I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

AAAAAAAAAAAAACHOOOOO

Yes, I received my new Vanity Fair magazine....filled with all the perfume samples....Sat down in my chair to read it and started sneezing right off the bat..damn perfume samples...had to go through the magazine to tear out all the samples...they make me sneeze..and sneeze and sneeze..toss in a couple of pees between the sneezing and you had my morning..
It was worth it ...VF has the greatest articles...of course to get to these great articles you have to look at scores of skinny bitches wearing next to nothing pushing products of designer clothes, cars, watches, jewelry, vacation spots, push up bras, thong panties, over priced shinny new cars and other objects of desire that are way out of the price range of 90 % of the American population...but that is a whole 'nuther blog..
There is a portion of a book,( coming out this month by Charlotte Chandler called The Girl Who Walked Alone).about Bette Davis...and it is really good and will want to read it ...I always admired her and thought she was such an excellent acctress. They don't make them like her anymore.
Ass kicking article on Grace Metalious the writer of Peyton Place...very interesting...She was hell on wheels back in a time (50's) when women wore aprons, stayed home and took care of the family..
Dominick Dunne is stll cracking out articles on rich folk....this one was on the wives of Billionaires that have been arrested or jailed on fraud charges or white collar crimes.. Like I'm going to feel sorry for those rich bitches ...fuckem...
Does anyone remember Warren Beaty's Reds, movie abou communism? There is an article about the movie and Warren and Jack and Diane..Pretty interesting, but really would rather they kept their articles on something within the past 25 years.
One of the great things I love about Vanity Fair is that they think Forest Gump is an asshole too..and this month James Wolcott hauled his ass through the coals..huh huh..The magazine is worth the $4.50 for that alone...Plus the great article and pictures of Tom Ford's Hollywood..The pictures are pretty cool...nice shot of Angelena Jolie's butt crack and Scarlette Johansson's too for that matter....
So all and all I was very happy with my first VF and am looking forward to my next one...

6 comments:

Beansidhe said...

Ooh I just LOVE Bette Davies! She was just the bestest bitch ever. She could even smoke bitchy :) Apparently she was a pretty good bitch in real life too. I can't remember which actress she was supposed to have been speaking about, but she said as this actress entered the room; "Oh look, here comes the good time that's been had by all" *giggle*
All About Eve is one of my favourite films, as is Whatever Happened To Baby Jane.

Normy said...

Grace Metalious sounds like an interesting person... hmm I'm going to have to read some of her stuff.

Unknown said...

You know you can request to have magazines sent to you sans the perfume samples. : )

Unknown said...

You know you can request to have magazines sent to you sans the perfume samples. : )

Clance' McClannahan said...

You can send me the samples I love em...
Please go here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ChurchoftheGreatOval
and join The Church so we can get you initiated....
Muah ha ha....

BriteYellowGun said...

And don't forget, a couple of good pictures of that oh-so-hot Tom Ford! I have had a crush on that man for the last 15 years, even before his hairline started to recede. Why wasn't he naked on the cover like the two girls?