I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, February 06, 2013

WEST, BY GODDESS, TEXAS NEWS

Didn't want you to go cold turkey so here's a little something for you with the news.
So much has been going on, don't know where to start..might start with today and work back..I used to have Medicaid and I was always pissed because I didn't have the 'silver plan' and get free transportation. So I answered one of those cards they send to you about another way to go..So now I have CARE IMPROVEMENT PLUS and I get free transportation..which means I got a ride to and from Hillsboro, Texas today. I had 2 apts ..pre-op and instructions from Dr. for my colonoscopy (I hope I'm spelling that correctly, my spell check won't tell me how to spell it.)So that leads me to my plug for my new friend Rafi who owns American Medical solutions. He has 7 drivers and drives his ownself too.He's a very nice man, was on time took me where I needed to go and was there when I was done and I was early. To reward him for good service I took him to Gerik's Bakery and let him try one of the best kolaches in Texas.I'm going to ask for them each time I need a ride. So if you happen to need a ride he's the go to guy. 214-498-7612 or 817-723-0364. I'm pretty sure that is for North Texas only..so if your in West Virginia, your out of luck.
I have been watching Abby for Jamie but then she fell and broke her collarbone and hasn't been able to work, so she's been staying home with the baby. I go over as often as I can to give her a hand and she brought her over the other day so I could spend some time with her. I can't get over how much she changes in such a short length of time. She's an expect at giving the raspberry, turns from back to front and then raises hell cause she can't flip back to her back.Olivia went to a Baylor Girls basketball game with Thom and Candy and she learned how to do the bear claw and growl like a bear..which is pretty damn funny..She's 9 months and Abby is 4...I'm a happy great granny.


I'm already starting to go through football withdrawal. Think the only one that is looking forward more to it starting again is Jan who is a San Francisco fan and wants to get back at them again.I had Baltimore and 4 points so I was pretty happy..But that last possession was holding and there were more than one call that was blown by them..If you have been up to snuff on the ref's you will know that the team that gets picked for the Superbowl is supposed to be the best..well when they had the walk out, the guy that made all the bad calls got his job not because he is the best but because he is the best at kissing ass.He screwed up big time more than once..and all in favor of Baltimore..and a game as important as the Superbowl should be called by the best not by the best ass-kisser..bastid.

OK. For the West news. Someone shot up St. Martin's Church in Tours. Which is about 7 miles or so from West. Some body drove by between 3 and 4 a.m. and shot 10 bullets into the church doing 6-8 thousand dollars worth of damage..Shot the hand off statue of Mary. Just makes me crazy. There was a similar act of destruction in Waco at a cemetery, doing over $1,000.000 damage..some of the headstones were over 100 years old.. 

McLennan County Livestock Show will have a bunch of livestock from West kids..and yes Mrs. Meurer's grand-kids and great grand kids are still showing stock and doing great jobs..There are still about  of her grand-kids and 2 greats that show their livestock. Will be weird when the last one graduates and then we'll have to wait for them to start having kids to follow in their footsteps.
Summer baseball and softball registration is already started and I think in a couple of weeks I will be helping at the concession stand for weight lifters competition. This is something I have never done before so it should be interesting.
Girls and boys basketball teams are still in the running..will give more details when it's playoff time.
Catholic Daughters of Americas Sacred Heart Court 829 will be hosting their annual Fat Tuesday at the Knights of Columbus. 

Oh..also ...if anyone would like to show their displeasure at my being relieved of volunteer duty, email me and I'll give you an address to write too. I've been sorta given permission to have people protest if they want. 

Jaclyn Kay Jones and Jason Michael Karakehian were married at Studio Piazza at Chesterwood Historical Museum in Stockbridge, Massachusetts. She is the great granddaughter of Amelia and William  Prasifka of West.

Ashley McCoy is engaged to Israel Ortiz. She is the granddaughter of Ray and Rose Parma. 

Libby Lou had her 11th birthday. Camille Kate Kaska was born on December 14 and weighed 8 pounds, 15 ounces and was 19.5 inches long. And she is quite the beauty.

The Village Bakery has special valentine cookies with Dej mi Hubicku on them, which is I think ...give me a kiss.

Kiwanis is having their annual Stew and Chili supper in the West Community Center. Cost is $8 for adults and $4 for children. There will also be a silent auction on the old(vintage) street signs from the city of West.

Kathryn Elizabeth Goodrich is engaged to Marcus Shayne Rice. 

Allison Podbielski and Joshua Zapalac were married December 30, 2012 in Katy at the Agave Estates.

Over the Christmas holidays we lost 2 of the regulars from Jackie's Kitchen..makes me sad.. This is the part I have trouble with..dealing with their deaths.sigh*

West Food Mart has pork butt on sale for $1.49 a pound..I love saying port butt.Plus fresh strawberries for $1.79 pound. hot damn.

And just so I can rub it in on you...country home on 1.35+ acres 2 miles south of downtown West. 1,668 sf, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, open living room, lots of light, interior storage, newer HVAC, 2 out buildings. Needs some updating and a little TLC $104, 900 11517 Old Dallas Road.
3 bedroom/2.5 bath brick home in West. hdwd flrs. built in's, 2 living areas, large kitchen, attached garage, corner lot, fenced backyard, storage building, $15k update allowance at $124,900 or purchase as is for $109,900 possible FHA 203K.
Community Grocery has yellow onions on sale at .59cents a pound..hmm...

I am up to my elbows in books...I am slowly but surely trying to get rid of some of them..no one wants them. My family runs for the hills if I even mention them...wussies.
 Every time I start a new paragraph the font changes..and the size of the font..Blogger is working over time fucking with me.
Dexter is back to his evil ways..He was up in the tree by the office again and waited till one of the residents was going to office and jumped out of the tree right in front of them and as the lady said 'scared the pee out of me.' Dexter, needless to say is very happy with his self.
Ok, this is it for a while..will do better next time..need to get a thingy that will hook my printer up to the laptop..and I keep forgetting to get it..so no pictures..see ya later gaters.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to hear you're getting free medical transportation now! And what a shame about that church being vandalized. People who do that are jerks -- also those who vandalized cemeteries.

Cerulean Bill said...

Holy hell. You had me at the driver. I LOVE stories like that. I wanted to go find him RTF now and do something nice for him.

MarkD60 said...

Everybody has books they want to give away, nobody wants them...

yellowdoggranny said...

Rafi rocks..we talked about food, weather, and people going up and food and West coming back..I'd love to hear from him so I can find out how he liked his raspberry kolache.

FoxyMoron said...

I love your cat, what a sense of humour he has!
Great that you get transportation now.
GORGEOUS babies!

Anonymous said...

|The house prices there blow my mind. If it weren't so damn hot there...:)