I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, May 29, 2006

DUBLIN, TEXAS.............115TH BIRTHDAY

Happy Birthday to my favorite city right after West, Texas. Dublin, Texas is as most of you know the only place left that makes Dr. Pepper, using the original recipe that made it my favorite drink when I was a kid...No Nehi for me...can't make me drink Coke, RC or that nasty Pepsi. Big Red was not my style...just my 10-2-4...Dr. Pepper. To celebrate its 115th birthday Dublin will have a festival and has put out a new book. Dublin, Texas is 125 miles southwest of Dallas, and has the oldest Dr.Pepper bottling plant in the world. It still uses cane sugar(not corn syrup) to sweeten the soft drink.The Road To Dr.Pepper, Texas by Karen Wright(State House Press $16.05)tells the history of the renegade bottling plant. Birthday events start June 9. You can contact them at:Dublin Dr. Pepper.com
Nectar of the Goddess....
If I ever win the lottery I am installing a huge fountain in the middle of town and have it stocked with the little 61/2 oz bottles of Dr.Pepper..I'm a Pepper....wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too....Years ago they had a great Dr. Pepper commercial that ran for a long time ...it was the Hunchback of Notre Dame with his hands tied behind his back, staked out on a dais in the center of town...he was miserable looking and after about 2 minutes he cried out"Dacta Peppa...Dacta Peppa..."...I was in tears..."someone for the Goddess sake....give the poor man a Dacta Peppa."...every since then I have been known in the family as 'she who crys like a baby at commercials'.It was art man..it touched me ...
I would go drink me a Dr.Pepper now..but am still on the 73 gallons of water a day diet.. Nancy said her Dr. said that women of our age(old) shouldn't drink more than 6-8oz. glasses of water a day as we could drown our liver..I figure if a quart of tequilla and a case and a half of Lone Star didn't drown the fucker...9 glasses of water wasn't gonna hurt me.
.Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too...Dr. Pepper...

fuckme at 10-2-4

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Just be careful, once we took Dad to the hospital thinking he was haveing a stroke or heart attack and it turned out that he drank enough water that it made his potassium level fall too low. Who knew that it would wash out in your piss if you drank too much water?

Scottish Toodler said...

OMG THAT IS WHY IT IS DUBLIN DOCTOR PEPPER!!! And yet I also remember that this is the second time you have explained it, I just keep forgetting!!! That book sounds great and now I definitely have to try some when I come to West Fest. There is a lot of cool stuff going on in Texas!! Can't yall kick Bush out? Where is the bra story. I have to find it, Babs said it was hysterical.

Nit Wit said...

I always liked Vernor's the best but they really messed it up when they started putting it in cans. The corn syrup just can't replace cane sugar.
The S sextet is slowly starting to solidify as a seriously sensational soliloquy of silly senselessness.
Ouch! I think I sprained my superego.

Donna said...

Mmm Dr Pepper...my favorite kind of pop!

Cassandra said...

I remember I always used to stop in Dublin, TX for Dublin Dr. Pepper on the way too or back from my step-grandparents at the holidays. Damn good stuff. Always picked up at least a 6 pack.

Hmmm.. with what Junebugg said, maybe eat a banana with that water.

BriteYellowGun said...

So THAT'S why you refer to "Dublin Dr. Pepper" all the time! I never understood that, just figured "well, that one of JS's quirks!" LOL!

Nancy said...

hahahahaha you crack me up! :) We really have to get together and swap stories.