I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, December 05, 2012

UP AND AT EM..IT'S WEDNESDAY.........

 I haven't been to a funeral since 1984-85..I'll go to the viewing, visit with friends family and go home, but I don't go to funerals..Thursday I'm going to a funeral of Ricky Maler..a cousin by marriage a friend by choice. Everyone loved Ricky...how could you not..He protected all us drunks like he was getting paid for it..But he did it because he loved us..All us goofy girls, raising hell and knowing we were safe cause Ricky was there..and though he loved us as big sisters, or little sisters or just because we were his friend...his heart always belonged to Sara. She held it in her hands and loved the fact that her sweetheart of a husband took care of his friends. He loved his children and was immensely proud of them. They were all in sports and he was so proud of all they accomplished. When they made him a granpa he reveled in it and they all adored him. While I visited him in the hospital I saw a home made card one of the grandkids had made for him..it said I will love you to the moon and back...me too...Ricky was 54 years old..He went in the hospital with stomach pains and died from cancer less than 2 weeks later..gone to soon. 




















11 comments:

Rubye Jack said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Ricky passing. This is a nice tribute to him.

I don't go to funerals either btw.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

They say the good die young and clearly your cousin Ricky proves it. Sorry to hear that such a good guy has left this world.

Nit Wit said...

I'm really sorry about Your loss. I'm sure there are a lot of people who's lives he made so much better just by being there. I'm also sure he has inspired a lot of people to pay it forward themselves.

That eye loving dog still freaks me out but the Twinkie one pisses me off because that's my union they're talking about. :)

Nit Wit said...

I'm really sorry about Your loss. I'm sure there are a lot of people who's lives he made so much better just by being there. I'm also sure he has inspired a lot of people to pay it forward themselves.

That eye loving dog still freaks me out but the Twinkie one pisses me off because that's my union they're talking about. :)

MarkD60 said...

Sorry about Ricky.

MarkD60 said...

Sorry about Ricky

Jan said...

I wasn't going to complain about the lack of Putin in your last post, but thanks for bringing him back.

LOVE, LOVE the haiku!!!

jadedj said...

Gone too soon for sure. It sounds as if he will be missed by some very caring friends and relatives. So sorry J.

I do agree with you about the funeral part.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read about Ricky. Cancer sucks.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to read about the loss of Ricky. May good memories comfort all who loved him.

Ol'Buzzard said...

I don't go to funerals. I don't even plan on attending my own.
the Ol'Buzzard