I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

James 'Slim' Hand


https://www.aderholdfuneralhome.com/obituaries/James-Edward-Hand?obId=14978616

anyone that has read ydg over the years and back before 'just memes' remembers me talking about James..this one rocked me to my core. Came out of nowhere and that' what made it worse..
I will cherish those memories of quiet talks, laughing at stupid shit, and well....rocking that trailer down at his mamas..He came into my life at one of the lowest points and got me thru it, by treating me kindly, respectfully and with gentlemanly affection. 
Goddess bless your sweet heart James..






7 comments:

Richard Fogleman said...

I love one of his quotes "Life gives me the songs, I just try to remember the words." So sorry this year has totally sucked for you! May we soon turn the page and start over.

yellowdoggranny said...

thank you Richard ..that's sweet..I do remember that quote..fits him too..
been driving around West all day playing his cd's and crying.such a schmuck

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your old friend. He sounds like a great guy and one that helped you on your way. Kindness, respect and gentlemanly affection are always the true mark of class.

yellowdoggranny said...

the losses are staggering ......

Valerie said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

yellowdoggranny said...

thanks Valerie..just got back from the viewing..signed the book walked in said sorry to the family turned around and walked back..couldn't look at him or the pictures..just too hard.

pam nash said...

Always devastating when we lose a close friend. As hard as it is, you have wonderful memories!