I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, October 10, 2011

WEST, BY GODDESS, TEXAS NEWS


The guy second from right is Ray Snokhous and he received the commemorative Medal Of Saint Agnes of Bohemia during a ceremony in the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Washington, D.C.
Snokhous, who serves as the Honorary Consul General of the Czech Republic for Texas, was among three men receiving this special award of the Czech Archdiocese on September 25, 2011.
The day began with Solemn Mass celebrating the 170th birthday of composer Antonin Dvorak and the 200th anniversary of the year of Saint John Nepomucene Neumann's birth.
The West resident received the medal for his "ardent involvement promoting Czech heritage and culture in the United States and monetary support of the renovation of several village churches in the Czech Republic." pretty fantastic.

























The lovely ladies are the West High School Homecoming Queen nominees and West High School Homecoming Princess's and Duchess's. The dudes are nominees for Homecoming Kings.

Mr. and Mrs. Henry Pustejovsky celebrated their 65 wedding anniversary. Wow. Mr. and Mrs. Roy Hutyra celebrated their 50th Anniversary.

Lauren Watson is engaged to Scott Hayley. They will be married at the Harbor Resort on Possum Kingdom Lake.
Amanda Kubala is engaged to Brandon Rigney and will be married at St. Louis Catholic Church in Waco.
Emily Joyce Kilian is engaged to Ernest Kolar Jr., They will be married on Nov. 5th in Medford Oklahoma.
We have a ton of family reunions. The Urban family will have theirs on Oct. 15 at Cottonwood Hall. All descendants of John, Peter and Karl Urban, Annie Vavra and Rosie Glass are invited.
the Holacka family will be held on Oct. 16th at SPJSTC Lodge #6 in Cottonwood.
Ethan George Nazari celebrated his 1st birthday with a pool party. Edward Nors just turned 50..Happy birthday Ed.
We lost 6...from 8 months to 87 years.
We have some great houses and land for sale and mark down prices.
3/2 for $188,000 and here's a great one with a pond on it..3/1 with pond and trees for $80,000
all this and Kolaches too.
and the most important thing? We got rain...I think...4 inches. and the temps will be in the 80's for a week and maybe a shot at some more rain later on in the week.
I'm going to have a Halloween Party at WRH on the 20th. I need some ideas for sandwiches. I will cut them out with Halloween cookie cutters...but not sure what would be a good idea. They liked the ham salad sandwiches I made for the tea party, but would like to do something different. It will soon be 2 years I have been doing this..Need K. to see if she can figure out exactly when that will be and maybe have an anniversary party. Think it was in March. Maybe i should check my blog..duh!..
As long as I wear my nursing home support stockings my Frodo Foot stays down. But any standing on it makes it swell again..feck!...I go see the urologist the 18th..couldn't change it.
Ok..that's it..see ya Wed.

6 comments:

MarkD60 said...

Nice informative post. Cool pics from the newspaper!
(The pics will last longer here than the clippings will)

Hope your leg gets better.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Almost all the Family Names, I remember. :0)
Hutyra was my ex SIL's married name.
Have one niece living in West.
Good looking youths coming up ....must be the AIR in that town. ;0)

Grandma K said...

Your news sounds like the news from our Little Town. I agree - some good looking kiddos!

See you here on Wednesday.

Intense Guy said...

I'd vote for any of those lovelies for Homecoming Queen!

Wow... never ceases to amaze me how nice they grow in West, TX.

Nit Wit said...

I don't think that real estate company sent me the listings you posted. I get about 5 or 6 a week with pictures in my E-mail. I'd like to have a pond but I bet it was just a hole for most of this summer. :P

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like your idea for the Halloween sandwiches -- use something soft that's easy to cut, like egg salad. Tell them it's chopped up eyeballs or something -- no, that's too gross.