I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

....WORKING DOWN AT THE ....LIBRARY....

I worked at the library today so Henrietta could go to Austin, Texas as it was West, Texas appreciation day..It was pretty cool..except we had 2 teenage mavens who were my 'helpers'..which meant that after they shelved the books they wanted me to look up every book that Christopher Pike and various other juvenal authors...which left me no time to throw up my post on Don Imus...so this is my take on the whole Don Imus...'nappy headed 'ho's' fuckup..
So..it's ok, for every black rapper, hip hop singer to degrade, abase, abuse and insult black women.(including swiping a credit card between one of their butt cheeks).but it's not when it's 2 old white guys..well, fuckity fuck fuck fuck...I'm not sure what them rappers do with the money they make..but Imus raised over $30 million dollars for charities..built a 7-story pediatric clinic, runs a working ranch for kids suffering from Cancer and siblings that lost a brother or sister to sids..Plus...HE SAID HE WAS FUCKING SORRY... a lot...many times..as many times as it took...he has said worse...and will probably say worse again...but nothing he said, is nearly as bad as what Howard Stern says before he has his coffee..so all I have to say to the Rutgers basket ball team is...get over it and go practice your lay ups..As horrible as it is...Don Imus isn't going to be the last person to call you nappy headed or a ho...I bet big bucks that at least 3 rappers right now are writing songs about nappy headed ho's as we speak....I may piss some folks off with this one...

I wanted to let you all know that the West girls softball team won the District 12-AAA Softball Title....YEAH! And the boys baseball team is in first place in their district race...
Also we got 2 inches of snow..2 fucking inches of snow...wow..
Also we are having some excitement this weekend..We are having the 20th Annual Bluebonnet Cushman Scooter Run at the West KC Grounds..There will be approximately 200 vintage-type Cushman Scooters..They were built in Lincoln, Nebraska from 1936 to 1965. One guy in Waco owns 50-60 of them...I love Cushman Scooters..I remember them when I was a kid and wanted one so bad...I may go check that out..No admission charge and is on the other end of town...
Two inches of snow...wow!...fuckme till I go putt-putt..

8 comments:

Nit Wit said...

I agree with you about Imus. There is a huge double standard with what were referred to as trigger words in the human relations classes I had to take all through my time in the Air Force. I somehow get blamed for everything that someone did hundreds of years ago and can be called any offensive name that they feel like calling me but not the other way around.
The Boss puts up with all sorts of name calling and threats from the residents of the prison where she works but if she responds in kind she could be sued for everything she has or ever will have for violating someone’s civil rights.
That said I don't use those types of names either because I find them offensive. I read a little while ago that MSNBC has dropped their Imus show. That channel has been crap ever since they put Denis Miller on in a copy of Real Time with Bill Mahar. not long after 9/11.
In 1971 I owned a Cushman. It was a 1956 with a spare engine. I was on Cape Cod at the time and there is about 1 inch of topsoil with nothing but sand under it. I used to put those fancy dirt bikes to shame by just floating along on the sand while they got bogged down. I loved that two speed stick shift on the side of the fuel tank. Mine would do 60 in first and I never did top second gear out.
Put put put is exactly the sound it made.

yellowdoggranny said...

NITWIT: and that's not even counting the entire freedom of speech thing...if you don't like what someone on tv or the radio says...don't listen or watch..easy enough..when that one rutgers girl said "I'll be scared for life"..I wanted to say what some stranger says about you isn't going to scar you for life...I can think of 100's of things that could happen to you that would scar you for life, but being called ugly names isn't one of them...and yes I know verbal abuse CAN SCAR you..but one person calling you a bad name is not verbal abuse..it's stupid, thoughtless and for fucks sake..he has said over and over again ..he's sorry...i think he gets it..if not ..his loss..not ours..cause people will just turn him off...of all these people screaming and yelling how many actually heard it the first time with their own ears..and not second hand????
putt putt..I love them baby's..

john said...

too bad for imus. he's the victim of exaggerated reaction.i like watching him on msnbc in the morning . but now, that show is cancelled. i think he is gonna join stern in sattelite radio if cbs will axe his radio show too.

Cyberoutlaw said...

Imus is a veteran radio guy, and he knows how that game goes. It's political and these decisions usually have little to do with the issue at hand. But Imus has been saying things like this from day one, long before rappers were ever a part of the business. I remember listening to him on the local channels here in NY back in the 70's, and he was probably just as bad if not worse then. But I don't think anyone ever pegged him as a racist because you never got the impression that he meant it. It was always about ratings. Plus, he often attached his name to good causes. Personally, I think a stiff reprimand and a public apology are enough from a guy like Imus. Even on his best day, Imus isn't nearly as bad as the coast-to-coast eye-openers on talk radio, most of whom are dead serious when it comes to the subtle and not so subtle racial stuff.

Unknown said...

They tell me it's a "black thang" but being a nice shade of beige myself, I wouldn't know......

yellowdoggranny said...

John: I just caught the tail end of the news..but think they just said they fired Imus...well, fuck!..what happened to freedom of speech.??? oh well, he'll probably go to sirus, like you said...everyone is so fucking pc now...fuckem'..even the nappy headed ho's..
cyberoutlaw:..what a stupid mess...the rutger girls were on Oprah and she was all in a snit, and prasing the girls on how they handled themselves, and how they had made everyone in the entire united states soo proud of them, by the way they handled it...they can kiss my white ass...if sharpton had called the baylor girls a bunch of skanky ho's...eveyone would have yawned and gone on with their business...

the rube said...

i think there a lot of self important media and social commentators (sharpton and jackson) that make their living by making mountains out of molehills.

Josh said...

Well, he's officially a scapegoat now. Those who protested the loudest about him now say they're moving on to target rap and hip-hop... but we'll see.

We got about an inch and a half of snow this weekend... in freaking April. That's unusual, even in Tennessee.