I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Friday, January 19, 2007

.......WEIRD SHIT I THINK ABOUT.......

I have spent a lot of time the past few days going through my books, figuring out what goes, what stays, what to do what to do....while digging through the books my mind wanders and weird shit pops into my head....I wonder...does James Brown still feel good...like I knew that he would..??? Does Kinky Friedman feel any guilt at all for serving up Texas to the republicans for another term because of his big ass ego to run for Governor?
What the fuck was I thinking
when I decided to use that ^ font?
What made me think I needed 25+ books on foreign language dictionaries...? Anyone need a dictionary in Greek, Portuguese,Vietnamese, Hungarian, Polish, Finnish,Russian, Japanese,
German, Italian, French, Mandarin Chinese, Arabic, Swedish, oh and another book on Greek and Mandarin Chinese...? I also have a book on Extinct Languages...that comes in handy on a regular basis..I have autobiography's on Truman, Hemingway, the Roosevelt's, Yukio Mishima, Duke Snider,Mickey Mantle,Roger Staubach,Jerry Kramer,and a book called 'About Three Bricks Shy of a Load
'..about the Pittsburgh Steelers..I have over 30 books on horoscopes, paranormal,astrology, and religion..I have books on wring for newspapers, fiction, non-fiction, and just writing in general..I have books on handwriting analysis and books on every country you can think of ..I have travel books, one I just found out is rare and worth some bucks...The Jerusalem Jesus Knew...Books by Shakespeare,Milton, Longfellow, Tennyson, and H. Allen Smith...sigh..
Think this weekend I will post a list of some of them and prices and see if anyone is interested in buying them...Have a great great book in not perfect condition.....Asimanov's Chronology of Science and Discovery.
A perfect condition goes for about $50...but mines not perfect...but what a book
...Books on movies, directors, Soap Operas, the Oscars, and a book on the Addams Family TV series...sigh* all...have to go...
Just no room in this apt. for all these books..My kids have let it be known that they don't want any more books...soo...will see what I can do to thin out the boxes..


'FROM THE ROCKIN' OF THE CRADLE TO THE ROLLING OF THE HEARSE, THE GOIN' UP WAS WORTH THE COMIN' DOWN.'
from "The Pilgrim" by Kris Kristofferson.

I read this in the paper today and not sure I know how I feel about it..T
he son of 'The Bip Bopper'....(to you young squirts, the Big Bopper was one of the three that died in that plane crash along with Buddy Holly and Ritchie Valens..you know ..the day the music died.)
is going to have his daddy's grave dug up and have a forensicx anthropologist to try and answer some questions about how his daddy died in the crash...There has always been questions as they found a gun in the field after the crash and while the pilot, Buddy and Ritchie were found in or by the plane..The Big Bopper was found nearly 40 feet from the plane..Jay Richarson the son wants to know if maybe his father survived the crash and was going for help when he died....Well, what fucking difference does it make? It's not going to bring him back to life. I remember the day I heard about the crash and the death's of Buddy, Ritchie and the Bopper...I was sick with some sort of lung infection and living in Houston with my aunt Leola(the one that is 85 and still packs a gun) and it broke my heart..cried for days...So I'm not crazy about the fact that they are going to dig up the Bopper and bring all that back again..so sad...

Was going to post the lyrics to Chantilly Lace, the Big Bopper's big hit..but couldn't get it to post..rats..google them...
fuckme till I have a wiggle in my walk and a giggle in my talk...




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spoken
Hello baby, yeah, this is the Big Bopper speakin
hahahahahaha
Oh you sweet thing
Do I what
Will I what
Oh baby you know what I like

Chorus
Chantilly lace had a pretty face
And a pony tail hanging down
A wiggle in her walk and giggle in her talk
Made the world go round
Ain't nothing in the world like a big eyed girl
That make me act so funny, make me spend my money
Make me feel real loose like a long necked goose
Like a girl, oh baby that's what I like

Spoken
What's that baby
But, but, but
oh honey
But, oh baby you know what I like

Chorus

Spoken
What's that honey
Pick you up at 8 and don't be late
But baby I ain't got no money honey
hahahahaha
Oh alright honey you know what I like

Chorus

Just thought I would help you out for those who don't know what you are talkin 'bout.
Definately one of my favorite songs :)

Anonymous said...

I know what ya mean about the books, I've got em stuck and stacked in every spare space in the house. I don't even know what all I have so it's like a treasure hunt every time I dig through the dusty tomes.

Anonymous said...

do you ever think bout using eBay? people buy anything and everything :) if not, I may be interested in some! :P

Unknown said...

Going through stuff is a trip down memory lane. Sorting books into keep/discard is one of my most painful experiences (One - and not the MOST painful).I'm a book addict, also. I can relate.

Re: Asimanov - is that a typo? Is it Asimanov or Asimov? As in Isaac? I would be interested in the book; I can always squeeze one more in somewhere in this dinky apartment. How much do you want for ir?

Re: the Bog Bopper. Odd how certain events fix in our minds the where and when of ourselves at the time. I was coming off 11-7 duty at a Beaumont hospital and making final rounds before finishing charts and giving report. As I checked on a male ward, some of the patients already awake and listening to the radio told me of the tragedy. Got the night/day shift nurses in a tail spin; Big Bopper was very popular in those parts. I agree with you about exhuming the body.

yellowdoggranny said...

ol lady: oh man..thanks so much..i couldnt get blogger to download it at all, tried 5 different times..oh baby, you know what i like....
junie:welcome back ...i have missed you..how are your balls..er..your honey's balls...well, you know what i mean..
yeah, i keep finding books and going...what the fuck? i didn't know i had this...
tina: i have used ebay before..and not happy with it..books dont sell fast on ebay and all the nickel and diming they do sometimes you don't make all that much...
worried:yup I meant Asimov..my fingers were doing the happy dance..I am going to do a post next with a list of books and the prices...
yeah, Beaumont was his home town wasn't it..? hate to see them dig him up...unless they thoght he was shot or shot someone...why bother..so sad..

Anonymous said...

There aint nothing in the world like a big eyed girl, she makes me act so funny makes me spend my money...oh yeah!

I guess the rich have nothing better to do then dig up old bodies. Damn I would haunt my kids if they ever did that.

Anonymous said...

The day the music died...

I've always wondered why he was called the "Big Bopper."