West Public Library is having their annual book sale and Nancy who believes in the adage of $1 in the hand is worth more than $100 on the shelf, broke down and is selling all of the books Miss Henrietta has been stock piling for 25 years...holy shit..I spent $31.50 plus the $5 to be a friend of the Library...wait till you see what I got..
1.Down to Earth at Walden written and Illustrated by Marilynne K. Roach..worth aprx.$25.
2.The Gangs of New York an informal History of The Underworld by Herbert Asbury...worth..not sure..
3.A Short History of Rome and Italy by Mary Platt Parmele worth $15-$20
4. The Russian Alphabet Book by Fan Parker..aprx.$5
Around the World With a Camera. Leslie's Photographic Review of the Great War...worth from $100-$200
5.Martin Guitars a history by Mike Longworth(autographed in 1975 by the author...don't know worth yet..will google.
6.James Thurber 92 Stories..worth $25
7.The Crisis by Winston Churchill
8. Little Pictorial Lives of the Saints with a foreword by L.El Hostlot,Rector saying the Pope loved it..Pope Leo XIII that is.
9.Soldiers Three. The Story of the Gadsbys in Black and White by Rudyard Kipling.
10. Washington's Farewell Address and Webster's First Bunker Hill Oration..worth about $15
11.The Natural History of The Southwest edited by William A. Burns worth about $10
12. New Worlds. In Search of the Planets (including the Latest Uranus Discoveries).Heather Couper with Nigel Henbest worth about $10-$15
13.paper back copy of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by Ian Fleming.
14.Sybil, or the Two Nations by Benjamin Disraeli.
15. Don Quixote for Young People..written anew for young people by James Baldwin.
16. The Old Oaken Bucket by Bellamy Partridge
17. The Best of Clarence Day including God and My Father, Life with Father, Life with Mother, This Simian World and selections from Thoughts Without Words.
18. Comes the Comrade! by Alexandra Orme.
19. Shared Dreams Martin Luther King, Jr. and The Jewish Community.
20. The Real Jewish Worth by Stuart E. Rosenberg
21.Clues to Americans Past by the National Geographic Society.
22. The Innocents Abroad by Mark Twain
23. The Red Balloon by Albert lamorisse.
24. Vanishing Species by Time Life Books
25. All Out For the Sack Race! an album of cartoons by Robt Day
26. The Greatest Thing in the World by Henry Drummond
27. copy of the above ..different printing.etc.
28. As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
29.. A Loser is..... by Charlie Manna and Bill Majeski (I collect books on humor and by humorists/comedians, etc.)
30. The Roof Of Africa by David Coulson.
31. The World's Vanishing Birds by Cyril Littlewood
32. A Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne.
I'm so excited I don't know if I should shit or go blind.
I love books...and some of these books I have been wanting to get my hands on for years...When I walked out of the library with the 2 boxes of books..I could hear Miss Henrietta spinning in her grave..
I have Sunday off, and it's not supposed to rain..don't get a day off till Wed. but that's ok with me.. I like having Sunday off..Sunday and Monday's were always my days off, that way I could watch the Cowboys if they played on Sunday and if they had a Monday night game...
I told Thom I wanted to ask now before everyone else got their request in for Labor Day Weekend off as I am having guests coming down for Westfest..He laughed and said you will have probably quit by then or killed James and be on trial for his murder...I have made a habit of zinging James at every chance I get..and he just laughs...He said he wouldn't get a raise again for about 2 years. I said and the rate he was going...it'd be 3 years..
Then yesterday he was giving us a litany of video games he likes to play...I said well, now it's official, your a geek.
He just laughs and laughs...Thom and Inky are just shaking their heads...Thom has actually gone out of his way to schedule us on different shifts as he's afraid I'm going to snap and bip him into a coma. But not to play favorites I had to zap Inky too. He was drinking this God-awful jolly rancher drink and I looked at it and told him it looked like cinnamon douche..
The machine that you use your credit card on takes for fucking ever to work...After waiting and waiting and waiting, it finally popped up..I read it and said to the lady .."Well, your credit is good, but you have an over due library book, and it's time to take your dog in for his shots."...I like amusing my customers...Some one will come in and ask where something is...like the round cake pans..and I will tell them it's in the round cake pan department..
Did I mention I get tomorrow off?...sigh*
Maryjo has called twice in two days to inform me that it's 87 degrees and she's sweating..People in San Francisco are freaking out over their 'heat wave.'...It's been in the 80's here too...and thank the well endowed Goddess, no rain is forecast...
My ass is dragging....bu'bye
oh ...almost forgot ..the Lady Trojans are in the playoffs, and areunbeaten in district..and the boys are in 3rd place so far...we're bad...yes, we're bad..We also had our annual Bluebonnet Run last Saturday which is when all the owners of Cushman's race around town...
We also had a Main Street cleanup for down town..Every one came and cleaned up 4 blocks of Main Street. Picking up trash, weeding, planting flowers, etc. Eventually they will do the entire down town area...I was going to help but that is the day I worked at the library...
Plus April 15th at the West Community Center the West area democrats are having a grass roots meeting..I keep meaning to go and never do and have to work till 8 that night so don't know if I'll be able to make it..so many things to do....so little time...