I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, March 19, 2007

.......MUTANTS FOR NUCLEAR POWER.......


This is going to be one of those rambling posts...found some stuff in the paper that amused and one that pissed me off...where shall I start???? Lets get the bad one out of the way...Crazy Ray Jones the unofficial mascot for the Dallas Cowboys passed away Sunday and that's sad...he had been right there on the front lines cheering the Cowboys along since the early 60's..He started out selling seat cushions and he would goof around and made people laugh..finally they asked him to just concentrate on intertaining the crowds..and he did ..His health started failing in the late 80's..but he continued to show up and root for 'da boys'.....I will really miss seeing him in his cowboy getup and mock fighting with the Eagles and Redskins mascots...Good bye Crazy Ray....rest in peace..








The article that pissed me off is the one about Ramy Brooks...He's a professional dog sled racer...races in the Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race all the time..He's 38 years old and been doing this for a long time..I don't know what posessed him, but he was disqualified from the race because he hit each and every one of his 10 dogs last Tuesday with a trail-marking lathe, similar to a surveyor's stake, after two of his dogs refused to get up and continue running on an ice field. One of the dogs died the next day. Brooks finished the race and came in at 15th....




This is where it gets pissy for me...not only did he end up killing one of his dogs...they let him continue with the race but THEN they disqualified him....Judas fucking priest...they should have charged him with cruelty to animals, and banned him from ever racing the Iditarod again...He should have been arrested right on the spot..What kind of weasel does that to his dogs..? I hope they attack him and rip him a new asshole...








Surprise, surprise ....Carol Lam one of the eight U.S. attorneys fired was fired because she spearheaded the case against Randy "Duke" Cuningham, the former Republican congressman from Southern California who pleaded guilty to bribery and income-tax invasion.




Oh them sonsabitches...if Bush doesn't fire that Al Gonzales I hope the Senate drag his ass through the courts and put his ass in jail...fuckers..




this one is one of my favorites...




JUSTICES TO HEAR STUDENT'S FREE SPEECH SUIT.








High schooler's 'Bong Hits 4 Jesus' banned got him suspended...




The most important student free speech conflict to reach the Supreme Court since the height of the Viet-nam War hinges on a vaguely ofensive, mostly nonsensical message of protest.




BONG HITS 4 JESUS..




That's the slogan that Joseph Frederick, a defiant high school student, fashioned with a 14-foot piece of paper and a $3 roll of duct tape. His goal was party to get on TV as the Olympic torch passed through his town of Junear, Alaska, and mostly to get under the skin of his principal, Deborah Morse, with whom he had a running fued.




It worked-at least, the irritating-the -principal part. Mrs. Morse confiscated the banner and suspended him for 10 days.




In the 5 years since, a student-principal conflict has become a classic American battle spawning lawsuits and conflicting court rulings.




Now, a wide range of interested parties has assembled for what they see as an epic Supreme Court battle, which will be heard today.




The American Civil Liberties Union is on Mr. Frederick's side, joined by a diverse coalition of civil rights, constitutional law and religious organizations.




Kenneth Starr, the former special prosecutor of President Bill Clinton, has volunteered his time to the Juneau school district.(he hasn't had a job since the Clinton bashing episode)




Morse vs Frederick asks the justices to weigh the court's famous 1969 ruling that students "do not shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate" with more recent decisions ackowledging a school system's ability to enact rules that maintain order and protect other students from messages deemed harmful.




A district court judge relied on the Supreme Court's more recent decisions to dismiss Mr. Frederick's suit against Ms. Morse and the school board. But the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit said that the 1969 decision was the most important and that government officials cannot punish speech with which they disagree.




Mr. Frederick says he has learned much about the legal system. He sued the Juneau police over alleded harassment after the banner incident and received a settlement from the city. As fate would have it, his father, Frank, worked for the company that insured the Juneau school district; he sued after he claimed he was demoted and then fired for not pressuring his son to drop his lawsuit. Frank Frederick received a nearly $200,000 settlement...




all this because a kid wanted to be on tv and piss off his principal at the same time...What a country...




.......CHIMP HAVEN.......




A place of their own..In Keithville, La. is a 200-acre sanctuary that houses over 90 former research animals ..Most of them were born in captivity but this haven offers them their first chance to experience the wild side of life...




Chimp Haven opened in April 2005, and is designed so that the animals can move freely between indoor residences and outdoor areas. The facility isn't an attraction or a zoo, although it opens occasionally to visitors.




Most entertainment-industry chimps are juveniles. After age 6, these apes become increasinly unmanageable, growing to the weight of an adult human and developoing 7-10 times our strength. In captivity they often live to age 50. The chimp who played Cheeta is now in her 70's and living in California.




The chimps all have been fixed so that they can't breed..Which doesn't explain the 'miraculous birth of Terry by "Mother Teresa"...They had to do DNA tests on all the males to find out 'who's yo daddy'..If you would like more information about Chimp Haven or wish to donate to them(the Goddess would be most pleased)...they are at www.chimphaven.org..




So that's the news of the day...In Yellowdog Land, I am going to go to Dr. E. and get me some cholestrol medicine...then go to the library and print out some horoscopes I did for my friend C. in New York who has a new baby boy ...It's gray and cloudy here in West, Texas....and this weekend we will have BBQ cook off..hot dang..boy howdy...!..Margaret and I had our walk today...she cracks me up...when I say something a little outthere for her she drops her head, giggles and says "giiirl'.......ahhhh, makes my day....




11 comments:

Nancy said...

Bong is a funny word. I had a 23 year old over dose and his name first name was Bong. Bong, bong, bong...shit man ya gotta laugh, bong!

Josh said...

Sounds like Ramy Brooks could have stood a few bong hits before the Iditarod. Now perhaps he just needs to be hit with a bong.

Unknown said...

I would think that an Iditarod racer would be bonded with his dogs. I bed the asshat would probably beat his children too! Damn, I hate folks who pick on those who are more helpless then themselves.

Hope the meds help and don't have many side effects. I've gotta break down and go get my blood tests done soon or else I'm gonna run of of the few meds that I do take. The dang dr is threatening me with blood sugar meds and cholestrol meds so I guess I'll just have to suck it up and join you on being a pill-poping granny

Cie Cheesemeister said...

That fucker needs to be banned from dog sled racing forever! WTF is wrong with some people??

You and the Goddess might enjoy this:
http://hipgnostic.blogspot.com/2007/03/to-hell-hel-with-me.html

It's from my esoterica blog.

Nit Wit said...

Ken Star has no need to work after the Clinton investigation. He made millions on that one case that didn't amount to shit. He just kept drawing it out so he could charge more billable hours and Gingridge and his crew encouraged him to steal all that taxpayer money. Figures he would take a case trying to steal a person’s right to free speech.

Those races are cruel in themselves. They are basically running the dogs until they drop for money and fame.

Gotta watch out for them Apes. There are some now that are making and using spears to hunt small animals. The Medicine men say it's a sign of the end of the world.
I take a pill for cholesterol. I don't seem to have any side affects from it. Of course I take 11 pills a day and I haven't figured out if they do any good.

carina said...

Oy....I'll need to go read that Ramy story, it passed me by. He certainly shouldn't be allowed to run any more iditarods if he takes his frustration out by beating his dogs, that's for sure.
Not sure what I think about the Bong Hits 4 Jesus case. I've read it but not thoroughly. Sounds like a case of teenage stupidity got blown wayyyyy out of proportion but I don't know enough facts to have my own little opinion, yet...

apositivepessimist said...

Makes you fucken wonder what that prick did to his dogs when people weren't around to witness him huh.

I'm loiking Margaret. She seems to have made a good choice in walking partners :)

I suspect wicked storm is all chooffed up.

Bong. Bong...Bong. Bong.

Heidi said...

Grannie, thanks for sharing about the dog beater. It just breaks my heart when I read about how heartless people are toward animals. Animals are so trusting and will do their best to please you, even if you're a shit to them. It's so sad...

I bet this wasn't the first time the racer beat his dogs. Clearly, all he cared about was winning. People like that make me sick. Someone out to beat HIM senseless whenever he does something someone doesn't like. Someone out to punch him right in the balls and then kick his ass. I'm outraged!!!

the rube said...

there's big money and sponsorship at stake in the race.

let's hope prick face brooks just blew his sponsorship.

yellowdoggranny said...

mimi: I am not crazy about peta but I did send them an email and asked them why the fuck they were'nt on his front door step kicking his ass...
i suggest every one email peta and urge them to go afte him...
wickedstorm: bbooooooooong!...plunk your magic twanger froggie....blooooong...
Josh: I hope the dogs turn on him and eat him for dinner..
Junebugg: i had an ipithiny(spelling)...I have been drinking deluted grapefruit juice for breakfast the past 2-3 weeks and take my meds with them...I wonder if that is why my blood sugar is all over the place?? doh!
cheesemeister: i like your other blog and recommend everyone to go check it out..
hmh: you know that this isn't the first time ...he just got caught...what a putz...
rube:you know you're right...I will try and find out who his sponsers are and will spam mail them to hel and back..

Allan said...

Bong hits for Jesus?

That is stupid.

Everyone knows Jesus used a hookah.