I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, March 08, 2023

Friday lunches

 Because the woman that is in charge of our meals on wheels at the senior center is a petty, jealous, conniving, backstabbing  lying bitch...Friday lunches are no more. Maybe for just the time being or maybe a now, once a month deal. Nothing we had been doing on Friday's was against anything the bosses at the meals in wheels in Waco didn't want us to do. But the boss here in West decided it was too much work for her(we always told her she wasn't needed for anything, cooking or cleaning.) on Friday's and sent a copy of the West News to the main office and and asked for a meeting. So last Thursday the had a meeting between Waco, West with me and Heidi invited. I was going. But 30 minutes before the meeting one of my granddaughters had a family emergency that I was needed for. So of course I went. Heidi went to the meeting and kept the West boss from throwing me under the bus which she tried to do. She said the expense of the lunches would break them if we kept this up. Heidi said up until the last 2 lunches Jackie had paid for everything and everything that was bought on the two lunches you agreed to and encouraged us to charge what we needed. I had never not once charged or turned in receipts for reimbursement since I had started this. When she mentioned the money raised for Christmas she used the term 'we'...Heidi said how much of that money did you raise? Uncomfortable silence.....none. Jackie raised it all. 

So because Donna would have to come out of her office and participate with the doings in the center(she spends 90% of the time in her office) she made it impossible to do the lunches. If I wasn't going to have stints put in and know that I was going to be out of action for awhile I would be down there fighting this. But I won't be able to do anything for a while and Heidi's husband is getting new batteries for his pace maker and she's going to be out of action we're just letting go till we are both are able to give it our full time. 

Heidi is going to make Irish stew and scones for Kiwanis  the Wednesday before my cath work and wanted to know if I wanted her to make enough for that Friday. I said I was not in the right headspace right now and wasn't sure I could walk in there, see the manager  and not punch her in the face.  Me not going up there right now is going to keep her out of the hospital and me out of jail. 

Plus right now my Granddaughters and son are urging me at every turn to quit. The litany is 'Mom/Grandma you're almost 80 years old, after every Friday of doing this it takes you 3 days to be able to walk standing up straight you are in so much pain. Weekends is when you normally would spend with the gg's and how many times have you can to cancel because you were in so much pain. All your energy should be for your gg's. You can still raise money for Christmas for them without wearing yourself out every Friday. 

So I don't know what the fuck ....Because of having the stints I was going to back off for awhile anyway. But at least it was my choice and not done under such a backstabbing way. 

This is why I haven't been posting. Been so upset and hurt and angry I have just sat in my recliner and sulked, amid some crying. So I will do a post for Friday and get back in the grove. Just wanted you all to know what was going on..fuckaduck

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grandbabies first and foremost!

Skepticat said...

I hope karma takes care of both of you; that means you'll breeze through the stent procedure and feel much better afterward, and she ... well, she won't feel all that great, and that's if she's even around. You take care of your great heart. We're all cheering for you.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's so hurtful and disappointing, Jackiesue, after all you've done! Ingratitude is the worst! But life is like that, isn't it? Always full of backstabbers. I'm sorry your popular Friday lunches ended this way.

Leanna said...

OMG! Baby girl, you take care of yourself and the Goddess will take care of that bitch. Concentrate on nothing else but being happy, healthy, and having good times with the gg's.
Really, that bitch is going to get hers and you know the Goddess doesn't mess around when she gets even for us. Please, just let it go for now and focus on yourself. We really love and care about you.

yellowdoggranny said...

Bless you everyone...
all I can say is they better give me good news on my heart cause if not I'm going from hospital to her and kick her ass...hah

Jerri said...

Aww man. Do you want the Squad to mount up and come and kick some ass? (And will you feed us? 🤭)
I’m so sorry that all happened. Kind of a sign of the times. Let’s hurt everyone we can and make everyone’s life miserable. That’s no way to treat a kind heart.
Jackiesue, we are personally acquainted with karma. She will do what she does best…and hopefully you’ll get to watch.
Breathe…put on some tunes…see you Friday ✌️

Beth said...

That so royally sucks! And I second what Jerri, Leanne, Debra and Skepticat said. Your health, happiness and ggs are what matters most. Hang in there! We all love you.

Unknown said...

thank you Jackiesue, for ALL you do. This is a M/W/F go to, and I am up in Canada. We appreciate all you do, and because it's the intertubes, take the kudo comments you get and multiply by 1000 to account for the lurkers.

yellowdoggranny said...

Yeah, I'm waiting for Karma to kick her in her ass.
and unknown...damn I love you canaderians.

Tricia said...

I'm sorry they don't appreciate you Jackiesue and all the hard work you do and just how giving of yourself you always are! Take some time for yourself, heal from getting your stents and by then they'll be starting to wonder where the heck you are. In the meantime, yes give those GG's a ton of love.

Charlie said...

On May 1,2022, I was 79 yrs and 3 months old. I also became the proud owner of my very own Chromium Coronary Stent. It took 2 surgeons with support staff approx 3 hours for the entire procedure. I was awake most of the time. It was accomplished entirely with a local anesthetic. I slept a little just because I wanted to.

After surgery I started to take plavix to help prevent having a stroke and started rehab 3 times a week for a 3-month period. My previous pain (back, knees, ankles) went away and I now feel better than I have in 15 yrs.

My advice to you is to trust the process and we will all handle the prayers.

SickoRicko said...

Thank you for sharing this! Take care of yourself first. Then go bop her in the nose. Love you!

Ole Phat Stu said...

That bitch aside, know that stents are an easy procedure. I've got three ;-)

River said...

I'd forgotten you were having stents put in. I think it's wise of you to step down at least for a while. If the Friday lunches ever start again, perhaps you could participate but not do so much of the work? I agree too that the grandchildren are more important while they are still young enough to want to spend time with you.

Rad said...

Oh, Dearheart! Don't let that bitch get you down! Work on you, focus on the Grands, heal. ...then revenge!

JustGail said...

Well that stinks! Makes me wonder if "that woman" wasn't jealous that she got no head pats from the newspaper article or from people attending the lunches. Good for Heidi going to bat for you, the Friday meals, and the truth on who's been footing the bill.

I hope all goes well with the stents thing. Maybe after you are recovered and kicking ass again, and when Heidi's DH batteries are taken care of, Friday lunches will be a thing again by popular demand. Except this time around, with enough assistance (the work, not just the money!) that you're not in so much pain for 3 days.

RockyD said...

Pulling for you JackieSue. The hurt will stop eventually but boy don't it suck. Take good care of yourself, we miss you when you're not here.

yellowdoggranny said...

how can I worry about heart stints when my heart is so full of love for all of you....thank you so much for all the kind words.
I am going to spend more time with the gg's...the gg girls are going to be here this weekend. We're going to see Avatar and do some baking. Looking forward to that. They are threatening to go to center and punch Donna in the nose. Especially Abby.. omg. She's so pissed. Donna lives in the back apartment and I expect Abby to trot back there and give her a talking to..
After recovery from the stints I'm going to go to Meals on Wheels in Waco and get this straightened out.

love and blessings to you all.

Mr. Shife said...

Hang in there, Jackiesue, and take care of yourself. You don't need the additional anxiety and aggravation in your life.

yellowdoggranny said...

or as my dearly departed mother would say...........fuck'em all but 6 and save them for pall bearers..

Anonymous said...

Wow you are the absolute best big-hearted woman ever made. Trying to be there for everybody else all the time... 💜💜💜 After you get all fixed up you will be up and running again, even better. Much love and hugs xo

yellowdoggranny said...

thanks so much anonymous...you make my day..

The Blog Fodder said...

Catching up on my backlog. Your cheering section is the best. You can and will win this one.