I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Friday, June 10, 2011

LETS GO TO THE HOP

http://youtu.be/FOh-qAQ0i9k

I'm going to have to get some help with downloading the music from my computer..one time it works..and then it doesn't..It will play on my computer and on my VCR/DVD player..but it won't play on the one at the West Haven..can't figure it out..but lucky for us..one of the lady's has a great collection of 50's music and let us us it..
The car hop outfit was bought for Jamie to wear but she has her granny's boobs and it wouldn't fit..I was so disappointed..She would have looked so cute in it..So we made Marissa wear it..ha..as a teenager, she was not thrilled to be wearing it..not cool and all. But she did it with style..and had her picture taken with all the residents..they were great. I'm not sure if I will have access to the pictures that Kathy took on he half of Rest Haven as there is a problem with permission from the residents to go on the internet. I'm not sure these should be published ..so if they come down..that's why..But anyway, a good time was had by all. The malteds were really good. When Dairy Queen closed down they got one of the malt makers for a great price and so we had official malteds..but it was slow going as you could only make one at a time ..there were over 50 residents there..If you check the pictures you should see the cigarettes rolled up in the sleeves of the guys..they were treating them just like they were real..So funny and they really enjoyed it. J. and L were both trying to look menacing in the black leather jacket and their duck tail..I told J. did you wear a duck tail when they were popular and he said no..I said well it's going into a perfect DA now...We are going to have a 4th of July on the 4th which is really cool..I'm trying to figure out a different way to do it..like a beach party 4th of July party..or a Southern Style 4th of July..still working on it..hope you enjoy the pictures..


































7 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

we went through 2 of those 5 gallon containers of ice cream...hot dang

Nit Wit said...

Now I want a malted milk shake.

Rox said...

Glad I got to see the pics! I'm so happy that you help do this for the seniors.

Daisy Deadhead said...

Great photos and party designs! I looove that carhop outfit... I remember this place in Jackson, OH had carhops dressed exactly like that.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great decorations! The car hop outfit is very cute! And those candy cigarettes do look real, LOL. But are you sure it was wise to play a Johnny Mathis record? That's well-known MAKE-OUT MUSIC -- they'll all be rockin' and rollin' tonight for real!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

You all have outdone yourselves!!!
I could hear that song "At The Hop " start playing in my head the minute I read your post title. :0)
Wonder if it will leave me today.
Hell, I feel good inside and I wasn't there. Thanks for the memories Jackie.
(((hugs)))

Intense Guy said...

Wow! Look at all the cool decorations!!

I love the pink scarfs! I don't think many of these folks been able to dance in a while - except in their heads....

The car hop looks fabulous (and sexy too)