I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

..............SNIPPETS FROM DAM NEWS..............

There are a bunch of those little t-tiny articles that I love so much in the Dallas Morning News...my favorite paper, next to the Texas Observer..
It's lik
e they are telling the news...but it the smallest print and stuck between the misprints and the Macy's sale ad..Here are a few little bits of interesting news...
"I
mean, you can't get a can of cream of mushroom soup at Whole Foods for .59 cents, or anything with Velveeta!"...Ann Spicer, lamenting the demise of her East Dallas Minyard's, which will be replaced later this year by the upscale organic grocer...
I don't know why...but that just cracked me up...I fell into the floor laughing....anything with Velveeta....whoooooshit!...that's funny..

"You are the most powerful country in the world, and you can't control your border with Mexico. How do you expect Syria to control our border with Iraq?" Syrian president Bashar al-Assad, on the prospect for closing down terrorist access to Iraq(ABC World News Tonight, Monday)



"We are telling the world that we don't deserve a state because we are murdering each other and destroying our universities, colleges, mosques, and hospitals. Today I'm ashamed to say that I'm a Palestinian."..Shireen Atlyeh, Palestinian mother of three, on the fighting between Hamas and Fatah.(Jerusalem Post, last Sunday.)


Senator:Take Texas justice international..
Austin--With so many non-violent Mexican citizens clogging an increasingly jammed Texas prison system, a state lawmaker thinks it may be time for Texas to set up its own prison in Mexico.State officials fear a looming crunch in Texas's prison system. As of Dec.31,8,058 Mexican nationals were among the 152,671 convicts in 110 Texas prisons. About half of those Mexican prisoners are considered nonviolent and would be prime to se
nd to a prison in Mexico, said Sen.Craig Estes,R-Wichita Falls. Texas prison officials won't comment on pending legislation, but Sen. John Whitmire, chairman of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee, put the idea on death row, saying it is "unconstitutional and unworkable."

Personally I think if you become an American citizen and commit a felony your citizenship should be revoked and your ass sent back where you came from...but then I'm an asshole ....

MAN ADMITS PROSTITUTION SMUGGLING..
A Mexican citizen pleaded guilty to smuggling women into the U.S. to work as prostitutes at brothels in 13 cities across the country, including
Dallas and Fort Worth.These brothels catered to illegal immigrants who paid $40 each to have sex with the women. Some of the women had sex with up to 40 men a day and none were allowed to leave the brothels on their own. They were moved weekly by bus or plane to other brothels operated by the ring across the country.

sigh*......There is more to the illegal immigration problem than some hard working family man wanting to do better for his family...Over 200 of the ones arrested in the country wide raid in Cactus and other places were arrested for identity theft..

This bit o
f news sorta made me laugh...then I felt bad about laughing at their hardship...then I said fuck it...what goes around ...comes around..to bite you in the buttinsky...
NO RACE FOR THIS "WHITE HOUSE"
Crawford, Texas..from wire reports...
Near the lone stoplight on Main Street, a for-sale sign hangs from a dusty window where a souvenir shop used to sell cufflinks, cowboy boots and denim shirts emblazoned "The Western White House."
Another gift store across the street is shuttered too, though a sign says it will reopen elsewhere. and the biggest souvenir shop In Crawford is reporting, a drop in sales.
Norma N
elson Crow closed her Crawford Country Style store three months ago.
"I feel
so strongly about the president that I wanted to continue to support him any way I could," she said. "But I'm distressed about the poll numbers and think it was a combination of things: that and the protesters."
Sales started to slide in 2005, as much as 20 percent in each of the first two quarters of 2006.
Ms Crow suggested that the anti-war demonstrations that Cindy Sheehan started in Crawford in 2005 have led some tourists to stay away.
Another possible reason given for the business downturn:Mr. Bush did not
visit his ranch in 2006 as often as he did.

Boo.....fucking Hoo...! Gee, do you think ONE of the reasons is that everyone thinks Bush is a lying, asshole and don't want to buy a coffee cup with I heart Barney on it..?????..
As I often say....the Goddess works in mysterious ways...

Or in the wo
rds of the great leader, teacher and friend of other Comic strips...Opus...."The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along and sticking things in it."....















8 comments:

Cassandra said...

I won't shop anywhere that doesn't sell stuff with velveeta in it. It's just not right. I feel her pain.

Nit Wit said...

Velveeta and Creme of mushroom soup are mana from the Gods.
A small town with one streetlight and several souvenir shops just shows that the owners think of nothing but money. They think, much like dogs that it will go on forever.
I still don't understand how anyone can still support that moron.
My mind is so open that the wind often whistles through it.

Anonymous said...

Outsourcing our prison system to Mexico...I can totally get behind that. Er, would they allow Velveeta in the prison?

texlahoma said...

All the ho's I knows says they've got to go, makin' prices too low!

I guess every industry is effected by cheap Mexican labor.

the rube said...

i wonder if that guy from syria came up the border remark by himself or muhammed gave it to him in a dream.

Ben said...

Hey stranger! I thought you quit my blog--good to see you again!

Yes, I know I've been lazy about comments too lately. I'm working on it.

Allan said...

It's actually against the law to call Velveeta "cheese". I'm surprised they can call it "food"..."product" is accurate.

That news about the drop in Dubya sales is good to hear!

Cie Cheesemeister said...

Velveeta--the cheese I love to hate. You can't make chili cheese dip without it and it makes the best grilled cheese sandwiches.