I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

FROM THE IRISH NEWS

Last Updated: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 13:07
Body of Irish drug dealer found in Amsterdam canal
A dismembered body found in a suitcase in an Ams
terdam canal is that of an Irish man suspected of being a drug dealer, gardaĆ­ confirmed today.
The remains were found last month but DNA and fingerprint tests have only now identified the murder victim.
The 30-year-old man will not be named until relatives have been informed.
The victim, who was from Clondalkin, was facing drugs and gun charges in Ireland. He had skipped bail and fled to the Netherlands.
He had been previously charged after a €100,000 haul of drugs and firearms was recovered in Dublin.
The man was only identified after the authorities in Holland contacted the Garda for assistance.
Both police services are now co-operating to try and determine where the man was killed.
I have added the Irish News to my blogroll, they have some very interesting news...and some very serious ways of dealing with drug dealers..

13 comments:

Willym said...

My people know how to do it!

Oh dear I just realized by my people I could mean: the Irish, Canadians, Gays or Bloggers.

Let me be more specific: the Irish know how to do it!

yellowdoggranny said...

hahah, imagine what the irish/canadian gay bloggers could do...

Buzzardbilly said...

You do know how the Chinese solved their opium addiction problems, right? They killed all the addicts too. Wow.

Jan said...

If the druggies were more careful about not getting collateral damage, I wouldn't mind their eliminating each other.

billy pilgrim said...

those arsehole englishmen are always framing the irish.

(bhagwan shree rajneesh)

The Future Was Yesterday said...

Wow! I'm glad I found recovery before I found this bunch!:)

I found it interesting that WHO knocked the guy off was never disclosed. Vigilante group? Disgruntled cop? Pissed off wife?:)

McRaven said...

Hahahaha...loved this.

Willym said...

There was an incident two years ago on Grand Manan - an island in the Bay of Fundy where my brother lives. The locals got tired of a drug house on the island banded together burned the place down and ran the pushers off the island. Not that I approve of mob rule but there was only one policmean on the island and he had his hands full or tied by the law so the islanders took matters into their own hands. Guess that would be one Canadian response.

Heidi said...

Can you imagine stumbling upon a suitcase floating in a canal, thinking "Ooh, I bet there's money in there! Or jewelry! Or good stuff!" and then you open it, only to find dismembered body parts!! EW EW EW EW!

If I ever stumble across any abandoned suitcases in water, remind me not to investigate.

rosemary said...

figures he would go to/end up in Amsterdam.

texlahoma said...

Will they just bury the suitcase in the cemetery?

Sling said...

That's one way of driving the snakes out of Ireland!
St.Patrick would be proud.

Lilly said...

'Fine I'll rise but I wont shine', is now my new motto for those days I just dont want to get out of bed! Love these!