I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Sunday, June 07, 2020

put out to pasture..sigh*


So Monday and this coming Saturday will be my official ending of watching Abby and Dylan..except for every other Saturday..I will still have them come to gg's and spend night and we'll romp and play..but Abby will be going to summer camp and Dylan will be starting daycare..which scares the fuck out of me..but..he does need to be around other kids his age and learn how to deal with the world..but the plague still scares the living fuck out of me and I'm not happy..but it will be good to rest..and I'm bringing him and Abby to West Monday so I can show them off..no one but a few at pizza house and VFW have seen him..be fun to see him run all over pizza house ..
I've sorta prepared him for his next step ..he's got a vocabulary of about 25 words..and knows 3 words in sign language..plus he took the brace and nuts and screws out of his cribs leg the other day..put them back in and did it again just to prove to me he knew what he was doing..
he's so funny..if I ask him if he's wet he'll sorta squat and grab his crotch and say wet or no wet..if I ask him if he pooped he'll wiggle his butt and say poop or no poop..he also will come to me and wave his hand in front of his nose and go ack ack to let me know he's pooped..he also does a few quick chops with his hands and says kia..kia..he's a baby karate champ. I told Jamie if he comes home with a diaper rash or some kid bites him I was kidnapping him from day care and taking him to West. He's knows food, more and done in sigh language ..I'm working on mama and dada and sister next..and of course gg...
sigh...****** I'm sad but not much I can do about it..But I am 76 almost 77..and toting his little fat butt around was wrecking my legs..so it will be nice to be able to start driving for mow again if they need me..work on my pallet garden and have lunch at newly decorated pizza house..visit with friends..read....sigh*..again with the fucking sighs..
ok..that's it..will be sure and take pictures of our outing..love and kisses..... ole yeller..

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Aww, you'll miss 'em like crazy. And they'll miss you. In the long run, though, the memories of these days will be like gold to all of you. Live large, love life!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You've done a wonderful job looking after them and I'm sure it was a huge help to their parents. Enjoy having more leisure time now!

yellowdoggranny said...

I will miss them but it's not like I'll never see them again..and goddess knows I need the break...but damn..ha..
Debra, Jamie left the sweetest note on facebook for me saying I had got him off to a great start and no one but me and me alone did it.and she and tyler couldn't have done it without me..that was sweet..and true..haha..

pam nash said...

It's wonderful that you've been able to spend as much time as you have. That relationship will stay with him always.