I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

MERRY FECKING CHRISTMAS TINY TIM

OK, the latest on the home front..first of all..I have thanked everyone(I hope) that sent money to the adopt an oldie campaign except Bridget...so ..thanks..and you bought 3 $10 gift certificates to Food Mart Grocery for some really nice people(at the Senior Center) who were very grateful and wished you were here so they could hug you..One couple has a grandson who married a Canadian and lives outside Ontario and they loved Canadians before but now they really love them, when I told them how many of my Canaderian friends send money and goodies..They don't know why you all did what you did, but they love you for doing it.I told them the love came from all over...and they were so grateful and thankful..
Now to tell you why the campaign to adopt an oldie at the rest home got the ca-batch put on it..By my going on Facebook and asking for help so that I could give each and everyone of the residents a present to them from Santa seemed like a plea for funds as if they needed money and couldn't do it themselves. So they wouldn't let me do it..and for good measure, fired me from my volunteer job..which when you think about it is pretty damn funny..Only I could get fired from a volunteer job. (think what really pissed me off, was it was done second hand, no one had the respect for what I have done over the years to at least do it face to face and tell me why)So after a little 'bad reviews from other people besides me' they said to take everything and split it between them, the assisted living place and the Senior Center..well I figured if the people at assisted living could pay what they do to live there, they didn't need me buying them socks or gloves. So I gave most of it to the Senior Center. Now let me get this out here really fast..no town takes care of their oldies better than West. I'd say 99 percent of everyone that needs help  gets some sort of assistance from their family or the  city and the churches. But some of them just slip through the cracks..pride, lack of family, or family that are in no position to help..so I don't want anyone in West taking offense to my offer to help. They are a tad touchy..but thank the Goddess for L. at the  Senior Center..she said she didn't care how or who or why anyone wanted to help...she would take it for the people that come up there for their noon meal, and get meals on wheels. Se said refusing to take anything for the residents because they could do it themselves, was like her refusing money because they had money in the bank..I so love her. So I took those great blanket throws, socks, gloves, handkerchiefs, wonderful flashlights from Kathleen (we loose power a lot when we get storms and the LED flashlights she send were more than well received..) plus a lot of them need that extra light to get to the bathroom or kitchen during the night..candy, bath washes,  etc. and handed them out..gave the gift certificates out to just the right people too(I found out later)L. is great on hugs..I think I got a hug from her for every person that sent something..I also took some of the money and went to thrift shop(where she charged me half price) and got some sweaters, and blankets and jackets. I took some of my money and went to $stores and got some knit caps and gloves too. and let me tell you $General has these $3.75  aloe infused socks that are fantastic..I bought 2 pair my own-self..and wear them all the time at home. When people thanked me I said it wasn't from me, it was from my friends..I'm thinking of starting a non profit organization and call it FRIENDS OF JACKIE ORGANIZATION. But don't really know how to go about it and not sure how it would fly. .......any how..that's the latest news on that front.
I am heartbroken about my ouster from volunteering from the rest home, but ..shit happens..they have to do what they feel like they have to do..and I refuse to make a stink(I've had to ask people to please not say anything to them) because  J. and her mom still work there and don't want to cause them any trouble..Plus I watch Abby 4 days a week and that doesn't give me a lot of free time..I might do some volunteering with meals on wheels on Friday and help up at the Senior Center. But I feel bad for the residents who don't know why I'm not there and are not happy about it. I wish I could quote one of my favorite residents and what she had to say about them..But can't..but made me burst out laughing and then made me weep..

sooo enough of that..it's done..it's over..

and now ? I get to show you my new hair cut..(thanks Kathleen, I finally got my hair cut) hair color and new glasses(no cost to me at $182)will include picture. It looks much better when I actually comb it..but tada..there I am..not bad for a 69 year old broad.


well have to run...have finished over 100 chocolate chocolate chocolate cake balls today , have to make 2 pecan pies and go by Gerik's Bakery and pick up my Christmas surprise from Jeanne..I took her a pecan pie last night...no one ever bakes for her cause she's the best baker in town but I am so sure of the greatness of my pecan pie that I am not afraid to bake her one. So far I have made about 700 cake balls, 5 pecan pies(one to go), 7 pumpkin cheesecakes, and one large batch of chocolate chip cookies. I'm going to my sons house for Christmas eve and will make some home made cracker jacks, whole wheat bread, french bread, home made marshmallows and (if I can find time) home made cocoa..or might make s'mores instead...plus on Christmas day Inky has to work at Wolf's so Anissa is taking Christmas dinner to him and anyone that wants to show up..I'm making red potatoes, with onion and fresh rosemary and garlic and some sort of dessert, haven't decided yet...
much love to you and Goddess bless you one and all.........

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me just say this about you being ousted...that is fucking horseshit! They can't fire you from volunteering! WTF?! You just keep being you and keep spreading your joy and your heart and the haters, well they can hate all they want. That just steams my clams...

In true Jackie Sue style, you're bouncing right on back and that's why I love you! I hope you have a Merry HoHo and all that stuff and love on your family. May 2013 bring more awesome things your way! XOXOXOXOX

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Shit happens for a reason and it all works out in the long run. Angels work in mysterious ways m/f.

Merry Christmas. (((hugs)))Pat

Ol'Buzzard said...

Don't feel bad about the firing. Years ago I was diving (volunteering) for the Clay County Sheriff's Department in Florida retrieving dead bodies and evidence - and was fired because I refused to shave my beard.

the Ol'Buzzard

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sonovabitch! I'm sorry to hear about your ouster from the West Rest Haven. That certainly didn't end the way we all wanted it to! But your enthusiasm and heart were in the right place, YDG. They are losing a dedicated volunteer in you. But I'm glad you were able to spread the Christmas cheer at the Seniors' Centre instead. You've helped make a bright spot in many people's Christmas this year.

TheWayfarer said...

What heartinhand thay!
Ditto.

MarkD60 said...

You'll be back. The residents will get you to return.

Nan said...

Well, that certainly sucks. Obviously, the Grinch is working in management at West Rest Haven.

jadedj said...

You are a good person, YDG...and don't let a gaggle of ass wipes tell you otherwise.

Hope you have a great 2013...but then how could you not with that spiffy new hair do and four eyes!

Intense Guy said...

I agree with FoxyMoron... You are awesome.

And I'm sure the folks at the rest home are already sorely missing you. Management types... shakes my head in disgust...