard is full of birds feeding from my feeders, and I'm so excited..I have a pair of cardinals...it's not my old pair of cadinals..but they are fat and red and beautiful....
I am still walking with Margaret..every day but Sunday...I don't get out of my BuBu that Shady Lane sent me all day on Sunday...BuBu's are a African dress...with the most beautiful pattern and colors...it comes with a scarf to make one of those lovely turban hats..but since I don't have the puffy afro the African women have..my scarf spends a lot of time on the back of my chair after it slides off my head(this one is sort of like the one I have except mine is dark black with yellow and green and orange.)...Lane gets them at her African Drum Dance classes she takes each week...She is getting better at her solo's and I can't wait to go visit her this summer and see her in action..remember Shady is like 1 1/2 years younger than me..she takes boxing lessons, does (or did) cardio-funk and gave up booze for Lent..so I don't suggest anyone fuck with my Shady lane..she told me in one email she had a lot of pent up anger(she's from New Jersey/New York)and is just itching to kick someone's ass...I have a feeling the next rich yuppy that cuts her off in traffic is going to get a serious bipping...which is actually where I got the term bipping..She showed me the difference between bipping, smacking, slugging, punching and belting ..using my kids when they were younger to do so...I cracked up...Dave, Thom and Mojo weren't all that thrilled with the demonstration..But we have all passed down the bipping ...All I have to do with Jenny and Jamie is say:"Come here."...and they both start laughing and say.."no bipping, no bipping.".
Yup...I'm in such a good mood....fuck me till I giggle..

17 comments:

the rube said...

i saw a show that was about a nuclear aircraft carrier named after mr bush.

it's the biggest boat i've ever seen.
way bigger than his puny library!

Nit Wit said...

Bush bashing is good for you it gives you the kind of workout that I get from my cardio cuties. I can't wait for the warm weather and lots of weeds for my son to cut. He needs the exercise.
Trying to decide if I want to put in a truck garden this year. Not sure I want all that work for a few tomatoes

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Yeah, why don't I just donate all that money that he takes out of my check for Social Security? I'll probably never be able to retire because there's no way a person can survive on the paltry amount we get back!

yellowdoggranny said...

rr:His library is going to have no papers as he won't release them.and don't know what books would be there...the goat book maybe..but don't think he's finished it yet..
nitwit; Yeah, I love bashing on bush...but I would like it if he was gone...as I could get used to not having him around to bash on...
I'm going to plant some plants I got to day..tomorrow I think...glad I don't have a lawn to worry about anymore..I love it here..wish I had moved here 5 years ago..
cheesemeister: if I told you how much Social Security I get each month you would have a heart attack...

soonerfan78 said...

I posted about those awards, and I should let you know that I am positive that the entire state of Oklahoma is being sucked into a black hole some where in Crawford, Texas.

I am becoming irritated.

apositivepessimist said...

Maybe use it as a bandanna instead.

Some of their outfits are so colourful aren't they. I like seeing them all kitted out. I also love the getups from India/Pakistan. Bright, happy.

Me said...

Oh, I love, love, love this post. HIFRIGGINGLARIOUS about Dubya's library. Donated the money himself. BwaaaaHaaaaaaHaaaaaaaa.

You are spot-on about the rain, too. After last year's drought from hell, it was pure pleasure watching the torrents of water pour from the sky.
Let it rain!

Jan said...

I love the rabid yellowdog democrat icon. You should keep it as part of your page.

yellowdoggranny said...

SOOOOONER: GOOD TO SEE YOU..! YEAH, CRAWFORD, TEXAS...IF YOU DRIVE BY YOU CAN SMELL FIRE AND BRIMSTONE...
APOS: I LOVE THE AFRICAN DRESS'S, AND THE INDIAN'S SARI'S...WHITE FOLK DRESS BLAND AND BORING..I LOVE ALL THE BRIGHT COLORS AND EXOTIC DESIGNS...SO CHEERFUL...
HILL:WE DIDN'T GET ANY RAIN LAST NIGHT OR TODAY.BUT THINK WE WILL GET SOME BEFORE THE DAY IS OUT..MY IRIS'S POPPED UP OVER NIGHT...ICY BLUE..SO PRETTY...
JAN:YOU KNOW THAT'S A GOOD IDEA..I THINK I WILL....THANKS...

Nit Wit said...

I would donate some books to his library but I got rid of all the curious George books when the kids made it to the first grade.
You know why he wont release his papers doncha? He doesn't what people to know he makes notes with a crayon and uses little skulls to dot the I's. Sometimes I crack me up.

Mr. Shife said...

What kind of literature are they going to have in his library? Pop-up books and comics? Oh man I just hope we can survive the last remaining days of his term.

texlahoma said...

If that quarter I swallowed when I was five ever passes, he can have that!

BriteYellowGun said...

I have one word for the G.W. Bush Library...
Newkewler.

yellowdoggranny said...

nitwit:sometimes you crack me up too...
Mr shife:lots of booze, dope and prayer will get most of us through the last 678 days, 33 minutes and 13 seconds...
tex: he probably already mined your asshole and spent that money...
mimi: no more than he deserves..
byg:yup...right on the library..

Cassandra said...

Dammit, does it have to be at SMU? Not that I would go there anyway because it's the snobby school.

We already have a tollroad named after his Daddy. No more!

Josh said...

I'm thinking about making a donation to the library. That way, my eventual detention for unpatriotic immorality may be reduced somewhat.

I could at least chip in a copy of "My Pet Goat."

yellowdoggranny said...

BABS: THE GEORGE H W BUSH TOLL ROAD SHOULD BE CALLED THE HIGH WAY TO HELL...
JOSH: THAT IS ALL THAT WILL BE IN THE LIBRARY...MANY COPIES OF THE 'MY PET GOAT'...IN HOPES THAT HE WILL BE ABLE TO FINISH IT SOME DAY..