I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Thursday, June 16, 2022

short post about yellowdoggranny's health


 Diastolic heart failure, technically referred to as "heart failure with preserved ejection fraction" (HFpEF), is a condition where the lower left chamber of the heart (left ventricle) is not able to fill properly with blood during the diastolic phase, reducing the amount of blood pumped out to the body.

This was my diagnosis ...so I immediately thought well fuck 'curtains' and started acting like a dying person. Walking like I was going to the gallows. .sighing a lot...sigh******

so went for my follow up appointment with my cardiologist and she said what? no.. you have that condition but there is NO SIGN  of heart failure. With my age and all the fucking pills I take for high blood pressure why  I have what I have which is basically when my heart pumps out? it's a little slow...bfd...fuck a nurse..

so I have the old bounce in my step back and I've quit making dying jokes. much to the happiness of my granddaughterhers..

so you will be stuck with me for a bunch more years...this being my 17 year...fuckaduck..

been with you guys longer than all 3 of my marriages put together...When I do quit I'm going to ask for spousal support....love you sonsabitches..jackiesue


14 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad you're still bouncing along, YDG! It's very reassuring to know the diagnosis does NOT mean imminent danger. But is it why you've been feeling extra tired at times? My Rare One and I had a beloved older friend who had a heart condition too (maybe even this same thing, I'm not sure) and she lived for DECADES with it. And in the end, she died of something else. Her heart was still going strong.

yellowdoggranny said...

Thanks Debra...yeah, between my faulty heart, 2 brain tumors, high blood pressure, diabetes and just general old age...when I do croak my body is going to flip a coin to see what's going to take me out..hahahahah

Anonymous said...

Just remember the old saying, "Don't pet the sweaty things and don't sweat the petty things."

Jennifer said...

Well, that's good news. We'll be glad to have you around a while longer! Take care!

1oddmanout said...

Great. have a blast! Robert.

Leanna said...

Sooooo . . . technically you will most likely kick off the minute after I do?
Tell ya what. If we gang up on him we could overthrow my brother, Satan, and have A/C that actually works installed. Also, we might be able to get all the fattening foods bad for us and still have svelt bods. So, what do you think? You in with me?
P.S. the only reason why I say the other place is because I don't want to be around any of the Religious Right down there unless we get to do the torturing.

yellowdoggranny said...

anonymous will remember..
Jennife...yup..looks like you guys are stuck with me.
will do oddmanout..will do.
yes to all the above leanna..yes to all the above.

River said...

I'm glad you will be around a lot longer than you imagined.

RevZafod said...

Granny, I'm a newbie here, but glad to hear you're OK. I'm still cranking along, but slower, at 81.

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare leave us!

pam nash said...

Well thank all the gods and goddesses! What a boring place this would be without you! Blog on, Jackiesue, blog on!

yellowdoggranny said...

Revzafod welcome to the wonderful world of yellowdog granny...buckle up...yeah, old age ain't for sissies..
anonymous..I think I'm good for another 10 years. hopefully.13..like to see ydg hit 30 years.hahah

Eliza said...

I'm not really ever a commenter, but I am a daily reader. Thank you for sticking around. I love your blog

yellowdoggranny said...

thank you Eliza that made me feel better...thanks..