I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Tuesday, September 08, 2020

and the boats all sank

so, back in the 70's I lived in Austin, Texas..when Austin was really cool..Willie, Waylon and the Boys..me and Shady Lane driving on the Steiner Ranch high on cheap wine and jelly reds(downers)..chasing the deer off from the deer hunters who had rented deer blinds for an outrageous amount of money and were really pissed at us..Good times..So one sunny afternoon a neighbor who had a tiny sailboat that he kept  on Lake Travis said:" hey wanna get fucked up and go out on the boat?" .....Sure says I. So we ate some mushrooms dropped a little acid to even out the edges, grabbed a couple of bottles of cheap red and went out on Lake Travis in this tiny little boat..fucked up and drunk...I fell out of the boat but never lost my grip on my bottle of Wild Mountain Boone's Farm..AND WE NEVER SWAMPED OUR BOAT... them stupid assholes.
Just saying.....


































































10 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

Sounds like the kind of wild stuff I used to do. I grew up in Northern New Jersey which was pretty much farm country back then. Did some wild stuff like climbing a fence and jumping into a pool when I didn't know how to swim, but who cared. I had more than a few Rolling Rocks in me. Sometimes I look back now and am amazed that I made it with all the stuff I pulled. My fave Boone's Farm was Strawberry Hill.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh yes, the stupid things we did when young that could have got us killed. I cringe to think of some of my own idiocies.

Thanks for the laffs this morning, Jackiesue!

Jerri said...

Indeed all the boats sank. What assholes.
Lol I see we have much in common! Those WERE the "Good Old Days"! We were invincible...thank goodness. My concert adventures alone...yeah, the GREAT bands...should have killed me. Or left me impaired...hey,wait! I also was a fan of Red Jellys and 'shroomies so probably good I had no access to a boat 😱 There was much skinny dipping, however. My go-to Boone's Farm was...Apple. (omg)
Great ride this morning, JackieSue . The cats waking us up 😂
"...Apparently my property line isn't where I thought it was" 😂 😂 Pepsi shot out my nose on that one.
"Waiting to see if the world ends..." True.
Kids and animals know your heart. They don't care what your lyin' mouth says they cut to the chase. No dog would have you, donnie, they know a treasonous asshole when they see one. Now THEY know loyalty .
"Airgasms" I'm not the only one 🤗
"I'm an empath with a sociopath 'in charge' " 😱
I AM the first meme..."Just trying to live my life without losing my shit." Thanks for helping, JackieSue.

Valerie said...

Hah, love your boating saga! Thank goddess, no cell phones were around during that time to capture the cray. You have a masterful collection today, and I may borrow a few. Thanks, Jackie Sue!

yellowdoggranny said...

uh...well...see? I wasn't exactly a kid..I was about 35..
glad you all enjoyed the memes and the hop down memory lane..I repeated this story to my grands at my son's house Monday..they have never seen me drink..weren't really sure I did drugs..the look on their faces..it was like they found a mouse turn in the punch bowl..

Mr. Shife said...

I loved reading your story about your days in Austin, Jackiesue. It would have been great to drink cheap red wine with you.

yellowdoggranny said...

I miss those Austin days..sorta..my liver doesn't miss them at all..but I do miss the music, the people and just the times..oh and we would have had some good times.

wibble said...

'85 Mazda RX7, 110mph down the bypass, trying to make a hard left into a t-intersection on old crusty tires - swear to dog we slid sideways at least a hundred feet...

Jerri said...

You go, girl! Keep them wondering what ELSE they don't know bout grandma 😉

yellowdoggranny said...

Oh wibble..I woulda croaked. I was never a good passenger.
Jerri they have had enough people come up to them and try to tell Jackie stories and they're nonono.dont wanna know.