I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

count down to Friday Christmas party for meals on wheels..

I will probably not have a Friday post..we(me an a
I probably won't put up a Friday's post as Thursday  I will start cooking and baking for the Friday Christmas party for meals on wheels ..we have 2 turkeys, 2 hams, green bean casserole(my first attempt) sweet potatoes with brown sugar, mashed potatoes and gravy with pumpkin pies, pecan pies, and cherry cheesecakes. I know one thing. This will be the last time I will do this. Unless  my leg problem gets fixed. I hope I get enough help ..do as much as we can Thursday and then get to center around 5 or 6 to get the turkey dinners out to peeps on the route and then feed the ones that come to the center. Then I'm not doing a mother fucking thing till Jan 3rd.














































                                                                             me






















 

9 comments:

Valerie said...

Goddess bless you, Jackie Sue! I hope you have a great time at the Christmas party.

pam nash said...

Good ones all but I have to say the snow, Texas, HEB made me laugh out loud. Soooo true!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I know everything you'll make for the Meals on Wheels Christmas Party will be delicious. I hope you get lots of help so you don't end up too tired and worn out by the effort. You really do go above and beyond for your oldies, Jackiesue!

Nan said...

Hope you get the help you need. One of the drawbacks of being a really great volunteer is other people start thinking you can do it all alone.

JustGail said...

I hope you get help for the big meal. And that your leg gets fixed, whether or not you continue with this. Tis literally a royal pain literally standing in the kitchen cooking on a bad leg. I'm pondering what I can do to make it less painful myself. Sitting at the table to do some prep means the work is too high and the wrist and shoulder pays the price.

Thanks for the funnies, and the not-so funnies today.

yellowdoggranny said...

valerie...I'm looking forward to and dreading the party..if it wasn't for the bum leg I'd be just be looking forward to it..ha
Pam, yeah, made me laugh too.
debra, I couldnt do t with out you, Gary, Susan, the Talbert's and other friends. I'm just the middle man.
Nan, everyone I've asked has ' a prior engagement.'
gail, I;ll just shuffle thru it and then not doing jackshit till next christmas.

Tundra Bunny said...

Another great line-up of LOLs, YDG. Good luck with your Meals On Wheels event -- having a special dinner is such a high-point for so many people who otherwise go without good food or companionship, especially at this time of year! Merry Christmas to you and best wishes for 2022!

yellowdoggranny said...

Tundra I feel good about the meals going out on the route..makes me happy.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Have a good holiday. You are deserving.
the Ol'Buzzard