I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

had a little ? trouble with my blood pressure.

 it was up to 200/101 at one point..(pretty sure it was reaction to a new med...but not sure. ) under normal conditions I would call 911 and go to emergency. But since the hospitals and emergency care clinics are full of assholes who refuse to be vaccinated and have taken up all the beds I wasn't going to go there and chance getting covid from them fuckers. I was texting Jamie(granddaughter who's a nurse) back and forth and other than information not much she could do except freak out ..called Cujo's office but it was 10 p.m. and the call went to the emergency care clinic associated with his office and they close at 5 p.m...so I was fucked.. except????? This is West. I knew because Cujo is part of my Adamson family that I could probably get in touch with my Adamson niece in Houston and she could get in touch with him. 10 minutes after I texted her and she texted him he called...this maybe the best part of the whole fucking deal...when I answered the phone he said 'this is Cujo'...not his real name, the name he knows I call him. He said don't go to the ER, you'll probably get covid before you get treated. He was going to call pharmacy in Waco, I said I was in no shape to drive there. So he had me meet me at his clinic(5 minutes for both of us) and gave me a rescue blood pressure med. felt me up.. ok, it was my right calf  but still. It was in the dark and it felt weird.. ha. Jamie was freaking out about me being so far away from her and by myself and her better half said "I'll go get her." and he did. Spent night and most of Sunday and he brought me home. My blood pressure is not only back to where it used to be but lower. Low enough that I kept my apt in Wacko with my ortho Dr about my hip. More good news .....won't have to have hip replacement. Probably can get by with stronger anti-inflammatory and some physical therapy. But until the unvaxxed are gone I won't be going out ..Let them kill someone else's grandma.. Oh and the reason my leg is hurt by my bad back? Toting Dylan around from birth till now. Hanging off my left hip. So good news followed by wtf news. I will admit I was pretty fucking scared. 190's over 90's and up? scary shit. but I'm still here..for the time being anyhow.. I loves ya sonsabitches..

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, what a scary episode! So glad you were able to pull some family strings and get hold of Dr Cujo so he could bring that BP down!

Great news that you won't need a hip replacement but no more toting Dylan around! He's old enough to walk on his own now anyway.

Phew! What a roller coaster you've been on! Glad it all worked out okay in the end though!

Leanna said...

DAYUM GURRRRRL!! Yer scarin me to death!!
Can't leave you alone for one minute. I'm glad surgery is not an option anymore. And double glad Cujo was there for ya. You could have stroked out. Stay safe and well darlin.

Kathleen Kaska said...

I hope your health continues to improve, YDG. Please take care!

1oddmanout said...

Yeah, new meds cause loads of problems. I'm glad you have the network to get help when needed. Stay well.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Those were some scary blood pressure numbers. I am glad you could get some help. Weird how so many weird health things happen after business hours, isn't it. My blood pressure went up like that one time and I was so weak and dizzy that I wouldn't have been able to drive anywhere. My husband drove me to the Urgent Care place and they prescribed some different medicine for me. And everything was normal again.

They are going to have to set up separate Covid hospitals if things are going to continue like this. Too many people are having other surgeries delayed. That is dangerous in some situations.

I absolutely cannot believe that many schools have now made masks for kids in school optional. Here in Missouri where I live, my neighborhood school district is requiring everyone who enters the buildings to wear masks. In the school district, just a half hour away, where my grandson, who is 11 years old, attends school, they don't require masks, because so many people in that area are anti mask/antivax. My grandson starts school today and I am so very worried about him, I know he will wear his mask, now I hope he doesn't get bullied for wearing it. There was minor viral spread last year when they were required to wear masks. It will be bad without the masks this year.

I just don't know why people can't understand that this virus will be with us until everyone, who doesn't have a physical problem from vaccines, takes their vaccinations.

Valerie said...

Whoa! Those are scary numbers! Glad you could get the help you needed. Take care, Jackie Sue! The world needs you

yellowdoggranny said...

thanks everyone..yeah, it was a scary couple of days..and thanks to the West family telegraph I got taken care of..see cujo tomorrow at 10..his office has called every day. yeah, once when the number was 200/101 I said to jamie that's good right..high score???? she didn't think it was funny..I will live to fight another day...thanks again for the love..and thanks Kathleen Kaska appreciate you coming around.

Vivian Swift said...

Holy shit, that's scary. And goes to show that those Covidiots don't deserve to be taking hospital beds away from un-intentionally sick people. Good to know that you're on the mend.