I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, August 19, 2019

the picnic

 the gg's informed me they were going to have a picnic..so I went thru fridge and cupboards and got stuff for a picnic..remember now..it's Texas and August..just a shade warmer than hell.
 having a picnic means getting dressed in the dress up clothes and hats..and purses..and shoes..

 drinking out of jello shot glasses..my girls.


 when the candle started to melt I convinced them it was time to come in..

 they brought Opus out in his sled..??????? beats me.
charging their batteries...

8 comments:

Jan said...

This looks more like an English high tea than a Texas picnic.

yellowdoggranny said...

it was a combo..tea and picnic.or picnic tea

wibble said...

When candles melt just from the ambient temperature, it's too damn hot to be outside...

>!<

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Looks like a lot of fun but holy moly, that melting candle!

Valerie said...

Aw how sweet! When I think of the summers I spent with my grandma in Mississippi (no air conditioning i their farmhouse), I don't remember the heat. Just all the good times and love.

pam nash said...

A nice tea party luncheon - in the August heat. A really good memory for all.

Leanna said...

Now that is a proper Texas picnic. What a feast and the gg's look so fine in their pretty clothes.

yellowdoggranny said...

it was a fun time..they went home and both girls said they just went on and on about the picnic....yeah, that candle melting..says it all..too damn hot..