I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Tuesday, September 13, 2022

MRI


 So because I'm severely claustrophobic I have to have versed to have an mri. It is impossible to do it without ...so the one fucking dude that does versed quits and moves to Lubbock and because of the pandemic and loss of medical personal we have no one to administer versed. Motherfucker. I could go to Lakeway in Austin but wtf? Then I find out we had a new MRI machine that is much larger and with the help of a strong pill(????) I just might be able to do it. So my DIL takes me up there and I'm supposed to take the pill 30 minutes before I go in. My fear is it will quit working while I'm in machine. Time for the pill. I look at the bottle and it's a fucking Xanax. What the ever-loving fuck. I'm a reformed drug addict. Even Xanax was to light weight for me to mess with .  I waited an hour and nothing. We tried...ear plugs 50's music and a towel over my eyes. No fucking way. So that was a waste of our time. Only thing good that came out of it was when Candy and I went to HEB I didn't want to kill anyone. Even that bitch with the 9 kids running up and down the aisles.  

So I see Cujo Thursday and believe me. Someone's ass is going to be chewed on. Xanax..fuckme  I'm pretty sure my tumors if they are growing they are growing at a very slow speed. As long as I still hate the Philadelphia Eagles and say fuckoff..I know I'm good.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even when you're having a DAY you make me laugh. Now I know what I need before I go grocery shopping! Hang in there.

Jimmy T said...

I wish you well with the MRI, I've never had one but Cindy T needed one to locate a brain tumor a few years back. She was as nervous as hell too, but went through it, then got the tumor removed a few days later. She still takes anti-seizure meds as a precaution, but is doing fine ever since. Here's hoping that you'll get through the procedure relatively unscathed...

Leanna said...

I'm sorry, this is too funny. I read it to David and he dies when you mentioned the "bitch with the 9 kids" part. He almost fell out of his chair. No, really. I swear sometimes, I wonder about medical people. They just don't think.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

The last mri I had, I was only up to my neck in it. It was freezing in there, and I had dressed warmly and was still cold. Then it was like being in a wind tunnel in the dam thing. It was making my nose run like crazy and then my eyes started watering all down my cheeks to the point where my hair was soaking wet where it had soaked up tears.They had given me ear plugs, which near the end of the procedure, one of them fell out due to my watering eyes I think, or the wind. Finally they heard calling out to them that I needed another ear plug. I had been told before that they were right there and would help me right away if I had any problem, they were right behind the glass window. It seemed to take a while for them to notice me having problems. So as she got me one, I was bitching about this machine was like being in a wind tunnel, my nose and ears were watering so bad and I was freezing. She said "Oh we can turn the fan off." Why didn't they ask me at the beginning? If I would have had a blind fold on, I would have been terrified, like I was in a very loud clunky coffin, but it would have kept my eyes from watering so bad. I am pretty sure that from being so chilled and all of that nose and eye watering, 2 days later I was sick with a cold. It was awful. I want to find a different mri place when I need one again. I wish they would find a better way to find out what is happening inside of us.

Take care. Your blog funnies make me laugh out loud.

yellowdoggranny said...

anonymous I think everyone should take a Xanax before going shopping..glad I made you laugh.
oh JimmyT, Tell Cindy T giving the goddess something shiny for her. I'm lucky, my tumors are benign and not big..so far...
Leanna, cujo is usually right on top of stuff,but he sure as fell dropped the ball on this one..glad I made David laugh.
Susie, judas priest a fan? that's insane. I'd punch someone.

Rad said...

Much like "Red Skies at Night; Sailors Delight"

"Xanax and Jack and will relax you right back!"

Rest up, Goddess. Rest up.

pam nash said...

I'm right there with you. The one and only time I was told I needed a MRI I told them - absolutely NO! Same reason - severe claustrophobia. They literally had be bring in an anesthesiologist to sedate me!

SickoRicko said...

I'm so sorry the trip was a bust!

wibble said...

I wish more places would invest in Upright MRI scanners - they're U-shaped and vertical rather than the horizontal tube, so you just sit in them while they work.

yellowdoggranny said...

oh Rad that's funny..I never heard that before..duh!!
I'm really resting up..I have the vacuum cleaner sitting in middle of the floor to use and well..it's still there.
Pam, I've always had versed...but we don't have anyone to do it..I see cujo tomorrow...we're going to have a come to Jesus meeting.
Rick, oh me too..it's way over a year and if those little fuckers are growing I sure want to know it.
Wibble I'd still need to be sedated..you close my head up? I'm out of there.

wibble said...

They're not a tube - it's like a chair that has the MRI coils arranged around it in a U-shape. You can see out.

They look like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjcY7qampyw

yellowdoggranny said...

wibble that link didn't work..