I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

WEST, TEXAS NEWS 6/2/10

Well, the Trojans lost by 2 runs. So they're out of the running..But the Lady Trojans are right in the midst of the playoffs. Play Thursday at 7 p.m. I am going to listen to it on the radio..I'm so pumped.


See my squash?...Guess what? I got a squash off of it. You can't tell, but under neath all them big ole leaves is a bunch of blossoms. I'm so excited. I grew a fucking squash..ha! Take that Martha fucking Stewart.

Look at my basil. Ain't that grand..going to go out tonight when it's cooler and cut some and dry it.



Tada!...My squash..ain't he a honey?

This Saturday is graduation. We have 108 graduating. It will be held at Baylor's Ferrel Center. We used to have it here in West, but some of the kids had 12-20 people coming for it and there was never enough room. So this way everyone can have as many people as they want.
Everyone is all excited about graduation and the fact that the swimming pool is open. Damn we have a great pool. Will go out and take some pictures.
West KC is holding their 47th Annual Picnic this Sunday. Will be a West Czech-style dinner. Which will be friend chicken with country sausage and all the trimmings for $8 a plate for adults and $5 for kids.
Abbot KJZT is planning a hamburger supper at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Catholic Church parish hall in Abbot.(Willie Nelson's home town)
West Catholic Daughters of the Americas will have their annual Taste of West Luncheon from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. June 8 at St. Mary's Parish Center in West. (which is about a year old and was paid for by the congregation.) The annual event will feature a variety of meats, salads, vegetables, desserts and a drink. Donations for the meal are $6 for adults and $3 for children.
George and Fran Nors are celebrating their 40th Anniversary. Amy Nicole Karlik is engaged to Louis Arnold Hajek and will marry June 19th at St. Mary's.
New baby born..Samuel Ian Louis, weighted in at 7 pounds, 9 ounces and was 20 inches long.
Vernon H. Krueger 78, Julia Machac 101, and Edward Pavlicek 80 all passed away.
Ross Country Store is having a fish fry this Saturday. Tokio Store is having $1.50 long necks on Wednesday. Y'all come!
West Food Mart has pork baby back ribs on sale for $2.99 pound. Dr Pepper is on sale.
Community Grocery has rump roast on sale for $2.29 pound.
If your interested in land, you can get 278+ acres for $4,495 an acre.
If you'll an electrician/plumber and want to start your own business, Ray's Electric and Plumbing business (along with 2 leased retail store-fronts) is marked down to $115,000.
Country brick home on 14 acres, 3-bedrooms, 2 baths, very large country kitchen, garden room, enclosed porch, stock tank, carport and separate shop building for $269,000.
The Petter's, the Lenart's and the Hejl's are all having family reunions.
Not much else going on. But if the girls win..there will be some celebrating here in West, Texas.
I'll keep you updated. Just think..just a little over 2 months till Westfest. Hot dang..





17 comments:

texlahoma said...

Nice squash plant and squash, I can't believe you already got one.

Charlene said...

That is great you have squash. I don't care for it unless it's sliced and put in salad.

Beautiful still life photo on black plate.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Damn.........we just got our stuff in the ground.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Speaking of Willie Nelson, did you know he just cut off his braids? It's true -- I saw a photo. Some of his fans are quite upset about it. Hey, it's HIS hair . . . .

Go Lady Trojans!

tsduff said...

Heck, your garden is all growed up all ready - I haven't even planted mine! Wow - looks good!

Jan said...

Squash sliced and pan fried in olive oil with fresh basil. Fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Do you make pesto with your basil?

Anonymous said...

A hundred and one. Wow. That's a long life.

I haven't even planted a garden yet. Don't know if I will.

billy pilgrim said...

so what does dexter think of this stuff growing in his kingdom?

Anne Johnson said...

One fine squash you got there!

rosemary said...

I'm kinda interested in that land or the brick place...but I need a garage. Nice looking squash....you're gonna have a lot more....they're like rabbits.

yellowdoggranny said...

tex:and there are a bunch of blossoms too..so have more coming..im so pumped..have yellow and green.
charlene:yeah, yellow on black looks pretty cool..i like my squash dusted with flour and corn meal and fried..or make into fritters.
name:im fixing to plant some pumpkins too. and more lettuce.
debra:yeah, i saw that right away..my thoughts on it? he's willie by goddess nelson..he can do anything he wants.
tsduff:im so proud of myself..ha
jan:i think i'll make some pesto.
rggs:ha..yes im going to..need to get some pine nuts.
heart:i dont know if its the beer or the sausage or the kolaches, but these czech's live a long damn time.
billy;dexter doesn't give a shit about anything unless it interferrs with his dinner.
anne:im very proud of it..ha
rosemary:there were a lot of brick homes on 2-14 acres with garages.i just posted a couple..there's a bakery for sale too.ha..

Lance said...

Hello, I just came across your website. I'm a Petter that grew up in Robinson. My dad is from Abbott, and I have cousins and Aunt and uncle that live in West. My brother hear through the grapevine that the last year's Petter reunion had T-shirts that said "Petterbilt" with the Peterbilt emblem. Any chance of getting a few of those shirts. PS. I still have family in Texas, but I live in South Florida now, so if you have any let me know what postage would be. Thanks you.

yellowdoggranny said...

lance if you'll email me the name of your aunt uncle cousin who ever i'll call them and find out about the tshirts..which sound really cute.my email address is yellowdoggranny@yahoo.com
and by the way the lady trojans are going to state..we're all pumped...first time in school history...hot dang.

Nit Wit said...

I hate squash,eggplant zuccinie (don't even want to know how to spell it) but The Boss loves them all and eats them in front of me just to see the look on my face.
You go ahead and eat all you want.
I'll have to tell The Boss that you get them so early down there and she might want to move. Its just planting time here.
I really like how the school down there manages to teach safe sex to the students using the sports programs.
Go Lady Trojans!

Intense Guy said...

Nice squatch!

That annual Taste of West Luncheon and the fish fry makes West, Texas sound like a place you could go "out" to eat every weekend day - and never go to a restaraunt and always get yummy food.

yellowdoggranny said...

nitty:you've never had it texas style..sliced really thin..battered with corn meal/flour and deep fried..
I think when you get your ss (and i know you will) you should bring her down her for a vacation and she'll fall in love with the place and move here.bring the kids..grandkids..the whole family..ha
there are signs everywhere in town..need to get out and take pictures of all of them.
intense:every week there is a fund raiser or benefit or fish fry or church supper and we have food you wouldn't believe. plus we have cook offs, each bar is always having bbqs, or fish frys, or big dinners ...you won't go hungry here.health food in west is sausage and kraut.