I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Friday, March 09, 2007

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO OUR WORLD??

I have been reading one head line after another and it's like a Stephen King/Dean Koontz horror story...listen up folks...we are a pussy hair away from imploding....Here's some examples..In Dallas, they have a Youth Correction Home that has been in the head lines for about a week. The guards and the people in charge have been sexually assaulting these kids for years, and people that were supposed to be in charge of the people in charge..knew about it and looked the other way...fuckity fuck fuck fuck..
Murder rate increase seen in dozens of cities..The murder rate has jumped by more than 10 percent among dozens of large U.S. cities since 2004, a study shows in the latest sign of the end of a national lull in violent crime.Dallas bucked the homicaide trend with a 24 percent decrease.(Thank the Goddess).Robberies also spiked nationally, as did felony assaults and attacks with guns, according to the report. fuckity fuck fuck fuck...
Man kills dancer, self at topless club in Fort Worth. Double fuck...
Boy 5, wanders from a day care, is hit by truck...The school never called the police until the mother showed up and asked them too...fuckity fuck fuck fuck..
They are killing people by the 100's in Iraq and at least 2-3 a day of our soldiers...Fuck Bush, Fuck Cheney, Fuck em all....
A teenager shot his former girlfriend four times outside her highschool and them killed himself in Midland, Michigan..She is in fair condition...How did this 17 year old get his hands on a gun?....oh yeah, NRA says it's our right to bear arms...fuck them too..
Life in India is so bad for the women that the sex workers are wanting to go legit..Nearly 50,000 sex workers from across India ended a weeklong meeting last Friday with the demand that they be allowed to work legally. Kanti Ganguly, a government minister, said there were no plans to legalize prostitution. But sex workers spokesman Smrajit Jana said, "We believe the policymakers are going to accept sex workers as entertainment workers today or tomorrow."...just how fucking sad is that...I have nothing against prostitutes..but if they had a decent job that would allot them to live a healthy life, they wouldn't have to resort to fucking fat guys to feed their families..fuckity fuck fuck fuck...
In Bridgeport, Conn police said a man repeatedly stabbed his teenage wife, then gave the knife to his toddler son and told him:"Now you stab Mommy."..Fermin Rodriguez,21, aattacked his wife Sunday night after accusing her of cheating on him. The boy didn't stab his mother...
In Erie, Pa, a woman pleaded guilty to swinging her 4-week-old son, like a bat to hit her boyfriend during a fight, fracturing the infant's skull in the process.Chytoria Graham, 27, pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of a child under a plea agreement with prosecutors...Well, fuckme sideways...they should charge her with attempted murder the sleezy bitch...fuckfuckfuck...fuckity...
Then ...then...fuck this makes me insane..then some raving asshole from Bedford, Ind, crashes his airplane into his ex-mother-in-law's house with his 8 year old daughter in the plane with him...Told his wife:"I've got her, and you're not going to get her."....the last thing the mother heard from her daughter was her crying:"Mommy, come get me, come get me."....there is a special place in hell for this sonofabitch...there has to be...What kind of monster would do this?....argh!


Well, I don't want to completely bum you out..so I will close with some good news..especially for Sooner and Tex....

HEY FRIDGE, CAN YOU TOSS ME A COLD BEER?
Raleigh, N. Carolina...When John Cornwell graduated from Duke University last May, he landed a job as software engineer in Atlanta but soon found himself longing for his college lifestyle...(sound familiar you two?)
So he built a contraption to help remind him of campus life:a refrigerator that can toss him a beer.
"I conceived it right after I got out," he said."I missed the college scene. It embodies the college spirit that I didn't want to let go of."(that and the fact he's probably an ole booze hound)
It took him about 150 hours and $400 in parts to modify a mini-fridge common to many college dorm rooms into the beer-tossing machine, which can launch 10 cans of beer before needing a reload.(Figure by then you would have to get up and take a piss and can use that time to reload.....if you will pardon the pun.)
With a click of a remote control fashioned from a car's keyless entry device, a small elevator inside the fridge lifts a can through a hole and loads it into a catapult arm. A second click fires the device, tossing the beer up to 20 feet--"far enought to get to the couch."(beware ...flying beer...'INCOMING'..)
During the development stage, Mr. Cromwell said he dented a few walls and came close to accidentally throwing a can through his television. He's since fine-tuned it.
Is there foam explosion when the can is opened? Not if the recipitent uses "soft hands" to cradle it when caught, Mr. Cornwell said.
A video featuring the device is a site on the Internet, where more than 6000,000 people have watched it at metacafe.com, earning Mr. Cornwell more than (well fuck...I tore this out of the paper and that part is gone, fuck..sorry..anyhow you can check it out for yourself.)
Mr. Cornwell, 22, said he has talked to a brewing company about the machine, but right now only one exists. Asked if he might start building some for sale, he said:"I'm keeping that option open, depending on interest."
Robert Kielb, who teaches mechanical engineering at Duke, recalled when Mr. Cornwell,participated in robic basketball contests, in which students tried to build a robot that could retrieve a pingpong ball and toss it into a small hoop.
"He always did well in it," Dr.Keilb said. "He came up with completely unique ideas."..

I am picturing Sooner and Tex pooling their money so they can invest in this guy and his little beer tossing baby.....Maybe life doesn't suck after all....

12 comments:

mckait said...

Yep.. I had heard most of these things... not the one where the guy tried to get his toddler to stab mommy..
dear and holy gods and goddesses..
I would say that people are becoming like animals.. but I would never insult the animals that way..

Where is this ugliness coming from?
And do we dare to wonder where it is going?
as for the beer tossing fridge...
yikes! and LOL
I saw it on GMA or something

I try so hard to send out only positive energy .. but I admit to having done a piss poor job of it the last couple of months...
Maybe the sunshine will help?

Anyway.. a co-worker loaned me
Oh My Stars by Eliz. Berg.. I have to finish it this weekend... trying to decide if I like it.. to be honest... it is sort of too "girlie" for me..

but we will see..

soak up some of that Texas sunshine for me...would ya?

Ben said...

This is exactly why I quit watching the news.

If you ever need to feel a sense of hope, see if you can catch Utah Phillips on tour. I managed to see him this week. He only makes it to the east coast about once every two years, so it was cool.

He's an old folk singer, hobo, rail rider, pacifist, anarchist, direct action, army deserter, grammy nominee. If that doesn't pique your interest, I'll come up with more adjectives.

texlahoma said...

Thanks for the good news YDG! Sooner and I could use one of those. We were saving up for a Russian bride (We were going to tell her that this was Utah and that it was common to have at least two husbands.) But now maybe we should spend the money on one of these. Hmmm, requires thought, I'll go find someone!

Cyberoutlaw said...

And what's really scary is that this is just a random sampling of the things that have made it into the papers. A lot is kept hush, hush, especially if it occurs in areas where tourism or business will be affected by the publicity. Police stations usually keep a color chart detailing all of the stuff that's going on in a given area. When I saw the one in my old neighborhood my jaw almost hit the floor.

carina said...

At least you added some good news at the end, thank you for that!
You forgot the woman who drove her 13 year old son to fight another 13 year old and egged him on when they fought, it was caught on videotape.
The guy in Midland who shot his girlfriend (thank doG she is OK), that was 50 miles from me.

apositivepessimist said...

Psst do you know whats happened to the blog of our Nancy, JS?

Ol' Lady said...

Stuff like that made me give up watching or reading the news...I prefer to live in my own little world...
The guy with the beer tossin fridge I bet he makes millions :)

yellowdoggranny said...

kath; just when you think you have read everything that is stupid or crazy....some assholes go and up the ante...
ben: I will check him out..I have to read the news and write about it..don't want them assholes thinking no one noticed how insane they are..
tex:I swear, the minute I read that article..I thought of you and sooner....I can see you now in your recliners...'click......click.....
INCOMING...' and the sound of beer hitting a palm...and the sound of a can popping and a big ole...'ahahahahahahahahahahahah'...
althought the russian bride thing is good too..
cyberoutlaw: oh hell, I didn't even add all that I could..I was afraid of including it all and then have brain matter all over the place where your heads explode..
Lavender: the baby is ok..well, as ok as a 5 year old can be that was allowed to wonder off from his day care, get hit by a car and have no one give a fuck..
apos: yeah, I was worried about depressing everyone, but I figure most of you are heavily sedated enough to get through it...plus I did leave it on a high note..
carina: I wondered how close to you and Lauren that shooting was...so sad..
Apos: I don't know what happened to her..I am going to call and see what is up...she got pissed once before and deleted everything..mabye Bruce pissed her off or her kids and she deleted it..will see and if I find out anything I will let you know..
ol lady:I think Sooner and Tex are going to pool their money and buy one...ha..

Nit Wit said...

Now you know why I don't post much. I get to reading all the shit and get too down to type. It’s really starting to affect me. For example when I read about the beer launching machine all I could think of was what I consider its fatal flaw. I mean how many beers can you drink before it starts affecting your hand eye coordination. Beer tab imprint on the forehead.
This is the paradise the NEOCONS have been working for.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

I hope that baby has been removed from the home. In my community there was a situation where people, including relatives, kept reporting the abuse and neglect of this baby and nothing was done till the poor tyke ended up dead with nearly every bone in his body broken. On the other hand the social worker was there toot sweet at my door when this vindictive cunt I used to be friends with reported that I "might be sexually abusing my son." Can you get more evil? I guess I'm glad they looked into it but it was all I could do not to end up in jail for justly kicking the bitch's ass from here to kingdom come.

yellowdoggranny said...

I imagine everyone thinks I have lost my mind with the comment to Jim as his comment has been deleted...but in case he was reading..I wanted him to know what a jackass I thought he was...

Cheesemeister: yeah, the baby has been taken from the home...although as shitty as our foster care system in Texas is..not sure how safe he would be in a foster home...Texas admistration (good hair Perry) could give a shit about the kids of texas..as they have proven over and over again..

yellowdoggranny said...

donna: welcome back ...good to hear from you again....