I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Saturday, February 11, 2023

Friday's Facebook post

 So today at the center was a huge success. The idea was all Heidi’s and it was a grand slam. Baked potatoes with ham bacon 5 different cheeses and sour cream. I went to the paper and gave an interview and he came down and took pictures and talked to people. Talked to me some more. I called the mayor and he came and we all had out picture taken. The mayor was impressed and we had a larger crowd than usual and Diane Friend came in (she had talked to mayor he told her about the baked potatoes) she was on another mission but we fed her told her about what we do on Fridays and bingo plus the ladies n gent play other games. And think she might start coming in. Next week we are having brisket tacos. Soft and hard. Mexican rice, refried beans and I’m going to make enchiladas. It will be Heidi Hannes-Sepulveda’s last day and Donna will be coming back. I will continue to do what we have been doing and Heidi's son Caydan will come help me. We had left over baked potatoes and sides so Heidi said let’s take them to the police. So we did. I got to check out the new chief. Gonzales. Call me or come by. In case no one knew. Sargent Gonzales is my favorite police officer and I would take a bullet for him. Hope he got a baked potato. So all you old farts in West who don’t come up to the center. You should. Come for bingo and stay for the food. There is no charge. Donations are appreciated but there is no charge. Especially if you are a senior. Or just hungry. I hope we get more people to come in. We want you here. I wish we had a van like they have at west rest haven and we could drive around and pick everyone up and take them home. Everyday. Chevy of West??????? Sykora?????

Ok. I feel a nap coming on. Today was a good day. I’m a happy old lady.

All reactions:
You, Candace Brown, Dianne Ball and 39 others

11 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sounds like another awesome event! Glad you got good publicity for all your efforts too. If I lived in West, I'd come by Fridays for bingo and a good meal like that -- hey, I'm 65 now, I qualify as a senior!

River said...

You had me at baked potatoes and sour cream. Mmmm, yum. But it's a little far for me to travel, so I'll let someone else take my spot.

Anonymous said...

You are a saint, my dear friend.
Amazing! Bless you. Sending a check for food. If you want me to write letters to the car dealerships, email names and addresses to me.
CA Curmudgeon

Leanna said...

Hey, I'd come for the bingo and the food. Just wish the drive wasn't so far.

SickoRicko said...

You are an amazing woman!

yellowdoggranny said...

you know...it's a lot of work...even if it's just a huge pot of soup...but I love doing it...it makes me feel good. I'm making jambalaya for 50 for Fat Tuesday. Beads and masks. Hope it's enough..
thanks for the kind words. Wish you were here to sit down and play bingo and then scarf some good food. THAT would be wonderful.

yellowdoggranny said...

CA Curmudgeon...that's wonderful..thanks so very very much..

Jerri said...

Well, it’s good to see that you took our suggestion of slowing down and stepping back to heart…🤨
Nah, we’re in this world to make a difference and enjoy the journey. You manage - quite nicely - to combine the two. Good job!
My, GOD, woman… the food! Wish you did long distance take out.

yellowdoggranny said...

this friday we're having brisket soft and hard tacos..refried beans, mexican rice, red enchaladas and green salsa chicken enchaladas..wheeeee..

pam nash said...

Just a single word - Excellent! Wish we had such a place with people like there, here.

yellowdoggranny said...

thanks Pam