I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

.......OM THE HILL COUNTRY.......

Not much excitement, although Bolish and I did get haircuts...I again look like a little short fat dyke...Bolish looks pretty dapper...the guy who cut our hair is an American Indian and at first when I saw him wielding his scissors with reckless abandon, I though.."Oh, fuck!..he's going to scalp us."But he really did a good job..and only $22 for both of us..I tipped him $7.00...all I had 'cept for a $20...The guy asked Bolish if he wanted his eyebrows trimmed(he looks like an owl)and he said "Hell no, I'm not a woman."...Everyone seems to think that me and ole Bolish are a pair..it tickles Bolish and so to make him feel even better I tell everyone he's my sugar daddy.....he cracks up...
We went to the library today..and a nice little library it is...they have a chick flick night once a month...they show a movie with popcorn and tell everyone to bring pillows, blankets etc and plenty of Kleenex...this month they are playing Casablanca ...every Saturday they have kiddie films from 10:30am to noon..same deal..what a great idea..(the only movie theater is in Marble Falls about 15 miles away)
I couldn't get a card as I don't have anything with my name on it with the address, so Lane is going to mail me a blank envelope so I can get a card..but they allowed me to check out paperbacks..which I thought was a cool thing...
Bolish and Blake have the nicest neighbors..the couple next door are great about coming over and sitting with Bolish while I run to the store..although mostly I like to take him with me as he enjoys it so much..even took that yippy fucking dog Skipper too...The couple that are catty corner across the street are really nice people with two beautiful shelty type dogs..Diane and Jack are republicans but are saved from being lumped into the pile of republican assholes by declaring they think Bush has his head up his ass too...They have been so much help since I have been here..I baked a peach pie yesterday and took 2 big pieces of pie to them each as a thank you...Didn't have a recipe as I was using splenda..so just sort of made it up as I went along...I think it turned out OK...I ate a small piece and it was a tad tart for me, but really, it tasted pretty good..
If they still have Bing cherries on sale, think I will make a cherry pie...I LOVE homemade cherry pie..cherry's are my favorite fruit..
We have had sooo much rain all over Texas..3/4 of Texas is under water...I swear if I see one locust or a frog drops out of the sky,I'm running for the hills and taking up the old time religion..Well, the yippy fucking dog is yipping and have to get up and let him in...Hope all is well in your world...it's wet here..
fuckme till I'm wrinkled as a prune..

16 comments:

BBC said...

Umm, I have cut my own hair for years. And I trim my own eyebrows also. And I shave everyday. Otherwise I would just look like any other monkey.

A little rain here for a few days but I'm thankful for it as it brings life here. It was a beautiful day today though.

I've been through Texas a number of times. I can't really picture it soaking with rain, interesting.
Hugs.

Mouthy Girl said...

I wish you could take a picture of Bolish's eyebrows for me. I know it's weird, but eyebrows have the strange ability to make me stare. *shrugging*

You've inspired me to make a cherry cobbler later this week. They're all over the place here and are screaming for me to eat them. Who cares about poundage? I think I lost enough with the food poisoning debacle!

I think you and Bolish should go to movie night together!

Heidi said...

Yeah, I don't mind the Republicans who despise Bush and the Religious Right. Heck, I don't even mind the rich Republicans. It's the hypocritical born again ones that hate just about everyone I can't stand.

Allan said...

Mmmmmm....pie. Me hungry but got nuthin' but plague critters...
Frogs and locusts aren't very good as pie. They are better served as quiche.

AngelConradie said...

hellooooooooo... am checking out my fellow schmoozie blogger awardees!
i would love to try the peach pie, don't get me started on the freaky weather!

AngelConradie said...

hellooooooooo... am checking out my fellow schmoozie blogger awardees!
i would love to try the peach pie, don't get me started on the freaky weather!

the rube said...

nice tip!

you can tell a lot about a place by visiting the library.

more cowbell said...

Damn, I seriously can't even imagine pitting all those cherries and making a pie from scratch. Hats off to you.

yellowdoggranny said...

bbc:well, texas with this much rain is a very beautiful thing...everything is green and lush and it's really wonderful..that is if your not standing in water up to your ass.
buddha_girl:..bolish would just sleep through the movie..that's what he does..sit in his recliner and sleep...he eats..he sleeps and he wanders around talking to the yippy skippy dog...was going to make cherry pie.but went from $1.99 a lb to $4.99 a lb..so just got more peaches and sugar free candy...
HHMH:yah, for republicans they are really cool and nice people...she thought it was hysterical that jance asked me if i was a christian and even funnier that im a pagan and told her so...
allan:too bad you were not here for it ..it really did turn out good..hmmm. frog quiche...
hey angle:welcome back...will drop by and say howdy..

Cie Cheesemeister said...

It would be nice to have neighbors like that. My neighbors and I are on friendly but distant terms. We say hello and don't bother each other. The guy next door mows my lawn for five bucks and drains and sets up the swamp cooler for 25.

Nit Wit said...

I haven't had a haircut in about 16 months. I shave every week or so, and I trim my eye brows when I start having trouble keeping my glasses in place.
I dislike peach and cherry pie. Give me apple or blueberry any time.
Still, you gotta watch that place Republicans and Jesus freaks. The FBI is signing up informants now.

yellowdoggranny said...

cheesey:in texas the neighbors are either really friendly or pains in the ass..but then that's like most places i guess...these are really nice people..the guy that mowed the front,back, side and weeded and blew grass charged $20 ...far out!
Nitwit:who wouldathunk you weren't a peach or cherry pie fan..blueberry is great..i have a recipe for a gramham crust, cream cheese/lemon filling with blueberry on top with whipped cream on top of it..it's so good it will make you weep...
the christian lady thought i was the daughter and called lane and commented on your daughters wisdom...cracked lane and i both up..

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, there you go talking about food again!

You poor Texans, you are either dried out or drowned!

BBC said...

I don't give a crap what kind of pie it is, they are all good. Share the pie and no one gets hurt. :-)

yellowdoggranny said...

mimi: 44 counties are declared disaster areas...sad..makes for some great peaches though..
BBC:pie r round...cornbread r square..pie r good with blue bell ice cream...yupper..

Jan said...

From news reports and your blog it sounds like the whole state of Texas is getting the rain we would love to have. We haven't had rain since March.