I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Tuesday, July 07, 2020

Two for the price of One




so there is good news...bad news..where there was one..there are now 2..one is the largest(still not big) on the right side of brain, other is behind it and is the smaller one..they are both benign..they are slow growing..so far..since to the best of my knowledge I have no symptoms..so far the symptoms I do have are same as for my cataracts so will see what the haps are after both surgeries.. If I don't have any symptoms between now and Jan. I will have another MRI..if there is growth we will discuss having surgery or whatever..at 77 I'm not sure I want them probing around in my brain..but if they can assure me it will make it better and not fuck me up ..I might go for it. To you guys that are also my facebook friends ..this is just between my family and you all..you've been with me for almost 16 years ..so ...but there are people on facebook that I don't want to stir up..will be all over West and people will be freaking me out..I will have a good cry and then finish my new Michael Crichton book on part 2 of the andromeda strain..and Dean Koontz has new book out..so I'm good..
have first eye surgery tomorrow..wheee...
To make things more interesting I was cleaning porch yesterday and found a snake on porch..or as I said while tap dancing in midair..there's a fucking snake on my porch. Normally I wouldn't mess with it..just let it be..but this is the 7th snake we've found in these apartments so fuck them..I kilt the bastid..
It's been thundering and raining like a son of a bitch here..not conducive to my state of mind right now..the rain yes, the thunder...NO.. wish ole Dexter was here to snuggle with..
laters gaters..after the operations and I can see again..I will be back...maybe not as much but I'll still be here.. plus if I can see to do it..I'll post updates..love peace and harmony grits.

17 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Small, benign and slow growing is good! I hope those little buggers remain that way!

Good luck tomorrow with your cataract surgery! I hope you notice a big improvement in your eyesight and that your recovery goes smoothly, without a hitch.

Thinking of you, Jackiesue!

yellowdoggranny said...

love you Debra

squatlo said...

Good luck, JackieSue!

Leanna said...

Well, I can breathe a sigh of relief for your good news. If I were 77 and it was benign I would let it go until the thing got larger or the side effects got worse. Do you have headaches?
I like snakes but if they are the nasty venomous ones, kill em', kill em' dead. The weather guy said we were supposed to have rain and thunder today but then they dismissed it. Take care, darlin.

JustGail said...

Good news on the tumors, hope they keep on the slow growth path. Good luck on the cataract surgeries. Some days I wish mine were to the point they could be done, other days I'm glad not yet.

Dale said...

I'm not sure a mere mortal could survive the blinding light that would emanate from that bright mind of yours...uncovered and no filters in place.

yellowdoggranny said...

thanks Squanto..much love to you.
leanne it's so fucking weird..I didn't have headaches til the dr asked me if I was having them..ha.I'm sure it's all in my head..ok, I could keep this up for ever..haha
justgail..I'm actually looking forward to the surgery at least that's something that can be done..
dale? I think I fucking love you..

thanks everyone..now I'm going to go to library and check out latest dean koontz book..laters.

Lin Barker said...

My hope is that you come through this stronger than ever

Lin

Jerri said...

Well, one time "slow" is very good! Sounds like you have a handle on All That. Attitude is 99% ...and we know you have that and then some!
My money's on you and I totally agree with your decision. As far as the headaches, it's like one of your covid memes..." Is it my allergies or do I have 4 days to live?" I say go for it. Live life as you can imagine...the universe is the limit. Be your most badass self. That's our reward for surviving Life.
Appreciate your latest Chrichton read... very appropriate. I've thought about the first one through this mess more than I would admit.
As far as the snakes, we're going with Asclepius God of medicine and healing. 7 of them you ought to heal real good ; )

Good luck over the next few days. Don't you DARE try to get on computer...and is Dean Koontz an audio book? Please pamper yourself...and let others pamper you. In the long run it will be worth it. New Eyes 👀! Meditate before you go.
In your pocket.

Dexter...❤️

jaime said...

Jackie Sue

You will come through these cataract surgeries with flying colors. I do hope you pamper yourself silly. Enjoy your books and relaxation.

Enjoy your time away from all of us and know we are already missing you and rooting for your quick and utterly uneventful recovery.

Hopefully the snakes will have learned their lesson and keep away from your home. Yikes!

jaime

wibble said...

...Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes?! [/Indy]

~:)P

Valerie said...

Thanks for the update. Sending you white light and good thoughts. Take care.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Damit Jackiesue. We all love you. That is one hell of a decision you are faced with, and no one can make but you. But people across the country are pulling for you and care. You are not alone.

the Ol'Buzzard

Grandma K said...

You've got this all under control. No tumor would dare f with you.

pam nash said...

Small, benign - all good. As for future decisions - sending positive vibes from here to there!

Vivian Swift said...

Benign! that's a beautiful word! And like you say, you've probably had them for a log time, so as long as your quality of life is good don't mess with success. You are YOU, benign tumors and snake-killing tendencies and all. Keep calling it your "Fuck You" tumor and that sucker won't dare to impose any more on your gray matter.

yellowdoggranny said...


Jamie, had my first surgery today and went great..came home and ate and took a nice versed nap..damn I love that stuff.
I think the snakes are rethinking their relocation..we've killed 7 so far.
wibble..I know..there is a tank in the farm area behind us..why couldn't we be over ran with frogs? but noooo, it's fucking snakes.
thanks Valerie..I need all the prayers I can get.
ah, Ol'buzzard..I love you and your wifey so much..you are always in my heart..I'll just have to wait and see what

thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers...ok, that fucking made me laugh out loud..
happens between now and Jan..should be entertaining..hah
Vivian, I don' plan on panicking until there is something to actually panic about..let it continue to chill out..ha

grandma K...that's what my son assures me..
thanks Pam, yeah, it's all good so far..keep giving the goddess shiny things for me.