I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, December 02, 2019

rest...yeah, uh no...

 Freya is my Goddess..I used to have a bumper sticker with a picture of her(like we know what she looks like) and it said :"If you can't lay 'em, slay 'em.."



Abby and 
 this is Abby and I at our annual Thanksgiving dinner that West has for the city every year..she has wanted to volunteer with me every year since she was 3..finally got to go with me..and she was wonderful..She would greet people at the door and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving..she went around checking to see if they needed more drinks or anything.She served the cranberry sauce at first and then she was so good at it they let her serve the green beans..people were coming up to me and telling me what a sweet girl she was..and what she was doing and saying..people were giving her a dollar for tips and she would give them to old people and say I'm sorry I can't take money for this..so I gave her $10 ..she has no problem taking me money from me. we served almost 200 togo meals and about 200 inside..we had turkey, ham, dressing, sweet potatoes, gravy, rolls and cranberry sauce. It was and always is great food..they start about Tuesday getting ready for it..I've volunteered every year for about 8 ??? years..missed one when I was sick..this is a free dinner..if you want to donate money you can..but basically..it's a gift from West to the citizens..makes me proud..






















































































7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good for Abby for volunteering at the dinner! You provide her with a wonderful example of community service, Jackiesue, and I'm sure it will inspire her throughout her life.

Satan saying to Trump: "That's right. You're the chosen one" -- EXACTLY! This one meme summarizes all the other memes about him, LOL!

pam nash said...

Good! Good, great, funny, scary, true. Thanks!

Valerie said...

Love it! Thanks, Jackie Sue! Have a great week

Leanna said...

Learning to volunteer is the best thing anyone could teach a child to do. She's such a cutie too.

Alison said...

LOL, I was scrolling down your post and saw your picture and started wondering how you and Abby ended up in a meme, D'oh! Then I saw the description of your Thanksgiving underneath. Sometimes I'm a little slow.

jono said...

Off to a good start for the week now.

yellowdoggranny said...

Debra I don't think I have ever been as proud as a mother or grandmother or great grandmother as I was Thursday..she was so great..I was beaming..and she was so blase about it..it was just who she was..and is..
I also don't know if America can recover from 4 years of trump.judas priest.
Pam..thank you and your welcome..
valerie..I hope to get some more down town..Jamie has the weekend off..will try and get some stuff done around here and get some rest.
I have pictures of both of us at the same age..and the resemblance is uncanny.
Leanne, she loves volunteering..going with me delivering meals on wheels..Olivia says volunteering is work with no pay..aha
Alison..I think I should make some memes of us.ha
did ya miss me Jono? haha