I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

DAM NEWS AND STUFF





First of all..my idea of hell....'if I was locked in a room with Paul Dean and Rachel Raye..'Between the two of them, I don't know which has the most annoying voice..I just know that I can't stand to listen to them talk..it hurts my ears..I do believe that Paula Deans voice is the most obnoxious...and her laugh makes me want to search her out and bitch slap her into a coma..and I found this quote by Tallulah Bankhead that I rather enjoyed:"My Daddy warned me about men and whiskey.He never said a word about women and cocaine."

In my DAM News there was an article about the new bill boards that are going up in and around the Dallas area, put up by the Dallas Stars(Hockey team)..one of them says:"The only thing our refs shave is the ice." There are five of them up now and most of them use clever phrases to focus on the aggressive nature of the sport. One bill board says "One game a week? Is the N in the NFL for Nancy?"...Another says:"Maybe baseball should stop using the word sacrifice."

I think it is pretty funny...with the basketball refs betting on games and all..they said the funniest ones ended up on the cutting room floor.Stars president Jim Lites said they avoided taking a swipe at Michael Vick. I would have nailed his ass to the billboard..

Then there was the article about the kid who is a senior at Hilliard Davidson High School who got 3 days of in-school suspension and banned from extracurricular activities for a semester for going to a football game and convincing the other team fans to hold up assorted and different cards..Telling them the message would spell out Go Darby for the Hilliard Darby High School...What they actually spelled out was:




WE SUCK

I thought that was pretty funny too...people don't have a sense of humor anymore..

I wish I had the money to take a trip to Dallas and the cash($26-99) to see the Smothers Brothers, one of my all time favorite groups..I have had a crush on Tommy Smothers since the summer they had their TV show...The funniest show on TV at the time, but they fell afoul of the censors and got shit canned..They did a great review of the show and said they did one bit where one asked the other why anyone would boldly, baldy lie, and the answer was:'national policy'...Some day before I croak..I wanna see them in concert..I have 2-3 of their album.

The weirdest thing I read in my DAM News is the story about a Catholic Church is offering a confessional booth fashioned from recycled doors for those who want to make a "green confession.'

"It is not, I hope, blasphemous to do this," Anthony Sutch, a priest in Suffolk, told the Times of London."I do not think it is.It is just an attempt to make people conscious of the way they live."Graham Elliot said the confessional booth would give people the chance to reflect on their behavior...Hmm, if George W went to confession there..well, he'd be there a long...long...long...time..bastid.

Well, Westfest is in full swing...Had to go out today to get some batteries for my wall clock and remote..took me 30 minutes to make my way to the $ store which is less then a mile from my place...traffic is already starting to back up on the road to the Fest...Oh well, it makes money for the town..Also I have 2 refrigerator magnets for Westfest, West Texas...first 2 people that ask for them and want them I will mail them to you..

Back to my TV and reading...one more day and they will all be going home...yeah!

8 comments:

mckait said...

hey jac.

sorry to be mia, but work is interfering with my free time again.

I agree with you about the smothers brothers.. lol good show!
And I also agree with you that people do not have a sense of humor anymore..( no common sense either)
hope you are well..
k

mckait said...

Oh, and your grand girls are gorgeous!

They are also very fortunate in their choice of grannies

Nit Wit said...

I read this early this morning and enjoyed it but then when I started to thunk up my comment it was so boring I fell asleep in my recliner.
Not your post my comment.
I am surprised though, you didn't mention the Dallas Cowboys once.

Bless me Father for I have recycled... :)

the rube said...

i've never heard paula dean but she must be real bad to give that rachel ray a run for her money.

Heidi said...

Ooh. So another thing we have in common. Dislike of Rachel Ray!!! I CANNOT stand her. She thinks she's so damned cute.

I always think, "Isn't her 15 minutes of fame up yet?"

Rainwolf said...

Apparently I'm a pervert. I focused on your need to go out in traffic for batteries for your "remote".
Love the We Suck joke, and too many people don't have a sense of humor these days.

Cie Cheesemeister said...

They should put Vick on the ice and have the players skate by and take a crack at the puck that's balanced on his nose.

yellowdoggranny said...

kath:glad your back and was so good to talk to you yesterday..my company stayed for hours...grrr!
thanks for the compliment on my girls...
nitwit:ahh, your comments are sometimes better then my posts...and wait till next thursday when the boys have their first season game..we're riddled with injuries and a qtbk coach who got banned for 4 games and finned $100,000 bucks for taking it..damn..
naps are good
rube:she's some southern lady about my age..got the pufey hair and an alabama or georgia accent..the worse kind..not sweet and soft like most alabama and georgia accents..more like west texas..and damn..she hurts my ears..
HMHH:oh man...she is a audio pain in my ear..and her only redeeming quality is she owns a pittybull dog..
rainwolf;snort..hope you got my reply email by now..snort* giggle..
cheesey: i have a picture of vick in uniform on the field on his hands and kneews and a german shephard hummping him from behind..great picture..