I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, October 29, 2007

DAM NEWS AND LIFE IN WEST.......







I haven't been around much lately...Babs came down for the weekend..and is staying till Tuesday morning...all we did this weekend was eat, watch TV and uh...sleep...Today is my final day as the fill in Librarian..I will go in on a volunteer basis and will host the Halloween party but my days as the go to Granny are over...Will miss it..but know it was just a matter of time before I went off on someone..or slipped and said something a lot worse then 'smart ass'....Plus Nancy will do a good job and I don't mind going up there and helping her out..Plus there are plenty of things for me to do around here..let things slide while filling in up there..need to do laundry, go back to the House of Satan and get them to redo my glasses..I tried..but that damn line is just to far down and it's driving me nuts..
My Aunt Leola called me..they are going to have the family reunion on Nov. 11th... want to go and got a phone call from one of my cousins last night and he wanted to make sure I was going..He lives in Arkansas and said he wasn't going to drive all that way if I wasn't going to be there..So now I need to call some of my other cousins and see if they are going...we are all so anti-social..we want to see each other but none of us want to get out of the house to do it..
I took some pumpkins up to the library and had the Builders Club kids carve them..and let me tell you..those are 2 of the uglies pumpkins you have ever seen..will have to take some pictures..I have one more but I want to carve it ..I love carving pumpkins..I want to do one so that it looks like it is throwing up it's guts..with the innards hanging out of its mouth.
These are some bits that I found interesting from the Dallas Morning News...
"It depends on how it's done.It depends on the circumstances.It depends on who does it."Rudy Giuliani, GOP presidential candidate,on whether waterboarding constitutes torture..
I bet if I grabbed his bald headed Yankee ass and tossed him in a tub full of water and sat my fat ass on his head for 4-5 minutes, he'd know right off the bat it was torture..Stupid asshole..We do torturing...and it will come back on us as they will do that and worse to our soldiers..
Thousands of protesters call for Iraq war's end..
Thousands of people called for a swift end to the war in Iraq as they marched downtown Saturday, chanting and carrying signs that read:"Wall Street Gets Rich, Iraqis and GI's die."and Drop Tuition Not Bombs." The protest was the largest in a series taking place in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and other U.S.
cities, organizers said.Organizers of the event estimated 30,000 people participated in San Francisco.
Personally I think we all should just make our own sign...NO MORE WAR.. and carry it where ever we go...like part of your apparel...hat coat, sign...yup..I'm ready..
NASA TO SEARCH ARACHIVES FOR 1965 UFO INCIDENT
NASA has agreed to search it's archives once again for documents on a 1965 UFO incident in Pennsylvania, a step the space agency fought in federal court. The government has refused to open its files about what, if anything, moved across the sky and crashed in the woods near Kecksburg, Pa., 40 miles southeast of Pittsburgh.The Air Force's explanation for the unidentified flying object; a meteor or meteors.
Uh....yeah..that's the ticket..
Chertoff Blasts Fake Press Event...
I'm sure you all have read or heard about this already...where this schmuck from FEMA gave a press conference to:FEMA employees acting as reporters...The agency arranged to have FEMA employees play the part of reporters at the event Tuesday and question Vice Adm.Harvey Johnson, the deputy director.
"I think it was one of the dumbest and most inappropriate things I've seen since I've been in government," Michael Chertoff said Saturday...(Can't be any dumber than any one of the speeches that Bush gives on any day of the week...'doing a good job brownie.'and 'children's are learning.'
That's what you get when you hire your buddies to do a job they are not qualified for ..dip shits.
I mentioned to Babs today that it's been a long long time since I have done one of my Bush Bashing rants...or republicans in general..so all I have to do is wait for one of them to fuck up..and I'm on his ass like a duck on a junebug.
Until then...I'm going to be at the House of Satan kicking some ass...

5 comments:

BBC said...

Cute graphic

Happy ranting

texlahoma said...

I agree whole heartedly with the torture thing!
I bet they will blame the 1965 UFO on Iran.

Nit Wit said...

All you have to do is check into what the Gump or his people are doing and you'll have a good old rant.
The thing I find strange about FEMA and the things Michael Chertoff says about their preformance. FEMA used to be a cabinet post until Homeland Security was created. That's when FEMA (who a lot of people said was too powerfull) became a department under Homeland Security. My question is whay does this dickweed Chertoff still have a job after New Orenliens and all the other disasters that have happened in the last few years?
He's another Bush crony, but one with more of a hold over The Gump.

You want to know what I really worry about with NASA? Do a search of NASA air safty survey.
I think I'll walk from now on.

yellowdoggranny said...

BBC:ranting does make me happy!
Tex:at least they didn't say it was a weather balloon...
nitwit:yup..he has pictures of bush with young boys and a goat..the goat was just watchin'
NASA is scary..Im surprised there aren't more deaths' then there are..not just in air..but when they come crashing out of space and land on earth...maybe they could land on the white house...yah....that's the ticket..

the rube said...

just think if all the money spent on wars went into libraries. shit, the libraries could pay people to read.

maybe people would be a little smarter i they read a little more.