I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Mardi Gras...Jackie's Kitchen at Quality Care

 Two of my old helpers Helen Z and Teresa H. new helper Claudia..they were so much help..they did all the veggie cutting..saved me so much time. a 28 quart roaster full of jambalaya..6 pounds of sausage 6 pounds of chicken thighs, and all the fixings with 2 pounds of rice..3 loaves of french bread with home made garlic herb butter and 98 chocolate chocolate chocolate cake balls..not one iota left.. these are pictures of me telling them how to make cake balls..only place I had to do any of the cooking was in the employees break room..they were not happy I can commandeered their room. Don't blame them..so I bribed them with cake balls..
We didn't get any pictures during the party because we were so damn busy. But they had a great time and thought it was so great that we did it for them..I had a wonderful time but wore my old ass out..
 Theresa on far left and Claudia on right.
left to right..Claudia, Teresa and Helen. Teresa is the one that wanted a Barbie doll for Christmas and I got her one along with some dresses for it.Front and center? My Dr Pepper...

6 comments:

Fundy Blue said...

That's a lot of cooking! You deserve a bit of time with your feet up!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Holy moly, YDG, I didn't know you revived Jackie's Kitchen at the new facility! Glad to hear it went so well. I'm sure everyone enjoyed that terrific meal!

yellowdoggranny said...

We always had so much fun for Mardi Gras and was not going to miss doing it again..3 in a row..still working on doing Canaderian Day too.

jan said...

That is a lot of preparation work. Glad you had good helpers.

Anonymous said...

Jackie's kitchen is back?! Wooooohooo!!!!

Intense Guy said...

Even in the photos - the food looks yummy!