I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, April 30, 2007

.......#1,000.......

Yup! This is my 1,00th post..Holy Shit, who wouldathunkit..I was going to do something profound, but I couldn't think of anything profound..so decided to do a Jackisue post..First of all Jackiesue did some yard work, and cleaned the house. I moved my gigantic tomato plants off the porch to the sidewalk so they would get more direct sun..they both are huge but so far..no 'maters...
Jackiesue went to the library this afternoon and worked from 3-7pm..It rained huge gifrantic rain drops..I had a great time showing a little girl in the second grade a bunch of new books to read..I convinced her to check out Black Beauty..and her little sister got a book on ballerina's..Found a book at the Waco Library about managing campgrounds for a patron..and shelved a bunch of books..Went home and my granddaughter Jenny came over for dinner..I made chicken fried steak, baked potatoes, gazpacho, and garlic bread..It was really good...nice to have meat instead of chicken and turkey for a change..Then she read my post on the movie The Thing From Outer Space..she thought it was pretty funny...and when I tried to explain to her the Ask the Goddess, I got a lot of eye rolling and head shaking..Then we sat down and went through 3 of the latest albums I had just put together...she would look at pictures of me where I was under 25 years old and weighed less than 100lbs..and then look at me now..and shake her head and roll her eyes..ha..she does that alot..We had a terrific time..she graduates from dental tech school this August and I am so proud of her..Jamie and her boyfriend Harrison are both working at M&M Mars in Waco...They will be making pretty good money, but I am still hoping that Jamie will be going back to school...Jenny will probably be going to Temple for her first job as there is not a bunch of work for her in Waco....but Temple is only 30-40 minutes away so that's ok...
The other great thing that happened today is I checked out 9 new books..by two authors..Daniel Silva and Bentley Little..
Hmmm, what else..oh yeah....Sooner's home town got hit by a bolt of lightning and blew up 2 80,000 gallon oil tanks...check out his blog for the visuals..
Well...that's all folks..pretty boring for my 1,00 post...but I think I may be burnt out..I looked back and some of my posts and half of the people that read me and I read them..are not even blogging any more..and the ones that are left..have slowed down on their posting and reading of my blog...I think lots of people are finding a life outside of the blogging world..and maybe I am too...I know that something I used to love to do..is starting to be like a job..I think the Goddess is going to take a extended vacation ..or maybe go back to Valhalla and shoot some pool, drink some beer and raise some hell in Hel...and maybe Jackiesue is going to take a vacation for a while too..Who knows..I may be back tomorrow with a vengence..and maybe not..only the Shadow knows for sure...

12 comments:

Heidi said...

Grannie, congratulations on your 1,000 post!

I hope you'll keep blogging away. YOU ROCK! I LOVE your blog!

Nit Wit said...

That's an Udderly terrible thought. How can I survive without my Jackiesue fix! I could always go do more workouts on the web but my eyes are already getting weaker and a lot of the pictures just make me feel old.
I got the package and The Boss made me open it in front of her. She is still very confused. She couldn't figure out what I was laughing at.

Nit Wit said...

WOW 1000 and I have read all of them.
I know what you mean about burnout though. My trouble is that I have five or six planned blogs I'm working on and after a while I lose intrest in the subject and come up with 10 other subjects. Can't seem to finish anyth

yellowdoggranny said...

HMHH: thanks..it was fun..most of it..I probably wont stop completely..but I think I might slow down..
Nitwit:I cracked up when I read that..It is a balm for the teets of cows which get chapped and bleed during the winter months..everyone I have ever talked to about this..says it is the best thing for people that have dry skin, rashes and cracked skin..that it is the very best..I hope it works for you...but like I said..if it don't work..you can use it on the misses...she will probably like it..
what did she think I was sending??
or do I want to know..hope she doesn't think there is hanky panky going on..let her know that I'm 63 and havent had sex in 22 years and not looking to break my record..but I suppose if you really wanted to get a rise out of her you could tell her I'm 36 and a nympomaniac on the prowl for some yankee men..then she will come to texas and shove that bag balm where the sun down shine..hahah
have you really read all of them?..nah, no way..I don't think I have read all of them, and I wrote them..ha

Unknown said...

I want you to know that I haven't stopped blogging and I damn sure ain't gave up on you. I've just got rail roaded at the hospital

Big Pissy said...

I don't have anywhere near 1000 posts....that's so impressive!

You should only keep blogging if it's fun to you...if it gets to be too much like work~stop for at least awhile. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, that is quite an accomplishment.

I really get upset when someone whose blog I enjoy reading just goes away without saying anything. You don't know where to send the flowers. So don't go away.

Allan said...

Congrats , JS! Happy 1000th!

You are one of my longest-running blog buddies that is still here and one of my all-time fave blogs... almost all my original gang are gone *sigh* . I feel like quitting sometimes, but then something always happens...
Keep in touch if ya drop out Blooger!

Josh said...

Hot diggity damn, that's quite an achievement. I've only a couple hundred to go before I'm there...

I think overall it's good to have a life away from the computer; I'm attempting to have one myself. Times change, and people change... some stop blogging and others start... I try to go with the flow as best I can, while not leaving friends in the dust. As with all things, it seems to be a balancing act.

apositivepessimist said...

Woot on yer 1000th.

I'd blow up some party balloons, add streamers and bake yer a cake but...

yellowdoggranny said...

junebugg:i know you have more than your hands full..don't worry about blogs or bloggin, you just take care of sweet thang..
big pissy: i figure i will bitch for a while and then come back stronger than ever..which is what i have done.haha
jan:yup, I really miss them when they stop posting..i miss briteyellowgun...a lot..
allan:you are such a sweety..you are the first on my alphabetical list of blogs so i go to you first thing each day...and wouldn't have it any other way...
josh: I don't know who i was trying to fool..even with all my new little old lady neighbors i still have more than enough time to blog..just get tired of listening to me bitch about bush..
apos; we are counting down till you are going to be 'one of us'..come on down....

Sebastien Millon said...

1ooo post! Wow... congrats... I understand what you are saying about blogger burnout. I don't know how some people manage to keep up a blog, it really does get to be somewhat like a job at times, that's when I take a break from it, because blogging should never be like a job unless it is your job I guess.