I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Friday, October 03, 2008

IT'S OFFICIAL..I HAVE THE CRUD

Finally broke down and went to see Dr. E yesterday...He informed me if I had come in the Monday after I got sick I would be well by now...as it is, it's now two weeks of hacking, sneezing, wheezing and just basically spewing up crap. He said I have a infection and gave me a script along with a lecture about not taking better care of myself, being a diabetic means you get sick easier and harder to get rid of ....yadda yadda..blah blah blah...fuck...So I went to House of Satan and got my scripts filled, got some fish, a bag of baked chips, a huge jar of black bean/corn salsa and gas(was $3.16 a gallon).Came back home made me a huge bowl of hot and sour soup, hot tea(sweat that crap out of me) and prepared myself for the debate..Took all my meds including an extra diabetes pill so I could have chips and sat down in the recliner and fell asleep with my chin in the bowl of salsa 10 minutes into the debate.

Woke up in time to hear the pundits saying she did better than they expected, but that Biden won it...said fuck it..went to bed and slept till 10am this morning...Feeling better, but still not over the hump..But Tom let me take today off too so I have today and the weekend to get better. Annie is getting way to used to having me home all the time now and was really pissy with me the 2 days of work that I did make this week. She thinks I should stay home all the time..She has 7 toy mice in the middle of the floor and will bring them to me off and so that I will play with her. They're so real looking, it looks like a zombie mouse cemetery. Since I'm still not 100% I'm going to make this short, just wanted you to know that I'm still in the land of the living and didn't go with the Goddess to Valhalla.

I will try and post some stumble upons and drop by and say howdy..but if you don't hear from me....I'm recoupin'...

fuckme I'll never debate again.

19 comments:

Willym said...

damn wish I had sent you this wonder cough syrup shit that my colleague gave me. Knocked the crud right out of me... got a feeling it would be illegl in the States but then what isn't????

And I agree with your doctor - take care of yourself!!! And whatever you're on - the mice thing ... drug induced hallucinations!!!!!!!!

sageweb said...

Oh get better soon. Being sick is sucky.

billy pilgrim said...

watching the cowboys knock the shit of the bengals should make you feel better.

will ocho cinco kiss the star?

TheWayfarer said...

Billy, that was beautiful...LMAO!

That sucks, YG, but ya only got one you. And we'd all be in deep shit w/o our favorite Emissary.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

I hope you feel better.
The zombie mouse cemetery is giving me ideas for a mini-story!

rosemary said...

I'm sick too....and no flu shot yet. I have asthma. crap

Jan said...

From my experience doctors just give you meds to take while your body heals itself so they can charge an office visit. I've never been cured by a doctor.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, sorry about the crud. Get well!

rainywalker said...

In Valhalla they have Resurrection cake with whiskey sauce. Being a mortal I have to settle for dry brown bread and a little bowl of warm grog. My Scottish ancesters are always whispering in my ear that one day I will get the real thing........

Rainwolf said...

Feel better soon.

LostInColor said...

Glad you FINALLY went to the dr. Hope you feel better soon.

yellowdoggranny said...

thank you so much everyone for the get well wishes...it means so much to me..think all this cough syrup is making me maudling..I think Willym may be right...starting to hallucinate.. them mice are starting to dance the mashed potato.

Nan said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

I skipped watching the 'debate.' I knew Palin would just puke back canned answers -- the only reason for watching would have been in the hope she'd screw up big time, and after a month's rehearsal time that was unlikely to happen. It is a sad commentary on this country, though, when a candidate for office is considered to have "succeeded" in a debate simply by failing to fuck up in a dramatic fashion.

Green tea said...

Hope your perkin by now..
Lots of Green tea Lady..

Allan said...

Rest up and get well!

Heidi said...

Sorry to hear you're still not up to snuff. Get well soon!

And yes, Joe Biden, totally kicked ass. There was a moment where he choked up as he talked about his wife and daughter and son in Iraq after Sarah the-bitch-in-lipstick went on and on like she was the only one with a family or family problems. It was the best, most genuine moment of the whole debate. I LOVE JOE BIDEN, and he will be an swesome VP next January!

The no-nothing/want-to-learn-nothing bitch did do better than expected, but that's only because she regurgitated all the rehearsed lines that were spoon fed to her prior to the debate. She didn't answer the questions that were aksed and even said she wasn't going to. Bascially, she set her own agenda and talked about what she wanted to. No surprise. I'd rather have Dick Cheney four another four years than this dangerous woman. I sure hope the voters see the light next month. NO PALIN!

Heidi said...

Gee, I look like I have Palin's IQ.

I meant "for", not "four".

I'd rather have Dick Cheney FOR another four years than this dangerous woman"!

Rox said...

I'm with that rude girl, Biden made me misty. Palin is a disgusting woman because she is so outrageously stupid and she just thinks she can tapdance her way to the top. What a flathead!

Feel better Jackiesue!

mckait said...

I just posted at my book site how I believed in the healing properties of hot and sour soup. I do!

When you said you got gas, I thought it was from the bean dip, not gasoline.. lol..

hope you are feeling better..
take care...

kath