I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, March 07, 2022

The adventures of GG and the little G's

                                                    except his little gg  stayed home with new doggie.

so both the girls came home with me and I told them. We're cleaning up the gg room.. donating and giving all the stuff you have outgrown and don't play with any more. We started it Sunday morning and by 4 pm. we were still going at it. We had 3 piles, keep, donate and gar-barg..So the girls let me know that there was nothing to drink in the house, they were dying of thirst and for God's sake take us to get something to drink. So I took them to Family Dollar for drinks and came out $40 poorer. I was going to take them home and fix a very late lunch and thought, they've worked hard, I'll take them for lunch. So instead of taking them to Pizza House of West I took them to Tipsy Lion which is a restaurant bar. It's upscale for West. Lovely bar with huge tv's every where. Abby was immediately enthralled and wanted to sit at the bar which is a vey long and beautiful bar with huge tvs over head so you can watch all the sports games on it. Races, soccer and one which was right across from us had music videos on. So we ordered, Abby had hamburger and curly fries, Olivia had cheese quesadillas with curly fries and I had cheese and broccoli soup which was delicious.  The bartender made them Shirley Temples and Abby was convinced there was booze in it and was acting tipsy...Olivia is 10 going on 28 and was completely 'above that. So I'm sort of checking the place out and all of a sudden I hear a collective 'gasp' and I look up and on a 60 plus size tv screen is a prison yard full of about 20 nekkid black men. The parts were blurred out but they were dancing and prancing and flashing their nekkid butts all over the tv. Did I mention it was over 60inches? I'm freaking out and trying to spin their chairs around cover their eyes and cop a look myownself. Abby had pulled her Poison ball cap down over her eyes, Olivia had hands over her face and was peeking thru her fingers. I'm telling them 'don't tell your mothers this happened, don't tell your mothers.'...So after the nekkid prisoners' fiasco we just sat, ate our lunch and watched music videos. Olivia is just an observer and Abby's sitting on her knees on the bar stool jamming to the music(she's got some moves...Olivia dances like a white girl) Abby's trying to convince me and the bartender that it would be cool if she had some vodka and if not vodka at least let her have a beer.  I told her I wanted the length of a cemetery between me and her when she turns 21. The GG room looks fantastic. 
                                                they think Jimmy Dean is Elvis.
                                    sitting where the tv will go.
all their dress up stuff, hats masks etc. tea set with all their cocktail glasses and their own dishes, etc.

so one adventure down and many more to come...


8 comments:

Nan said...

Think it's clear which family member Abby takes after. Is it kind of spooky seeing yourself reincarnated when you're not dead yet?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The girls worked hard and it was nice you gave them a special treat for doing so. But those nekkid butts, oh my!

carolyn said...

You are the best. I think you and I would be good friends if I didn't live in Montana and you in Texas. Both red states, sadly.

yellowdoggranny said...

nan..she is my mini me....we are making home made pizza now.
debra, it was a break for me too...cause I always have to cook 3 meals as no one eats the same thing. Im going to have nightmares about that video.
Carolyn Im sure we would. and would be fun.

Anne Johnson said...

I remember feeling like a grown up sitting at a fancy bar at about their age. Too bad the Boys weren't on. But then of course the place would have been packed.

yellowdoggranny said...

I was 23 before I ever sat at the bar Anne..hah..they could careless about football.

pam nash said...

Just make sure they know the rule - What Happens at Grandma's House (or wherever Grandma and Gs are) Stays At Grandma's House.

yellowdoggranny said...

I have a sign that says what happens at gg's stays at gg's Pam.