I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, March 03, 2010

HEART OF TEXAS SNAKE HANDLERS(837)

I've lost count of how many of these fuckers I've done and can't remember if I posted these pictures already either...I've gone rattlesnake loco. I don't know these 2 dudes. But I do know that the dude having the make out session with the Cobra has been bitten by a rattler and has the ugly scar to prove it. Oh...and Mike has been bitten by a rattler snake too. Fucking near died. Yeah, I thought Sarah was going to kill him. (by the way ..Babs had to down load these pictures (over 70 of them) and then put them into emails and send them to me..the emails weretitled..: 'fucking pictures 1..more fucking pictures, your readers are going to kill you, I'm going to kill you. redum. More fucking pictures.)
So everyone say thank you Barbara.

See how the Cobra is looking at his shirt..I think he has his hand there, keeping it's attention..some Cobras will not fall for that and will look straight up ...they don't last long in the pit..No one wants to work with a Cobra that looks up all the time.

Excuse me...while I kiss this guy.


Now he's just fucking with the snake so you'll think he's macho and has brass balls..It's good show.





I think if I could read a Cobra's mind it would be something along the lines of..."Come on...a little closer...just a little closer...there you go...just a little more..ahhh, come to Papa you Riki Tiki Tavi wanna be."

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gawd, I haven't thought of Riki Tiki Tavi in years! We had to read that in school. Thanks for all the rattlesnake lore and photos!

Nit Wit said...

It's only a small Black snake. Maybe 3 feet.
Thanks Babs! I bet you didn't kiss any snakes.
The Jackrabbit roundup was a big chicken wire fence they set up and drove the bunnies toward. I don't remember what happened after that. I think it was used to clear them out so they wouldn't eat all the grass needed for the cattle. I think there was a snake roundup done at the same time.
It was a long time ago that I saw that. maybe the late 60's
You better not tell The Boss. I don't have the money or energy to move right now and she never goes down there anyway.
I don't go down there now as there are about 6 inches of ice on the outside steps. It would be nice if the landlord would put up the gutters he promised 3 years ago.

tsduff said...

Those guys are crazy. Truly~

Intense Guy said...

Umm.. Thank you Barbara.

:)

I don't think I want to get this close to a snake - not that I'm afraid of 'em... I just don't want in my grass.