I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

things I over heard at Wolf's while watching the Cowboys game

a high pitched squeal and "Don't touch my weenie."...followed by ...(in the voice of dr. Frankenstein) "It's alive..it's alive."...

Pat W. who had cancer removed from his chest and nose with black eyes and band aid down the middle of his nose and still wobbly from anesthesia and beer was having difficulty getting up and down from the stool, was being told by Inky what he needed was one of those roundabouts with a lift on it so he could just pull up to the bar and raise it up to bar level...we were laughing and Inky said ...'then you go could to the grand canyon.'...

Listening to a guy explain to his girlfriend that it was just a joke the night before when he went to Burleson and picked up a girl he met on line(paid date) and brought her back to West and Wolf's for everyone to meet. She didn't seem impressed and they left soon after.

conversation about deer hunting...'did you mount it?....nah, my old lady gave me some before I left.'..

'Oh fuck here comes Bimbo'. wait..that was me..


"Oh, I hated to have to put her down, she was laying there on the ground with those big ole brown eyes, but she couldn't even get to her knees."...I asked ..'Are we talking about the wife again?'

me talking about the coach for Detroit who was haranguing the referees over a bad call.."someone change that baby's diaper."

There was more, but I'm old and I have the forgets...but it was a fun afternoon...I have no cable as all the cable boxes are being worked on and I had to watch the game. Inky made chicken taco soup and it was delicious. I was so stiff and sore from all the moving and unpacking that I almost fell off the bar stool when I got up to leave. I know they think I'm secretly drinking, they still can't believe that I haven't drank in 21 years.(anniversary Nov 9th)..shit..Dexter just bit me on the inner thigh...better let him out before he draws blood the next time.

9 comments:

CorvusCorax12 said...

sounds like fun afternoon...hope you feel like yourself again soon.

Jan said...

There are too many Raiders fans at sports bars around here. Actually there aren't that many, but they are sloppy drunks and have a lot to get drunk about.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Maybe she didn't get the jokes. ya think???
You have some great friends Jackie.

Congratulations on your achievement of not drinking for 21 years now.
Hope I get to say Congratulations to my daughter some day.
(((hugs)))

Charlene said...

That's cool about not drinking for so long. Think of all the money you save to spend on books!

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm telling you..an afternoon at Wolf's was as much fun as a day of tv comedy's..
I'll be back to my old self soon..too ornery not to ..

yellowdoggranny said...

oh the best part? when the game was over they turned the juke box on and played I WANNA BE A COWBOY by Kid Rock...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You would be such a hoot to watch a football game with, YDG! And by the way, are you feeding Dexter enough, LOL?

Congrats on your 21 years too -- very inspiring!

Miss Healthypants said...

*hee hee* Sounds like a fun crowd! :)

Intense Guy said...

Dexter is such a meanie. He was probably thinking "Its alive!"

Congrats on the 21 years.. you are now legal you know.. :)