I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

GODDESS BLESS YOU ONE AND ALL


I feel like hammered shit!.Happy, but hammered shit none the less. I made 3 pecan pies yesterday and roasted 4 chicken breasts. Today I made a chocolate cream pie and 2 pumpkin cheesecakes. One for me and Babs tomorrow and one for Inky. The pies were all bribes for the crew at Dollar General. They are having a block buster sale tomorrow and they only have like 1 or 3 of the big ticket items..So by bribing everyone with the pies it got me all of the things I want in a basket and stored in the office for me when I get there at 7 a. m. Am I sneaky or what. But oh my...such hugs I got today. Jennifer and Stacy were jumping up and down off the ground..customers were cracking up laughing..They even hugged Babs and she's going I didn't bake any thing, I'm just the ride. They didn't care they were hugging everyone..I felt bad because I was going to bring the Chocolate pie for Stephanie tomorrow morning but she looked so sad cause everyone had their pie and she didn't. So I went home and whipped it up and took it back to her. Stopped by Family Dollar to get some stuff for Nitty's kids and grand kids and was telling Inky about it and his face kept getting longer and longer and I said oh fuck my pumpkin cream cheese makes 2 I'll bring you one of them..Ha.
I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving...Babs and I are volunteering at Senior Center, well I am and if Babs is up to it she will too. But I'll eat there at 11 and if she doesn't go will bring her back a dinner. Then at 3 when the motherfucking Cowboys play I will heat up the roast chicken breast make the fresh yams into candied yams with brown sugar and pecans, fresh green beans with red potatoes and bacon and crescent rolls. Finished up by the pumpkin cheese cake..Well, I have to whip up my whipping cream for the topping of the cheesecakes..so I'm off..I love you all and when I think of what I have to be thankful for you are all on the lists..jacsue

21 comments:

sageweb said...

Happy Turkey Day to you!
WOw your pie making has made me incredibly envious! But you are a smart cookie with the bribing.

Ted McLaughlin said...

That sounds like a real feast. Now if the Cowboys will just do their part.

Happy T-day, YDG!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, you're like the Thanksgiving Fairy, spreading love and pies everywhere! Actually, your pies sound dee-lish and so does the Thanksgiving dinner you're planning for yourself tomorrow. I hope the Cowboys come through for you! Happy Thanksgiving, YDG!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I couldn't help but notice that Dexter didn't make your "thankful for" list. An oversight, I'm sure.

yellowdoggranny said...

oops..yes i am thankful for that little hairy bastid..he makes me laugh while im cussing him..

Buzzardbilly said...

When I saw that the Cowboys are on tomorrow the first thing I thought was: Them fuckers bettered win or they're just going to poop right on Jackie Sue's Thanksgiving!

On being thankful for Dexter, you know as well as I do that you must've always been drawn to the tough to tame fellas. I know I was...still am...married him...still totally not tamed.

Life's too short for boring.

Buzzardbilly said...

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Jan said...

My son and I will be doing our traditional Thanksgiving: pizza and football. It took several years until everyone finally left us alone.

Have a great Thanksgiving.

Intense Guy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! :)

You made a ton of people happy and thankful with those pies - in fact you may have made a bunch of people a 'ton more'.

I just hope the 'boys don't give ya a heart attack tomorrow - opps... being it's 1 AM.. I should say later today.

TheWayfarer said...

That label's a riot! *LMAO!*

If tradition holds Ted, the Cowboys will be playing the Lions, so they'll win.

Unknown said...

Pumkin cheesecake is the best.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving.

Green tea said...

Pumpkin cheese cake..OMG you are killing me!

Anonymous said...

You are such a good egg Jackie! I'm thankful for you...not just today, but every day. Happy Thanksgiving.

billy pilgrim said...

the nfl served up a turkey for the cowboys with the sad sack raiders.

enjoy the killing!

Rainwolf said...

Everything sounds great. Happy Thanksgiving!

Heidi said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Jackie Sue!!! I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy all the Black Friday deals tomorrow. It will just be John, his twin brother, and me this year because my parents are desperately trying to harvest their soybeans (usually, they're done by Halloween, but it's rained constantly this year!) Also, I won't be able to make it to all the doorbuster sales tomorrow because I have to work since I had the H1N1 for two weeks and used up all my PTO, but I'm still in really high spirits because we have so much to be thankful for! Hope you and your family/friends have a blessed day! XOXO, Heidi

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm pooped....sigh*..details later.

Willym said...

Wish you could UPS me some of that pumpkin cheese cake. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and hey - no wonder your tired.

Nit Wit said...

More gifts for the kids. I keep telling you to save that money for yourself. Just think of all the extra pies you could make.
I think you ought to start giving Babs cooking lessons. You would have all the stories you would ever need for your blog and provide a lot of fun for Babs.
Have a happy Thanksgiving thou I think the best that could happen to the Cowboys is if Oakland was to get lost and never find the stadium.
That pumpkin cream cheese pie (or cake?) sounds like the best of all worlds. Wish I had the secret recipe.

Sling said...

Happy Thanksgiving Doll!

Josh said...

Ah, the "Pie Strategy" paid off then! I will have to remember this next time I need to get an elusive item or two.