I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

SAMHAIN

Go Salt the dead, you close the veil
The changer of shapes
alone on hooves
Autumn's cold brings the pagan dead
Who seek the warmth of the Samhain fire
Do you want a paradise
Do you want a sacrifice
This is the night to feast and dine
This is the night to laugh at death
Go go
This is the night to feast and dine
This is the night to laugh at death
Do you want a paradise
Do you want a sacrifice
Salt the dead, you close the veil
The changer of shapes is
alone on hooves
And the autumn's cold
brings the pagan dead
Who seek the warmth of the Samhain fire
Do you want a paradise
Do you want a sacrifice
This is the night to laugh at death
This is the night to feast and dine
I found this list of songs in the paper and thought it was a good idea to copy/paste them so you could hear some soul scaring songs..
I don't expect you to sit there and play each one all at once..but can come back and check them out one at a time...now I'm off to pluck the fucker Dexter out of the tree and finish making the rest of the cupcakes I'm making for Halloween..Covered with spooky icing and candy body parts..whee..boo y'all.
DEAD SOULS BY JOY DIVISION(made sadder by the fact that singer Ian Curtis committed suicide with a year.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKe-lq8VZFo
IN GERMANY BEFORE THE WAR BY RANDY NEWMAN(about a child killer)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-34xJCI7MY
TIMOTHY BY THE BUOYS(is about cannibalism)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHRLWSk_Nzg
THE END BY THE DOORS (all of it.all 10+ minutes and has 'the end'...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHFK1yKfiGo
I PUT A SPELL ON YOU BY SCREAMIN' JAY HAWKINS(so don't mess with me)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kGPhpvqtOc
GLOOMY SUNDAY BY BILLIE HOLIDAY(Hungarian folk song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48cTUnUtzx4
DEVIL GOT MY WOMAN BY SKIP JAMES(demon is on the loose and betrayal is in the works)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtZ6DoeimP4
MY WALL BY SUNN O(done with a Poe-like narrative)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-EXt3FG8NM

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Joy Division but if I listen to an entire CD I get sad.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Samhain blessings to you, YDG, and to Dexter too!

Jan said...

You're going to climb the tree and get Dexter? Pictures please.

yellowdoggranny said...

rffs:I don't know them that well, but do like this song.
debra:going to have to lock dexter in the bathroom so he won't keep getting out..he's gotten out 2 times already and im tired of chasing his ass all over the apt. complex..im too old to be climbing trees.
jan;I'll get dexter to take the pictures.
billy:come on over I have cupcakes up the wazooo.

Blueberry said...

Have a great holiday! We are in our costumes. My husband is a skeleton and I am the "Dick in a Box" with Dick Cheney in my box and a Santa hat on. Boo!

Nit Wit said...

So Dexter is out looking for victims. The best thing to do with a cat in a tree is let it stay there until it gets tired and hungry. It will come down then.
Lots of music to listen to. I played the Doors and then played Riders on the storm from the web site. I guess I'll get to the others later.
Of course it may keep me from posting on my blog for a little while.

Unknown said...

Blessed Samhain to you too. This beats my rant about costumes and getting old!

Green tea said...

Lovin Gloomy Sunday..it sure fits this weekend..

rainywalker said...

YDJ,
Hell, I though we were getting ready for supper salting the dead and all. Guess I'll settle for this damn candy with the pins sticking out! Sort of like stuffed peppers with toothpicks. You just eat around them. I'm back till the guys at the VA find where I'm hiding out. They'ed never think to look in the ladies room!
rainy

yellowdoggranny said...

blueberry:next year I'm going to go as a holy shit...brown sack bottom with a halo.
nitty:its so great to have you back and posting..I actually listening to all of the songs when i put them on..some I'd never heard before.i liked most of them.
dexter is housebound till he learns to behave hisself..which means never.. i call him AH-2
for asshole 2.
june:that was a great post though.
greentea:that's a great song, but then anything by billy holiday is great.
rainy:so glad your back ..missed you.

Josh said...

WOW! You've totally posted links to some of my favorite songs. I nearly shit a brick when I saw you posted a link to a Sunn O))) video; they're pretty obscure. The Billie Holiday, Joy Division, and Doors ones are also favorites.