I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CANADERIAN PARTY PICTURES

 Bonnie, proudly wearing her RCMP t-shirt, that she received from her 2 boyfriends Will and Laurent.


 I meant to bring my flag pole to put the flag on but this was the best I could do. Which is ok, cause it's on the pole on my front porch now..and been flying there since Canada Day.

 Me and Louis..they so enjoyed looking at all the postcards from everywhere. The guy below is a newbie  and he was so impressed that we received  pictures from the Arctic from Canadian Air Force.



 The lovely Lisa.

 I put all the larger flags on their wheel chairs but Jackie wanted to hold her so she could wave it.


 Louis won the Canada hat and was very pleased with it.

 The new guy won the first drawing of the key chains and he took the bear one. I think he's going to be one of our regulars.


 he also enjoyed the map which showed where all the post cards came from I had a big Canaderian map that Rox had sent me and I marked all the places that we got cards from .. Only 2 providence's 

didn't send cards.

Jackie won the polar bear.




 I wish I could remember this lady's name, she won the little beaver and she's just sooo sweet.




 Let me tell you the deserts were a huge hit. Thanks so much to Will and Laurent for sending the cookies shaped like maple leaves. They rocked. The Nanaimo's were loved..I am still working on how to pronounce them. Tomorrow I am giving Kathy the addresses to all the ones that sent packages so should be hearing from us soon. I wish I could thank each and everyone of you for the post cards..you are all in my heart..the best friends ever.


11 comments:

Rox said...

This is my most favorite post you've ever written! I'm so glad to have been able to play a small part in your Canerdia day celebration!!
I've got tears drying on my cheeks! Love this and love you for all that you do!
Rox

Rox said...

Oh and it's NAH-NYE-MO! And they're zdelicious!

FoxyMoron said...

Lovely photos, thank you.
You do realise that none of us will ever say "Canadian" again don't you? Forever more we will always say "Canaderian". :)Love it!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I was wondering about your reference to "maple cookies" in a previous post . . . so now I know! Will and Laurent sent you Paulins Maple Leaf cookies! When I was a little girl, my grandma always had a bag of those in her cupboard. I think of her every time I eat one, even now, 50 years later.

Great photos -- looks like a fabulous party! I'm so glad everyone had fun and got door prizes too! Louis rocks that baseball cap!

Mr. Charleston said...

Tis a great thing you do there Granny. Bless you.

Nan said...

That is so cool. People sent some great swag.

Vicki said...

Wonderful and thanks for sharing the fun!!

Grandma K said...

I am thrilled that so many of the folks looked happy. That is a rare thing in the "homes."
Thanks for bringing them happiness.

Grandma K said...

I am thrilled that so many of the folks looked happy. That is a rare thing in the "homes."
Thanks for bringing them happiness.

Willym said...

Big hugs to our girl Bonnie and it was wonderful seeing all those great people smiling!

Tell them a big Hi EH! from their Canaderian friends. Next year we'll try and make it in person!

Intense Guy said...

You brought a lot of smiles to some folks with the big red maple leaf!

Goes off singing "Two beavers are better than one!" (Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hqklWJxUTo)