I'm a liberal pagan living in West, Texas. Yes. That West, Texas.

Monday, January 30, 2006

THE TRUE AND OUTSTANDING ADVENTURES OF THE HUNT SISTERS

Written by Elisabeth Robinson....I had emailed Babs earlier and old her that she had to read this book, but by the time I had finished it I knew I had to tell everyone to read it.Well, not everyone because as there are 'chick flicks', this is a 'chic book'....Although guys could learn a lot by reading it too...
I don't want to say anything that would give away the heart of the book. What I will say is it is a book done in letter form..they are mostly letters from Olivia to her sister Maddie. There are other letters to her friend Tina, to Olivia's mom, dad and brother, to her x-boyfriend and to various people she has in her life.It is such a wonderful, touching, funny book...Olivia sort of reminds me of Babs, but not..sorta kinda...in a great and wonderful way..but there is one part that I really loved and it is when Olivia and Maddie are on a road trip and they find a town in New Mexico called Pie Town, home of the Pie-0-neer Cafe. Which dates back to 1922 and who's motto is "Life goes on and days go by. That's why you should stop for pie."..........I want to believe that this town exists all most as much as I want to belive in heaven...
I urge all you women who are big readers and even those of you who aren't to either buy this book(it is a quality paper book, not hard back) or check it out at your library.If you buy it..read it and pass it along...You won't be sorry...I promise....

7 comments:

Cassandra said...

Wait a minute... it's a chic book??? Ah crap. LOL!

Ya, you can get them with hot sausages here too. But they are really big instead of the smaller ones.

I love to leave little answers like that to comments you made, so people wonder WTF is she talking about?? mwhahahahahahahaha

Nit Wit said...

Your talking about the evil donut shop. I sometimes keep up. :)

Astronaut said...

I've finally started reading again, i think it is sticking with me this time. Is it just me or are hardbacks dead difficult to read?

Unknown said...

You make all books sound good, but I am adding this one to the list of must reads.

That Rhino is disgusting. LOL

Nit Wit said...

Hey! Your lightning bolt picture is gone.:(

Scottish Toodler said...

I will definitely add this to my list!!!

Charlene said...

I bing'd it and there is a Pie Town NM. Also here's the web address for the cafe: http://pie-o-neer.com/