I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

CANADERIAN'S SECRET WEAPON

 I can't even begin to tell you how delicious them suckers are. And????? no baking..no fecking baking. OMG...I don't think I have had so many compliments on my baking before..and no baking. The maple cookies were also well loved...every one liked them, but man, the Nanaimo Bars..rocked the Casbah.I made 2 pans of them and there were 6 left, and only because Jamie grabbed them up and hid them so she could take them home. Before they got into the activity room we all decided to take one and try it...The best I can say is..."they are Gerik Bakery good."..
I have a bunch of pictures but Jamie hasn't down loaded them down yet and the ones on my camera I'm not sure how they will be as the damn batteries were going out..
I will give detailed report with pictures today or tomorrow..but sufficed to say: it was a huge success. The cards blew them away. I let them take them back to their rooms and they were so blown away by the beauty of all the places ...I want to babble on but want to wait till I get the pictures.. but? Goddess bless all you warm hearted and lovely people that sent cards and gifts..you make my heart ache with love for you.

6 comments:

Laurent said...

We are so pleased in the Great Dominion of Canada that you all had a great Canadian treat!
Happy Canada Day to all of you!

Nit Wit said...

I've had those before! I was born 15 minutes away from Niagara Falls so we had a lot of spillover from Canada when I was a kid. Now I have a craving... :P

Vicki said...

How wonderful! Honestly my favorite is the butter tart but those do look scrumptious! Happy Canada day to all!!

turquoisemoon said...

I started a search the minute I saw this pic and your comments. I must have some!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's true! Nanaimo bars are our secret weapon, LOL! Glad they were a big hit with everyone -- looking forward to photos if they turn out.

Willym said...

Well for all us Canaderians high fives, hugs and because of our French elements a few kisses on the cheek.